Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: January Check In Thread

@Creditwiser wrote:

I have all the credit I need, Including a car loan.Not a bad couple of months post BK.  In fact way better than I could have imagined.  A few cards I would like to have but they will have to wait.  Its my year to stay in the garden. Thats firm and no other option will suffice.  Stay put and pay my accounts.  I'll take my CLI's when they come my way and let my scores inch up and allow the accounts and my AAoA to age. Its all good Smiley Wink

Good luck on your 2015 goals!!!

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For me 2015 is a year of keeping my balances down and hopefully increasing my limits, if I am able to get a prime card then fantastic but if not then I can hang on with what I have for now.  

Another goal of mine is to refinance my truck for a lower apr, hopefully with NFCU, I am 4 months out of a CH 7 and they said to wait 6-12 months to app for the refi, so anywhere between April and July I can start that process.  

2014 was a good and bad year, I foreclosed on my house and then went through a CH 7 BK, so it was sad but seeing my score come up almost 200 points this year has been great.  Before I filed for BK my score was in the low 400's because of walking away from my house, seeing it now between 617-638 is amazing!

Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to myFICO and this year I hope to raise my scores as high as possible. No set number since my file is very short and I'm still considered a risk. I'd like to increase my credit limits and pay 35% of my auto loan. So far I've paid all my balances in full and pay them off immediately. Very excited as I plan to purchase a home in the future and want to receive the best rates possible (on everything) from here on out.

In January, I started out with an average score of 425. I was surprised to see scores over 700 when I signed up today. Prior to this, I had been using Credit Karma until I established some new accounts.

FICO scores - As of 1-3-15

Equifax - 703

Transunion - 725

Experian - 730

Message 43 of 49
jasiono
Established Member

Well, I just wrote 4 letters to credit card companies in hopes of getting a goodwill adjustment on missed payments. I described my situation, made clear that I am not disputing the validity of the missed payments and I know that they are not required to forgive me on them.

I will be sending them out tomorrow

I've never been late on ANYTHING with the exception of these payments.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 49
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck on your letters. Always worth a shot.  Multiple shots even if the first doesn't take.

Message 45 of 49
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

Hello.

My goals for the year is simple:

Pay off all my credit card debt, hopefully by the end of July.

Start paying off my student loans.

Garden until the end of the year.

Try to raise my credit scores.

Save up for a car.

Save up just to save.

Possibly start investing.

Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 46 of 49
adcsarge

Doing my January check-in, a little stresses about Penn Fed cu. They accidentally opened up a new account for me and then closed it.  Showing now as a close account and dropped my Eq fico 13 points to 823.  They said they would completely delete it from my CR however according to fico I will not get the 13 points back!  Go figure.

Score: font> EQ 823 TU 822 EX 814b>
As of 2/3/2015:
Goal core: 850

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PinkPanther3719 wrote:

Hello.

My goals for the year is simple:

Pay off all my credit card debt, hopefully by the end of July.

Start paying off my student loans.

Garden until the end of the year.

Try to raise my credit scores.

Save up for a car.

Save up just to save.

Possibly start investing.

You have clear goals for 2015. With your plan you can accomplish a lot in the world of credit and finance. Congrats on laying out a course.

Message 48 of 49
Piggeh
Established Member

One of my resolutions for this year is to actually pay down my Amex aggressively.

I want to actually pay it off completely but I'm unsure if that's going to be easy to do, especially since I had my hours cut at work and I haven't making as much money as I did in the past. I'm hoping hours pick up by May though and that I'll be able to pay it off soon after.

I already have plans in place to pay off my CareCredit bill by May or else I'll incur interest if it's not paid off by July so that's incentive enough for me to take that bill out.

This month's goal will be to use my tax refund to go straight towards my Amex bill. I'm using that card to pay for school fees and books since I also decided to go back to school this year but I figured it was a good way to spend half my tax refund - something to help me get ahead.

Victoria's Secret Angel Card $2K - Emblem MasterCard $700 - United Mileage Plus Explorer Card $7K - American Express SPG $9K - CareCredit $7K

Starting Score: 4/27/2014 - TU:704 EQ:706 6/15/2014 - EX:764
Current Score:
TBD
Goal Score:
780+ for all three

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.