Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2019 Check In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Re: July 2019 Check In Thread

Achieve two of my goals.
1 Getting real FICO scores, instead of just a Vantage 3.0 score.
2. Adding a Chase card to my credit card collection.

Now I'm planning on this month adding an Amex rose gold, for the last card to add this year.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 58
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Slow and steady but, still here.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy July🙋🏽‍♀️!

June was a rough month. I'm currently down about 25 points as of today from the start of June. I made a big move and relied pretty heavy on my cards without PIF before the statements. I'm currently showing 21% utilization over my regular 7%. I'll need to pay all of that off during this month.
It's also been just rough in general. My car died 2 weeks after we got to our new state and is currently "in the spa" getting her belts and whatever looked at. Another large expense right after a move. 🥴
I'm going to try to tackle this month so that I can be in better shape in August.
That's pretty much the goal. End each month better than I start, so that I have an ever-upward trend.
Message 4 of 58
calyx
Super Contributor

On one hand, I'm a little disappointed, I got another Chase card, on the other hand, I'm not Smiley Wink

Still at 770 on TU since the baddies fell off, nothing negative has happened, so I assume that by the end of the year, I should be above 740 on all three CRAs.
As far as financial goals, still plugging away.   My initial goal is now a huge stretch thanks to buying a new car this year, but I think I will get there Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hello mod Kenny......

Glad it's a no-judge zone but I may need a slap or two.

Hope everyone enjoys 4th of July week, be safe, keep hydrated.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 58
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Glad to find this thread!  June was a mixed bag for me.  I had a couple of baddies come off my reports, one through early exclusion and one from good will.  The last two should be gone by the end of the year.  I did take a hit on my Discover Card utilization.  I balanced transferred an ill advised loan with a high interest rate to the card.  I can now pay it down with no interest, but Discover is now showing 59% utilization and of course the score took a hit according.  Oh well, gotta take the bad with the good, I suppose.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 7 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tending the garden working toward the Diamond recognition for two years with no inquiries. Also, have maintained the Fico 800's for five years now. One stumbling block coming my way is the loss of an account from 2001 (ten years). It will hit me hard (I think?) as my next closest is 2006. Sad about that as we know unloading starter accounts is a good feeling but, can come back to haunt us later in the credit life cycle! As shown in the signature, I have been siting at Fico 08 850 for nine months now so it is a loss. Now if you hold my feet to the fire, I have to confess there is no credit product I need in the near future so all my whinning about Fico Scores is really unimportant at this time Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 58
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Eleven months to go. The damage from my May app spree was minimal (May vs July: EX 0 pts, TU -8 pts, haven't checked EQ). I'm expecting good things around June 2020, when delinquencies and inquiries age off. In December I'll go for a round of CLIs. Until then, I have more than enough credit and am happily gardening.

Message 9 of 58
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

June was fairly boring credit wise, played with some small balances but paid them all off. No movement for me at an AOYA of 3 months so no happy credit morning yesterday heh.

July is still holding pat; lost some income and have an estimated tax payment due plus the annual insurance bill landed so will get a fun balance to play with to see what it does to my scores these days, but other than playing FICO reindeer games I am just going to keep it steady so that if rates keep falling I may just refinance my mortgage and cut my payment in half somewhere around October.

As a result going to keep things tight as I have a pretty mortgage mid-score currently and not worth risking that.

        
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.