Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2018 Check-In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2018 Check-In Thread

Well, hello July!

I think I even missed last month's thread. We were desperately focused on trying to get a boat loan, so I took several HP's on EX. They are all boat loan, though, which never materialized. So, now, DH and I, together, are committed to a year in the garden. After May 2019, I will have zero inquiries less than 12 months, and whatever percs come from 12 months in the garden. We  should be in good shape for a mortgage. We had thought boat loan first, but think mortgage is more important. Anyone in CA is welcome to offer us advice. I know CA isn't the most mortgage/retirement friendly place in the US. Any thoughts/advice is totally welcome!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

Hello. Just started myFICO today. Created my signature. Let me make my first post to see how it’s looks. 😃
Date 07/01/2018

Message 3 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

@JohnnyGaddar wrote:
Hello. Just started myFICO today. Created my signature. Let me make my first post to see how it’s looks. 😃

Welcome!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 28
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Hello July! I had a very productive June Smiley Very Happy .

I was able to purge THREE derogatires from my report! One collection I did a PFD. Once collection I had removed with the help of CS360. And one paid in full charge-off I was able to GW into the oblivion! 

With those three things, plus implementing AZEO, I was able to boost my TU by 14 points and my EX by 12 points. 

Another thing I did was signed up for CCT and got my EQ score for the first time, and it is ~35 points higher than my other two. It turns out my EQ is not showing an old paid-off collection that IS reported on my TU and EX, so in July I am going to try and get that one removed. It is my last collection account so I think the reason for the large jump is a possible rebucketing...  We'll see how it goes; worst case scenario it ages off in September of 2019.

My goals for July are:

• Try to get that last collection off my TU and EX
  • Work on my last derog, which is a charged off card that still has a balance. Hopefully I can do another PFD
  • Try again for a GW with my mortgage company for some leniency on my late payments
  • Continue to garden until November. Hopefully by then I will be able to qualify for a halfway decent card.

Good luck this month, everyone! Heart

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So interesting one month for me..

I applied for a U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa, and was approved but with only $500 SL.  Followed advice on a couple of these forums to recon that with the underwriters for a higher starting limit.. did that last wednesday, Waiting for a response.

Other than that new card, i've started my journey to the land of AZEO... had never heard of that until recently.  Still figuring out statement dates and when the accounts post to the Bureaus, but an easy excel sheet and some reminders on the google calendar should make it a snap.

Something weird happened though... my TU report showed a 21pt drop (663 to 642).  Reasons next to the alerts were:

Capture.PNG                             

Just confused as to which of those reasons/alerts caused the actual drop.. any thoughts on this?

Otherwise... 

Goals for July:

• Wait for last collection account to fall off (National Recovery - "PFD" on June 6th.. said about 30days) 
  • Fullfil first AZEO cycle.

Good luck everyone in your Quests

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@the mayo
I'm willing to bet the added account is what caused the score drop. Next month it'll probably go up as a new account can cause an initial drop sometimes. Good work and good luck!
Message 7 of 28
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

@19eighty5

Hii. I still need help to create signature like you. Please guide. Thanks.
Date 07/01/2018

Message 8 of 28
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

@The_Mayo

I think that balance increases and new account added to your credit file causes your score to drop little. Don’t worry, keep low credit card utilization and it will get back after couple months. 👍
Date 07/01/2018

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

June is such a crazy, busy month for me, and I just didn't get around to checking in, so I'll report on June here.

My credit had some ups and downs in June, and my credit score took some wild gyrations.  I applied, and was approved, for a Discover card with a starting limit of $7,500 (yay), and my Amex 61 day CLI doubled my limit, but my score plummeted to 699, before rebounding at the end of the month to finish at 732.  I suspect my having paid off much of my debt, and Chase doubling the credit limit on my Sapphire card (without my asking) had something to do with that.

I bought an insanely expensive TV that I plan to pay off in July, and I fell prey the the Siren calls of both the Nordstrom and Barney's shoe departments, so those will need to be paid off this month as well.  Beyond that, I'll attempt to remain in the garden for a while.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.