Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2022 Check-In Thread

tag
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Re: January 2022 Check-In Thread

My goal is to continue my credit card debt pay down and increase my FICO score to at least 760. I plan to be in the garden until at least June '23. I'm only going to report using my score per my Discover account. I do have CK and find it extremely useful for monitoring what changes occurred that affected a score change and tips to improve my overall profile.  As of 12/31 my fico score is 737, overall utilization is 37%. I'll check in again on Feb 4 🙂

Message 11 of 28
Timbo9205
Established Member

My goal for 2022 is to take up a new hobby...gardening.    I opened some great cards last year and it is time to let things settle down and grow.  I have been reading the posts on this page for a while and the information has been very helpful on my credit card journey.  Thank you to everyone that takes the time to share your knowledge on this forum, it is greatly appreciated!

Message 12 of 28
Phnx_26

Happy New Year! I'm working to reduce utilization below 10%, increase some limits, save $ for a DP and become a 1st time house buyer this year. A tall order, but I am determined. Wish me luck!

Message 13 of 28
800scoreplease
New Contributor

I met one of my 2021 goals and that was to reach a 800 score and I did on Equifax just found out this morning.  New goal for 2022 is to reach a score of 825.  Continued 2021 goal is to pay of my credit card by December then I am debt free other than my mortgage. I plan to by myself a new car for Xmas 2022.

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 28
jlegleiter
Established Member

Hey there folks,
I hope everyone is well on their way to meeting there goals this year.
2021 was a rather momentous year in my credit journey.
My total debt was down significantly after paying more than $32,000 in past student loan balances. Credit scores were up across the board.
Since about October of last year I have been able to maintain 800+ scores across all three bureaus.

For 2022, I don't have a lot planned. I'll probably make one or two significant lump payments to the little remaining $13,000 student loan debt. For the most part though, I'll be nibbling at that over the next couple of years.

It's hard to believe how far I've come since I began this journey in earnest just three years ago. For those of you that may be reading this and just beginning your journey, hang in there.
This is not a quick process. If I could make just one recommendation, it would be to focus on making sound and healthy financial decisions for you and your family and the credit scores will follow.
The 'hacks' are helpful when preparing for a large purchase, but long-term credit and financial health is a lifestyle adjustment. I wish you all luck and keep focused. You've got this!!!

FICO 8 Score Progress:
April 2018:
June 2020:
March 2021:
May 2021:
Oct 2021:
Jan 2022:

Message 15 of 28
pennix5

My goal is to get to the 700 credit score this year.

3/24/24 fico 8 EX 668 EQ 673 TU 670
1/13/22 FICO 8 EX 618 EQ 657 TU 617
Message 16 of 28
CramEiko
Established Contributor

A Barclay Aviator Red with a 60k mile sub and a $20k CL did my garden in..... Now, Just waiting for the moment when international travel wont look so crazy with some long quarantine times. My friend flew back to China from Dallas in October. Mandatory Quarantine 21 days in a government supervised hotel plus an additional 7 days once arriving at home. No Thanks!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 17 of 28
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@CramEiko wrote:

A Barclay Aviator Red with a 60k mile sub and a $20k CL did my garden in..... Now, Just waiting for the moment when international travel wont look so crazy with some long quarantine times. My friend flew back to China from Dallas in October. Mandatory Quarantine 21 days in a government supervised hotel plus an additional 7 days once arriving at home. No Thanks!

Well, it sounds like a card you wanted, so was worth killing off a few plants. You can get back in and start gardening again.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 28
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

So far, things are going well. My scores went up around the first of the year. I had forgotten how satisfying this is. Now all my scores are in the 600's. Although this is low, it is far better than before. I am currently at home with Covid, and so I have not had to spend any money for five days. This has been really good for my finances- it's like my money is in quarantine, as well! Smiley Very Happy  I also purxhased a different budget planner, and I really like the format, plus the fact that it is undated, and it came with stickers!

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't decide if it's time to garden, dump what appears to be a bucketed card, or maybe open one more. Scores are fairly solid but I'd definitely like to have them all 750+ and open up more flexibilty. Sadly I get knocked for not having a single loan *shrug*

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.