Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2019 Check In Thread

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: July 2019 Check In Thread

Welp,   my stubborn harassment of my OC and CA has turned up progress.
EX is now clean and at 773.   Now to wait until September for EQ to get clean.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 58
jons998877
Regular Contributor

Rough month... had a few unseen expenses and my utlization will go from 0% to somewhere close to 50% (about $2200 on CL of $4700)..  not sure what scores will be when they report next week.. My goal will be to have the balance paid off by Sept cycles (Sept 9) as I try to get scores above 670.. Pissed at myself because I feel like I am getting so close as things age off and I build my AAoA (currently about 5 mos)

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 12 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@jons998877 wrote:

Pissed at myself

Don't be, your scores have no memory on utl% once you get it back to where you want it to be.   

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 58
jons998877
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@jons998877 wrote:

Pissed at myself

Don't be, your scores have no memory on utl% once you get it back to where you want it to be.   

I know... I am trying to keep it as high as possible because my car has 230K miles on it and I feel like I am living on borrowed time with that thing, so expecting to need car financing soon..

Message 14 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@jons998877 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@jons998877 wrote:

Pissed at myself

my car has 230K miles on it and I feel like I am living on borrowed time with that thing

Same boat dearheart......run it til it's red-tagged on the side of the road.  Hopefully by then your scores will have rebounded.  Check Cap1 auto pre-qual site before you do anything, you could be surprised or not but at least check.  Don't check until you have to though.....they only give you a quote for like 30 days.  Hold out as loooong as your car will let you.

Message 15 of 58
jons998877
Regular Contributor

That’s my plan... but getting tough as the AC is now not working ha

Message 16 of 58
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@jons998877 wrote:
That’s my plan... but getting tough as the AC is now not working ha

yep, yep...sux!  Hot as Hades now.  Have you try charging it up? or does it leak like a sieve or compressor gone?

Message 17 of 58
jons998877
Regular Contributor

Have charged it up a few times and two cans lasts about 3 or 4 days.. decided not worth the hassle since I only use the car a few times a week when I umpire... once school starts up in Aug will need to rethink things ha

Message 18 of 58
calyx
Super Contributor

@jons998877 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@jons998877 wrote:

Pissed at myself

I know... I am trying to keep it as high as possible because my car has 230K miles on it and I feel like I am living on borrowed time with that thing, so expecting to need car financing soon..

I feel you on this.  I had a new tradeline post at 65% util (I thought it was a loan, it was a retail card) and it tanked my score.   JUST as my old car had a catastrophic failure.    Good luck!

(Positive note: I was able to get around it by going to my CU and explaining and getting their promo rate through them)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 19 of 58
jons998877
Regular Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@jons998877 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@jons998877 wrote:

Pissed at myself

I feel you on this.  I had a new tradeline post at 65% util (I thought it was a loan, it was a retail card) and it tanked my score.   JUST as my old car had a catastrophic failure.    Good luck!

(Positive note: I was able to get around it by going to my CU and explaining and getting their promo rate through them)

Well I should be able to get it either paid way down or completely off in a month, so should be a one month slide, two at the most.. and as a school teacher off for the summer, it isn't getting many miles the next several weeks..

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.