Did you mean: 

July 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: July 2018 Check-In Thread

@JohnnyGaddar wrote:
@19eighty5

Hii. I still need help to create signature like you. Please guide. Thanks.

@patelg1992

Check out this thread on how to add the card images to your signature and this one for the FICO score badges. DM me if you have more questions. Good luck!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m up almost 30 points, from a 667 to a 692!
Message 12 of 28
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

@Walkingoxymoron

Well done buddy. Keep up good work and it will worth at the end. Good luck for new higher numbers 👍
Date 07/01/2018

Message 13 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, hello July!

I think I even missed last month's thread. We were desperately focused on trying to get a boat loan, so I took several HP's on EX. They are all boat loan, though, which never materialized. So, now, DH and I, together, are committed to a year in the garden. After May 2019, I will have zero inquiries less than 12 months, and whatever percs come from 12 months in the garden. We  should be in good shape for a mortgage. We had thought boat loan first, but think mortgage is more important. Anyone in CA is welcome to offer us advice. I know CA isn't the most mortgage/retirement friendly place in the US. Any thoughts/advice is totally welcome!  Smiley Happy

Totally mortgage first regardless of where you live Bella Smiley Happy.

Boats, ai yah everyone that I know who owns one describes them as a financial sinkhole haha.

        
Message 14 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing expected for July... still sitting on my hands till sometime in September or even November depending when Tesla delivers.

Shotgun auto loan apps, going to be interesting financing at this time heh.

On the plus side lots of fireworks outside my window Smiley Happy.

        
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

July is off to a good start. TU up to 760, from 755, even with two new cards in June. Hope EX & EQ are as forgiving. 

It's amazing that a five point "jump," especially when I expected a penalty for new cards, can keep me happily in the garden for the 2nd month. Of course, it is only the 4th day of the month. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, hello July!

I think I even missed last month's thread. We were desperately focused on trying to get a boat loan, so I took several HP's on EX. They are all boat loan, though, which never materialized. So, now, DH and I, together, are committed to a year in the garden. After May 2019, I will have zero inquiries less than 12 months, and whatever percs come from 12 months in the garden. We  should be in good shape for a mortgage. We had thought boat loan first, but think mortgage is more important. Anyone in CA is welcome to offer us advice. I know CA isn't the most mortgage/retirement friendly place in the US. Any thoughts/advice is totally welcome!  Smiley Happy

Totally mortgage first regardless of where you live Bella Smiley Happy.

Boats, ai yah everyone that I know who owns one describes them as a financial sinkhole haha.

Thanks, Rev! I appreciate the advice on the mortgage first!

Re: boats being a financial sinkhole, I think it depends on priorities and how one likes to spend their time. Some spend thousands upon thousands traveling all over the world, buying luxury items, fancy houses and cars. Why not for traveling all over and exploring/fishing different lakes? Just depends on what someone likes to do. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 28
broadnms
Established Member

Hi everyone! I am new to the challenge. I updated my signature with my credit scores (current and goal), hopefully it shows up.

Here are my current activities:

1) I am working on my credit utilization percentage. It has helped my credit score increase over the last month, but only by maybe 5-10 points at the most.

2) I signed up for Rental Karma, as they report all of my rent payments. This is a new account and it hasn't shown up as a tradeline just yet. And unfortunately they only report to TransUnion. But we will see if it impacts my score in a positive manner.

3) I have a collections account that reports payments, and I only have $240 left. Each time the creditor reports a payment, my credit score goes up about 4 points. Let's see what will happen once it's paid off this month.

Starting Score: EQ-590: TU-602: EX-613
Current Score: EQ-590(Jan '23): TU-602(Jan '23): EX-613(Jan '23)
Goal Score: EQ-630: TU-650: EX-620

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@broadnms wrote:

Hi everyone! I am new to the challenge. I updated my signature with my credit scores (current and goal), hopefully it shows up.

Here are my current activities:

1) I am working on my credit utilization percentage. It has helped my credit score increase over the last month, but only by maybe 5-10 points at the most.

2) I signed up for Rental Karma, as they report all of my rent payments. This is a new account and it hasn't shown up as a tradeline just yet. And unfortunately they only report to TransUnion. But we will see if it impacts my score in a positive manner.

3) I have a collections account that reports payments, and I only have $240 left. Each time the creditor reports a payment, my credit score goes up about 4 points. Let's see what will happen once it's paid off this month.

Nice!  I'll be interested to see if Rental Karma does impact your score.

        
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just settled 2 of my 9 credit card accounts, and I just got a 1-year settlement plan for another one. 

Making great strides! Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.