Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2019 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: January 2019 Check-In Thread

Received notice today from one of the bureaus that my dispute regarding a medical bill was completed and in my favor. Woohoo!!!
This bill is from a couple of years ago and I have been trying to get the OC to apply my insurance and I'm not sure if it's laziness or what but each time I called they would say the coverage HAD been verified but they needed an additional letter or whatever (which I submitted multiple times).
I called my insurance carrier and they were perplexed because they were not being billed.
I hired an attorney and he had me submit the documentation to the bureaus that my insurance provided, stating that I had coverage at the time of injury.
Hoping scores go up a bit. I will see tomorrow when I'm able to pull again.
Message 21 of 34
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Happy New Year Everyone!!!  

I joined myFico in 2013, cleaned my credit in less than 6 months thanks to the folks on this forum; started with high 500s ended with low 700s. I maxed most of my cards, took out loans and other bad credit practices for the last 5 years...so I am back. Also, I purchased my reports after receiving several mortgage loan denials since I started applying 1/2/2019.

2019 Goals  

1. Lower Overall Utilization - Current 100%  Goal 47% 

2. Mortgage Score Improvement - Current EQ: 619 TU: 628 EX: 563 Goal 700+ across all board

3. Remove Collections - Current 2 CA Goal 0 CA 

4. Improve AAoA - Current 6.8 years Goal 7.8 years 

5. Home Purchase December 2019

So far, I paid off Amazon and Victorias Secret and started a GW letter campaign (CA and NFCU 30-day late)....one of the CA (NCM Management) deleted, the other two are with the same CA (National Credit Adjusters) and I haven't found the right person yet. NFCU refuses to delete the late; I will never give up. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a Mortgage loan in March/April. Looking to get my morgage score up to at least a 620 but aiming for a 640.

Letters Sent 1/21

Student Loan: Nelnet to fix 90 lates on two accounts. At the time I had several with them and only 2 didnt get put on deferrment for some reason. Their fault for sure. Trying to get them to fix it is like pulling teeth. This time I sent account info for all the accounts that were on deferrment with them at the same time these two went late. Hopefully that will help

Instaloan: for a auto loan i never got because I returned the vehicle 2 weeks after purchasing due to the mechanical condition of the vehicle. Hopefully they will fix that one. Its only on one (Equifax) but it needs to go.

Conserve: They keep double reporting. They updated a new report with an UNPAID balance this month despite having a previous report (still reporting) as PAID. Been trying to goodwill it off my report so hopefully they will just delete it since it was paid and settled and they just reported it as unpaid.

Brighthouse: Paid and settled this in 2015 and this is the SECOND time they have put a report on my credit for a balance owed in collections. They removed it the first time and now I get to make them do it again.

EE on 1/23 to TU
Going to request an EE from TU for a student loan that was paid and is due to fall off in June of this year. There are three student loan accounts on my husbands report that were in default but were paid in full and all are due to come off. When the credit issuer changed names they removed his old accounts and then added the new ones. When two were removed his score jumped 42 points so hoping to get all of them EE by March so we can see that point spike before we apply.
(update: 1/24 success! They deleted the three accounts last night. CK gave a 29pt boost. Not sure how accurate it is but shall see when we get FICO scores next week)

Credit Cards:
I have 6 due to hit the one year mark by May. BUT I have high UT right now so will be paying those off this month and next month so that we can get the score bump from those going down to $0 except one. 
Current Utilization 69%. Goal UTL at end of Januart 50%

Derogatory:
JH Portfolio is the bane of my existence. 
I just realized they sent me DV through my BBB complaint. Turns out all they sent was a loan application, credit report, and loan agreement. NO payment history. Nothing showing how much was in default, when payments stopped, where the additional fees or charges came from. IMO not a validation of my debt but a verification of a loan being taken out. I sent a new letter to them on 1/25 requesting a payment history and quoting two cases where the courts ordered that sending a contract as DV is not sufficient to prove the debt. Hoping they will either delete it or send me something. The SOL on the debt is past so they cant sue me anymore as of Jan 1, 2019 and it is due to fall off Jan 1, 2020. BUT i need it off for my mortgage application so they need to go. If they dont I will offer them $200 bucks for a PFD since they cant legally get anything from me anymore. Maybe they will take it. (Update: it's not on my report. I dont know when it went away but it was there before and now it's not. No score boost but it was an old account due to fall off July 2019 which I overlooked before. Maybe they just deleted it... )

Snap-On. My husbands oldest account and the account that is haulting all mortgage possibilities. Its a 10k loan that went into default due to financial hardships in 2015. We did seal a settlement for 8.5K. We are going to do that and then after we pay I am going to ask if they would be willing to delete the tradeline. If not at least it shows paid. 

IQ Data: Bane of anyone's existance. Totally unprofessional and use every kind of illegal debt collection practice known to mankind. We owe $3500 for the apartment lease we terminated in 2015. (same financial hardship. We were in Florida at the time. Been back in WI since and doing much better). I am going to call them after taxes come and offer $2500 for a PFD. They always want full payment for PFD so we shall see. That one has to go for the mortgage too so we will see what I can work out. 

Hoping February credit update brings some good jumps.
Message 23 of 34
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

We are in the same boat. I just sent out goodwill removal request letters today....one for a 30-day late on my Navy Federal cc and another for two paid collections with NCA (same CA reports both and no one on the forums has dealt with them). My mid mortgage score is 619....just one point away from qualifying for the worst mortgage terms. I ended up pushing my move back to pay down more of open cc debt and attempting to get the late and collections removed before apping for mortgage loans again. 

Good news is, I started with 3 collections and I was able to get get 1 CA to remove....NCA doesn't seem like they are going to budge, so I am going to keep at it. I am thinking that if I alternate phone calls and letters I might be able to catch the right person at the right time. Also, I hear that the late should lose a little of its bite after the 6 month mark. 

We can do this, it just takes lots of patience and attention to detail. Lots of good advice, great information, and inspiring stories on this forum. Best of luck to you and your hubby!! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

January check in:

Contacted Dept of ED ombudsman with NELNET complaint. Was told it could take 60 days to complete.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. You too. I had lots removed last year with goodwill letters. When sending to the company by mail didnt work I looked up corporate honchos and sent them letters. That did the trick for a couple. Good luck to you too! We got this!
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gah!!! So, the medical collection was on two bureau's reports. When I disputed, I sent in all of my documentation. Experian deleted (which I posted about earlier), however, Equifax just sent a response that the account was valid and verified by the creditor so it would stay on Equifax with no changes. I am so irritated.

I have called in to these people multiple times and with each different person I get a different response.
I did finally get an attorney and he said they still had a couple of weeks left to correct it and just wait and see, after which time we will sue.
I just want this gone!
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xtracredit, Equafax is a nightmare to deal with. They never want to delete anything. They are so frustrating. I hope they fix it.
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm wondering if they even sent the dispute to the creditor (in which case Equifax would be at fault) OR if the stupid creditor messed up.
My first thought, based on my experience with the creditor, is that it is the creditor's fault. Literally every time I dealt with them, it was a different person and a different answer. So... I'm thinking that because the attorney had me send the same dispute letter and documentation to each bureau, the first letter, which was most likely Experian, was probably received by one person and then the same day, next day, who knows, Equifax's dispute was probably received and handled by a different person who decided to give the opposite response to the one given to Experian.
Gahhhhh...
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe if the attorney sent a letter to them theyd pay better attention.... creditors like that need a spark lit under their collective bum sometimes
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.