Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2015 Check-In Thread

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Re: June 2015 Check-In Thread

I don't seem to be seeing any real improvement in my scores even though I have dropped my overall utilization to 26.5% from 49% and balances from $56k to$36k on revolving accounts. Funny thing is the original projected simulated score by I think Experian back in January said with starting score 671 and paying $2k monthly for 24 months to drop $56k balance by $20k would increase my score to 820. I've done that in 6 months and only have a 5 point increase. EQ and TU are constantly bouncing up and down with the slightest balance change, up or down. I have gotten some surprise ClIs, and I did accept a pre-approved offer for a Chase IHG card for the bonus plus I needed the hotel stay at the time. I am at a loss as to what will bring my scores up.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see report is getting cleaner and my scores are rising.  It's hard work that needs daily, weekly, monthly tending but I'm in this for the long haul and I see the fruits of my labor.  It's a roller coaster ride from time to time when your scores are up and down for the slightest (and often times weirdest things) but overall knowing that I'm finally taking charge and owning up to my mistakes and mishaps is great.  My original score is from Mint.com which won't update until July - so my current scores are from MyFico. 

The advice and support received from this website is amazing and so helpful.  Thank you!!!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy summer everyone!

It's been a few months, but I've been relatively inactive on my credit journey - which is probably a good thing. Since March, I've added no new inquiries and I am letting my new lines of credit age. My score took a little dip in April once the new accounts were established, but they've stabilized again and are realtively the same as they were before acquiring new accounts:

April:  EQ 645 / TU 625 / EX 669

Jun EQ 656 / TU 634 / EX 675

Since we're at the halfway point of the year already, I'm going to guess that I probably will not hit my goal number.. I just don't think that big of a jump is possible in the next 6 months. However, 2 of the 3 collections I have remaining on my report will qualify for early exclusion at the end of the year, so maybe we can get a boost start in 2016 Smiley Happy.

Right now, the score doesn't matter as much as the fact that I've done some major work in cleaning up my credit, managed to acquire a new car and gain a couple prime credit cards. Most importantly is the fact that I've taken control of my credit and have better knowledge to prevent myself from making the same mistakes again. This site has been an immense help for that. I have gotten answers on every aspect good and bad about my credit power.

To everyone who has been there with me through this half-year journey, please accept a giant love-filled THANK YOU. To anyone fairly new, in a slump or feeling lost, you can ABSOLUTELY do it!! The forums are a wealth of knowledge, and time really does heal all wounds.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Just checking in for June.  I'm still in the garden just hoping my score could just creep over 800 but they are not budging.  I'm pretty confident my scores will jump over 800 once my late payment from 6 years ago finally clears off in Feb 2016 but would feel great before then.  I'll be shopping to refinance my home in August - just hope the interest rates don't increase.  I would do it sooner but since I'm renting out my home and my tenants won't be moved out until August 1st.  Until then, just continue to be patient.

Message 14 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

Checking in

Current scores are:

Equifax - 599

TU - 558

Experian - 578

I don't understand why the huge difference in numbers.

Anyway, I went ahead and caught up on an account that was majorly overdue and plan on bringing another account up to date this weekend, so now I will have no cards not up to date. 

I took a hit last month. My payment for my Barclays card didn't go through as it should have so they smacked me with a $400 APR hit. I called them up and said I had the payment planned and everything so I wouldn't get charged the interest for a purchase I made last year. The rep on the phone helped me out and took the charge off and I paid the 380 that was left of the promotional purchase. 

I have 5 goodwill letters out as well and will continue to send them out every 3 weeks or so. 

Rebuilding for a mortgage next year. 

I make enough money, it's the credit that is holding me back in obtaining a house.

My wife and I sat down last month and we are going to put 1k or more aside a month for a downpayment on a house. We have enough money left over after EVERYTHING is paid (between 2-3k left over a month). So it's 1k a month aside for the down payment and the rest will be used to either pay things off, or whatever. 

I have not used a single credit card in a very long time and I don't plan on it any time soon.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am so new here that this is my first post. Woot!!. Well I have let go of my credit and have spent the last 10 years paying cash for pretty much everything. In January the spousal unit needed a new car. so we went to the dealership and she picked one out. Long story short I got the wonderful joy of being approved with a whopping 12.9% interest rate. The finance manager showed me my credit and I could not believe how bad it was. 579 avg. 

So I decided we would start cleaning it up. I did a search and found this site and started devouring info as much as I could. I still dont understand the term "Gardening" or "Hit the Love Button" so if you know please explain it.

I did not have any credit cards at all. So I started working my credit and since January I have gotten 10 successful PFD's off my bureau and am down to 6 collections left. All medical. We are focusing on paying everything on time and I have applied for and been approve for 3 capitol one cards with a CL of $300., $300. and $500. I was pretty stoked about that.

I set them up on a spreadsheet and have the 6 month dates in there to remind me to apply for a CLI.

Well anyway. I am not much for talking so I will check in again next month.

Message 16 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

Well I woke up to an email about a change on one of my balances and my score updated a little

This was my previous post:

Equifax - 599

TU - 558

Experian - 578

This is what I woke up to this morning:

Equifax - 599

TU - 558

Experian - 596

Come on TU, GET UP THERE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come on TU, GET UP THERE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

I say the same thing every month and it just won't budge.Earlier this spring, I hit 700 on EX and was still at 625 on TU. Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

Aw Smiley Sad 

That's such a difference. I always think that the information from one credit score to the next isn't the same. 

I've learned to accept this fact. As long as they don't go down I am happy. I'm doing all the right things and I will not let myself get like this again.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is the one that's totally ridiculous, and unfortunately, a lot of creditors use them! We have these credit bureaus monitoring our credit to provide potential lenders with accurate financial background information. Someone needs to be monitoring them to ensure that they are reporting accurate and up-to-date financial information in a timely fashion.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.