Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2020 Check In

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2020 Check In

@Anonymous I was literally where you are at the beginning of the year, and with a single Cap1 Platinum card. The only thing weighing down my scores are the 8 lates from 4 student loans from 2016 and a young credit file (average is a little less than 6 years). So my best option is to stay on top of my bills while gardening. I would suggest as soon as you are in the 670 range, then you start looking for cards cuz you will definitely get better options (that's if your report is also solid). You can do it!!!

Message 21 of 47
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

I am on a payoff for my accounts.  My scores are slowly (and I mean slowly) moving on the upward trend.  Next account up will be gone by the end of this month.  My goal is to get a jump on the 3 collections and move on.  I can not be approved for any loans at this time, so it is all me.  Between my rent and putting only minimum on cards, this will be a long run.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

I am on a payoff for my accounts.  My scores are slowly (and I mean slowly) moving on the upward trend.  Next account up will be gone by the end of this month.  My goal is to get a jump on the 3 collections and move on.  I can not be approved for any loans at this time, so it is all me.  Between my rent and putting only minimum on cards, this will be a long run.

@tricie17    hang in there as the early days can be very slow and trying. Over time as you establish a newer credit profile the scores will follow. Will not lie, there were plateaus where nothing moved. Got so frustrated! Eventually things started up the ladder and there was hope!  Smiley Surprised 

For what it is worth many of us have been down the road so ask question around the Forum as the need arises..

Message 23 of 47
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous Thank you.  I needed that support.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took a Balance Transfer from Discover to cover my new windows purchase. With that being said, my scores will go down considerably but, I need the windows and maybe they will stop the wind from coming in! Such is life. Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 47
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Took a Balance Transfer from Discover to cover my new windows purchase. With that being said, my scores will go down considerably but, I need the windows and maybe they will stop the wind from coming in! Such is life. Smiley Sad

I mean, that's what credit is there for.  It's better to use it than lose it...take a ding and then rebound. That's a whole lot better than losing it. Ya know?  Besides, you gotta show you can handle credit and you gotta stay warm, or cool, or dry...while saving $$$ on power bills.  Lol, you're more than 100 pts. ahead of meSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean, that's what credit is there for.  It's better to use it than lose it...take a ding and then rebound. That's a whole lot better than losing it. Ya know?  Besides, you gotta show you can handle credit and you gotta stay warm, or cool, or dry...while saving $$$ on power bills.  Lol, you're more than 100 pts. ahead of meSmiley Tongue

@GApeachy    off subject but in honor of your Avatar/handle I picked up a Peach Pie! Intend to eat the whole thing myself!!! First Peach Pie I have seen in quite a spell! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 47
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy    off subject but in honor of your Avatar/handle I picked up a Peach Pie! Intend to eat the whole thing myself!!! First Peach Pie I have seen in quite a spell! Smiley Happy

And a big glass of milk, yum!  ((enjoy))

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 28 of 47
EverForward
Established Contributor

I am gardening this month after succesfully picking up 2 new cards late May, early June.  These 2 new cards brought me to a total of 4 revolvers and 1 Self installment loan.  My FICO scores took a nominal hit due to the two inquiries.  All 4 cards have reported now and I am hoping for another score bump soon.  My Vantage score barely breached 700 at 704, so hopefully I'll qualify to upgrade my Cap1 from Platinum to Quicksilver.

Looking forward, I am looking forward to my nRewards graduating soon, then I'll ask for a CLI and a 2nd NFCU card, likely the More Rewards.  As my scores support, I need to pick up a business revolver or AMEX card or two, hopefully by years end.

My tenative overall plan is to try to pick up a new CC or two every 2-3 months, no rush now that I have 4 revolvers, and replace my Self loan with a NFCU SSL next year.

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Officially, I just started. But I've been working on my credit for about 6 months, and have made huge strides starting with getting an old semester of UofM removed from collections. 

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.