Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: January 2021 Check-In Thread

@Technician2210 wrote:

I'll get a good part of my deposits back after closing, so I'll definitely put that money back in savings.

Good to know!   Happy for ya and look forward to your posting about moving daySmiley Wink

Credit News:  I gained 7 pts. today on my Eq score, the one my LO will pull in March.  Happy Dance!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 37
Mizqtpye
Valued Member

Just in time to join the challenge fun! I definitely need to be in this challenge for accountability.  2020 wasn’t horrible for me by any means.  While I had to file BK in 2019, my BK discharged in June 2020, and shortly thereafter, I got a new job making double what I previously made. I’m trying to take advantage of this new position and save save save.  My financial goals for 2021 are as follows: 

1. Continue good credit habits and not get myself back in the same pickle I was in before BK
  2. Save $50K 
  3. Practice good habits on my NFCU and Discover secured cards so they graduate on time
  4. Practice good habits so my credit scores increase as much as possible (immediate score goal is to get TU in the Good range; long term goal is to get all scores in the 690s). 
  5. Return mercedes lease in Nov. 2021 and be in the position to finance a Tesla Model S

My very very long term financial goals (I’m forcing myself in the challenges for years to come Smiley Happy) is to complete another 8 years, 9 months of govt employment so my student loans will be forgiven under PSLF and come out on top when my BK drops off in another 8 years, 10 months.  I’m ready 2021 - woot woot!!  

Starting FICO 8: 6/2020: EX 546 - TU 507 - EQ 596
Current FICO 8: 11/2022: EX 695 - TU 676 - EQ 680
2021 Goal Score: EX 690 - TU 690 - EQ 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New year everyone!! 
My goal is to get my credit scores to 800. I have a bankruptcy that falls off this year finally!! I'm trying to pay down my two large balances on my NFCU cards and get my student loan down to less than half!

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you are on your way with a plan you are already using.

Best Wishes as your credit improves and new higher scores become yours. Also, as you read around good credit can be obtained with less than the 800's. Some of us have done the scores just to see it happen. Getting good rates and products comes at a more reasonable level. Lenders seem to be happy with high 600s and some at 740 so keep that in mind based on your products of interest. Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep that in mind!! It feels like I'm stuck right in the 680s and I'm trying to surpass that. But I'm hopeful. I have to train my mind to stop applying for credit and just "garden" my current cards

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I will keep that in mind!! It feels like I'm stuck right in the 680s and I'm trying to surpass that. But I'm hopeful. I have to train my mind to stop applying for credit and just "garden" my current cards

Yeah ... the being stuck at a score? Sat at 690 to 710 for over two years. Frustration! Do know credit is not a race and gardening has proved time and again the breather many people find score helpful Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 37
EverForward
Established Contributor

Happy New Year!

Not much new to report here, scores seem to have plateaued. Keeping util below 3% at and PIF upon statement cut on all 4 CC.

Last CC app was 6 months ago, although 2 of my secured CCs graduated with nice SLs. TCL just over $7k. I am one year into actively rebuilding resulting from my Ch7 (discharged Mar 2019).

I plan to app for NFCU More Rewards CC within the next few months, then request a CLI on my NFCU cashRewards (CLI Aug 2020). Later this year, I plan to replace my Self loan with a NFCU SSL loan.

Wishing everyone all the best with their 2021 goals!

Message 27 of 37
BrooklynDrip
Contributor

My goals for this coming year are:
1. Increase my savings accounts
2.Grow my current cards, getting CLIs on my 4 recent CC accounts
3. Start saving for a car
4. Max out my ROTH IRA contributions
5. Hit 775+in my credit score
6. Pay down current balances by April 2021(long before my 0% APR promo period runs out) to keep CUR 1%-9%

1st Garden: Started January 2021
2nd Garden: Sept 2021 I’m returning to the garden - Doing a minimum of a year until 10/22 which will be 12 months post my newest 2 HPs

Scores as of 7.27.21
Experian: 760 Transunion: 732 Equifax: 741
Current Cards:
Macy’s Store:
$15000 - CLI $100>$2K>$4K>$8>$13K w P.C. to Amex >$15k
Care Credit: $1800 (Sock drawer)
Discover It: $4500
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $1000 (sock drawer)
AMEX Cash Magnet: $3000
Chase Freedom Flex: $1000
Amex Blue Business Cash: $2000
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Signature Visa Card: $10,000
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $9,000

Wishlist Cards:
AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant || AMEX Platinum || AMEX Blue Cash Preferred || Wells Fargo Propel American Express || U.S.Bank Altitude Go || Chase Sapphire Preferred || Citibank Double Cash

https://m.imgur.com/7eJQLoF?r

https://m.imgur.com/5QX7J6E?r
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrooklynDrip you have a put together a good road map for credit. Looks like you are moving along with short and long range insights!

Grats on looking ahead Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 37
BrooklynDrip
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@BrooklynDripyou have a put together a good road map for credit. Looks like you are moving along with short and long range insights!

Grats on looking ahead Smiley Happy
@Anonymous I’m trying! I’m learning so much from this site. I’m going to sit steady for these next six months, possibly until at least November (which 11/20 is when started applying for new credit lines) to see how my score grows.

1st Garden: Started January 2021
2nd Garden: Sept 2021 I’m returning to the garden - Doing a minimum of a year until 10/22 which will be 12 months post my newest 2 HPs

Scores as of 7.27.21
Experian: 760 Transunion: 732 Equifax: 741
Current Cards:
Macy’s Store:
$15000 - CLI $100>$2K>$4K>$8>$13K w P.C. to Amex >$15k
Care Credit: $1800 (Sock drawer)
Discover It: $4500
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $1000 (sock drawer)
AMEX Cash Magnet: $3000
Chase Freedom Flex: $1000
Amex Blue Business Cash: $2000
FNBO Evergreen Rewards Signature Visa Card: $10,000
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $9,000

Wishlist Cards:
AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant || AMEX Platinum || AMEX Blue Cash Preferred || Wells Fargo Propel American Express || U.S.Bank Altitude Go || Chase Sapphire Preferred || Citibank Double Cash

https://m.imgur.com/7eJQLoF?r

https://m.imgur.com/5QX7J6E?r
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.