Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2021 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2021 Check-In Thread

Megan's Month: July 2017 – Beyond 20 Something

I know you guys are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule? Hope you are staying safe during the quarantine!

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones? The year is flying by!

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: July 2021 Check-In Thread

Looking at this another way, because I'm really bored, I averaged all 28 FICO scores for each of the last eight months. I get my 3B report around the 28th of each month, so it's after all my statements have posted for that month. I've shown an increase every single month since I've been tracking.

Monthly averages:
Nov 705
Dec 709
Jan 726
Feb 741
Mar 748
Apr 753
May 754
Jun 760

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 2 of 9
Raison
Established Member

Happy Monday!!! Over halfway through 2021!!! 

It's been a great year. So I was reading on the forums about getting CLI with NFCU. I decided to apply for another CC and then do the CLI on the current card. I got a 15k on the Go Rewards and didnt get the CLI months current card. I got the message I was at my limit for what they are currently willing to give me. Well that was my 5/24 I had been saving for my goal of a Chase card. Then last week I got a baddie completely removed off my report and my score raised 50 points. 

Today I decided that since the NFCU card technically hasnt hit my reports and my credit score is in range of a possible Chase Unlimited Freedom card I would go for it.

The tense moment of having to wait another year to be under the 5/24 again. I was surr I wasnt getting it.  I was approved!!! Very happy!!! Got my goal cars much sooner then anticipated. Not the CL I was expecting but $500 will work. I'm happy and satisfied. I think its now back to gardening as theres nothing more I want at the moment!!! 

Hope all is well with everyone!!! Good luck in your Journeys. I know I wouldnt be where I am today with out you all!!! 

Message 3 of 9
RA26
New Contributor

Because of a little over spending for the trip before we left and while traveling and still needing to move money around and balance the budget. I won't see the gains I hoped for this last month and it will probably take another month to balance back out. I am okay with this though because we paid back our hotel, the gas (we got points for using the cc for gas purchases) and one of the needed purchases prior to going. We also could cash flow most of our food and drink stops coming back home. Now we're just waiting for things to clear to see what else I can do to minimize the added debt to one of our CCs. 

I got a 1k CLI on my QS card. I didn't even ask for it. They granted it to me, which is awesome. I just wish they would give me a cli on my walmart card for them. When it was synchrony they lowered it right before they sold it off to Capital One and it's been a low limit ever since. I plan on probably closing it out because to be fair it's just so easy to charge onto it and even though I have been paying it off in full every time I use it. That's like 100 dollars every month if not twice a month that could easily be going towards another card to pay off instead. 

Now my utilization is down to 69% started at 87% back in Janurary. Most of that is from one new card and a CLI on another but it's still going down and we're still paying down on debt. It's just such a large jump because of the new credit. I will take it though. 

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 9
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Holding steady. My MyFico app apree aged off my reports last month, which was a psychological boost if not a numerical boost. Two scores are well into the 800s, but TU has stagnated in the 790s. From what I've read here, TU is the most sensitive to new accounts, and I opened a revolver last year. The inquiry will hit 365 days this fall, and perhaps then I'll see TU rise above 800.

Message 5 of 9
RA26
New Contributor

We paid off another card! A month early. It was a small balanced card but it's been paid off. We are should have the next small card paid off next month. Which is almost 3 months earlier than planned. 

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 9
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Good morning all! 

Havent checked in in awhile! I have been staying away from apps other than SP CLI's which i have gotten a few! My last CC app was 11/29/2020 but i did have to get a car loan in Feb 2021...had no choice... So i guess im 5 months into gardening technically. Im finding it so hard!! I am also waiting for the other 2/3 reports to become clean which should happen for each between now and end of year. Experian went clean and jumped to 760! Woot! 

Since November ive grown my Macys amex from 2k > 12k in SP clis! My amex bcp from 1k > 3k. And my disco from 4500 > 5500. Not too shabby for hiding in the shadows! 

Hows everyone else doing?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the past 60ish days, I've paid off all cards - Target MC, Ashley Stewart, HSN, and Chase Marriott Premier (not sure how to add these to my signature quite yet).

I was approved for the CSP (super excited about that) and the Apple Card.

For the first time in my life, my scores have broken and exceeded 700! I'm working toward 755. Five is my favorite number and I recognize that 750 and 850 are generally treated the same. I do hope to break 800 one day. 

Message 8 of 9
mgood
Valued Contributor

Last month I reported my first ever 800+ score. One of the 28 FICO scores was over 800.
This month TEN of the 28 are over 800.

Three of the twenty-eight scores remained the same, the other twenty-five increased.

@mgood wrote:

Looking at this another way, because I'm really bored, I averaged all 28 FICO scores for each of the last eight months. I get my 3B report around the 28th of each month, so it's after all my statements have posted for that month. I've shown an increase every single month since I've been tracking.

Monthly averages:
Nov 705
Dec 709
Jan 726
Feb 741
Mar 748
Apr 753
May 754
Jun 760

And the average of all 28 went up to 778.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.