Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2018 Check-In Thread

July check-in

The last 30 days have been good.  I was able to get a one of the collections removed that popped up on my credit report a few months ago.  I still am waiting until 12/18 when the last couple of things will fall off and everything will be in good standing.

Scores for June were

EQ 681

TU 673

EX 710

July Scores are

EQ 681 (even)

TU 674 (+1)

EX 708 (-2)

While the scores didn't move much there was a reason for that and I have benefited from better scores.  First off I did re-finiance my truck with PenFed this month, while I didn't lower my payment I did knock off 9 months and kept my payment at the same payment.  So to me that was a very good.  At the moment my report is showning 2 car loans open because the one that was paid off hasn't updated on my credit report.  At the same time I was also able to pickup a credit card from PenFed with a $5K limit on the same hard pull as the car loan.

I also have a trip coming up that I will be flying American Airline so I took a chance and applied for the Citi American Airline credit card for the miles and bonus of 50K miles of $3k spent in the first 3 months.  Credit limit on this credit card was $10,400.

With these 2 additional cards I was able to hit my goal of credit for the year of over 100K.  I have picked up 5 new cards in the last 3 months so now it is time to sit back and let them all age, picking these cards up has hurt my AOAA which is hurting me at the moment.  I have been able to hit all bouns on all cards so far and don't see a problem hitting the Citi card either with my trip coming up.  At the same time I have also been able to keep my total ulitization down to 2%

Overall I am very pleased and am looking forward to seeing where my scores will go in the next 6 months once everything falls off.  I have been able to make it this far because of all the help from everyone here and the things that others have shared.  Thanks again for all the great information that people share here.

Message 21 of 28
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

I so admire all of these people who, in their signatures say that they are gardening until a certain date. I can't put dates on it - I don't want to fail. I am just thrilled to have found this forum - and I am taking it month by month. I am looking forward to changing my status after my first full month, in only 10 more days. When I was attempting to rebuild after an almost voluntary rental property foreclosure in 2015, I had an on-going app spree beginning early 2016. I have done well since then, and I am gardening! Almost through my first month. And you know - my score has gone up 4 points this month, just by gardening, in my opinion.

One key to successful gardening: ALL THREE CREDIT REPORTS FROZEN - not locked, but frozen!

Happy and successful gardening to all!

Message 22 of 28
broadnms
Established Member

Update:

Credit scores from all three are climbing. Slowly, but they are climbing!

1) Made my last payment to Midland Funding for my old CreditOne account. I also asked them to delete the tradeline once the final payment was confirmed in their office. I believe the account will be updated sometime this week, and it will be updated to $0...but let's see if they will delete it.

2) RentalKharma is showing up on my TU report through the 3B reports we receive here, but that hasn't had any affect on my credit score. I will wait one more month to see what happens.

3) CapitalOne...I am grateful that I still have my accounts with them. But they really irk my nerves sometimes! I have 3 accounts, 2 CC and my auto loan. My oldest account is my CapitalOne Platinum Card that I've had for 8 years. I have been at a $300 credit limit the ENTIRE eight years! I've asked for a CLI...Aside from my student loans, this is the only account that i  have NEVER been late or over-the-limit. They will NOT raise the limit! I really want to get rid of this card, but its my oldest account. Tried to take advantage of a balance transfer offer, but I cannot do it with two Cap1 CCs.

And get this, my other CC account is also with Cap1. I've had it for less than 8 years, been late AND over-the-limit, and had two increases. One in 2013, and one this morning! Will have to do some digging in other threads to find out why some Cap1 cards get CLIs and some do not.

My next major project is figuring out how to pay my auto loan payment before the statement is released in order to pay less interest. That will my main goal for 2019, to pay off my auto loan.

Starting Score: EQ-590: TU-602: EX-613
Current Score: EQ-590(Jan '23): TU-602(Jan '23): EX-613(Jan '23)
Goal Score: EQ-630: TU-650: EX-620

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I just stumbled on this forum searching for credit advice as I'm working on building my credit and was inspired to join - I appreciate the enthussiasm of everyone and I feel motivated just by reading all posts and your commitment to reach your credit goals. 

My goal is to have a good credit. I know it is going to take a lot of work but I'm committed to fulfilling it.

As of now my credit scores are as follows:

Transunion - 573

Fico - 592

Equifax - 561

Overall, I just want to have a good credit - a good credit to me means having the highest score possible.  I haven't put a time limit on when  I'd want to achieve my goal but I do know that I would like to make significant changes everymonth. 

I welcome any advice, tips, insight, etc...to help me meet my goal. 

Thanks and  good luck everyone!

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am at slow place right now I started growing last summer 2017 with a First Premier CL $ 300 and I have increase my score over 160 points from a 472 to a 660 and things are just moving really slow. I'm not mad now, I have pick up a Nordstrom Card  CL $2400, Kohls CL$300, Capital One Quick Silver CL $300, Credit One CL $600, JC Penny's CL $700, Care Credit CL $4000, Mileston CL $300, Lowes CL$1000, Walmart CL $900, First Premier CL $300, 2nd First Premier CL $700. A couple months ago my dentist pull all 4k off my Care Credit at one time and I drop 40 points. I'm back up to 660 Fico never miss a payment and I pay more than the minimum. My goal is 750 - 800, American Express still will not give me a card telling me that my credit card history is not establish enough and to try again in a few months. Waiting patiently just watering and waiting for a real Credit Card with a decent APR as well as a decent CLI -  Growing Pains

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read my thread might give you some ideals....Good Luck

You have to start some where I started at the bottom.

You can get out of the rut, my score improve my way of life 

alot and I'm just at a 660. Step out and move forward - 

Good Luck again!

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

my Fico Score went up to 608 from 592

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.