Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2015 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2015 Check-In Thread

I am just starting out. I had a BK in 2005 which should fall off this year. I have since had a forclosure and several judgements and collections on my reports. I have also paid Lexington law to help me have inaccuracies removed from my report.  Some items are being deleted however the process is very legnthy. I just got an unsecured card from First Premier which helped to increase EQ and EF 30 points. If anyone has any other suggestions or tips please let me know. 

Message 21 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

Sorry, I need to post once more for this month.

Just caught up on my last bill. No more cards of mine are delinquent and I am in amazing shape to make payments on time, EVERY time. 

I feel good, very good, and I'm glad that I found this website. Everyone here has helped me understand a heck of a lot more than what I did before coming here. 

<3 you all

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

This is confusing a little. I noticed that I had a collection reported so I called and it ended up being a mistake on the doctors office side (they used an address I haven't lived at for 7 years to send my bill to) 

i took a 7 point hit and put in a dispute at the doctors office to have it removed. 

They emailed me saying it was removed and I noticed my credit alert then said (a new collection has been added to your account) and it added 5 points. 

Two things confuse me. 

Why would it say that another collection was added instead of removed? 

Why did they drop my score by 7 and only give me 5 back. That's a little asinine. Should I dispute it on the credit company end?

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning up files  in the credit bureaus is labor intensive work.  Phone calls, letters, more letters. Some things taken care of right away. Others frustratingly stuck on my report even though they should not be there. One report clean as a whistle, Thank you TransUnion. I still have two items that should have been dropped on Equifax and one on Experian. Also, Experian dropped a file that had a 30 day late which is accurate. Then they added a statement that I have a 60 day late old account, which I do not. I wrote and asked for the file they were referencing, but I have not heard back from them yet. 

Seven years ago last May I filed for Chapter 13. It was a tough five years of payoff, but now it's done. At the seven year mark the bankruptcy fell from all the bureau records. I applied for several credit cards which I needed to round out my portfolio. I am done apping now. I also applied for a Home Equity Line of Credit so that I can do some home repairs and remodeling. I will be signing those papers soon. Now to wait out those items on my reports to fall off. 

I found this forum accidently and it has guided me in so many ways on this journey. I am grateful to all posters as I have learned so much.

Message 24 of 34
ndmdl3
Established Member

June...well u was doing well but my car payment us late which resulted in a 35 point drop in my score with TU and the others dropped as well. I have a hefty car payment which makes it difficult on the finances but I have a plan to get that bad boy caught up to date and stay there. I am concentrating on paying off all these collections on my report but I have found that equifax is very slow in increasing my score. My goal right now is a 660 for all three. I think I can make that in a few months. I just have to stick with it.

Starting Score: 505
Current Score: 525
Goal Score: 650

Message 25 of 34
jasiono
Established Member

I could just kick myself in the rear end. 

I've been doing a lot of reading and my BIGGEST mistake was closing a lot of my cards, including Discover IT, which requires great credit. 

Now I'm in sort of a small bind in which my credit utilization is fairly high, but if it wasn't for the fact that I closed all these accounts down I would have the optimal utilization.

Now, a question:

Do I attempt to open some of the cards back up or just leave it be since I plan on purchasing a home next year?

I have a feeling the plan to get credit line increases will hurt me enough to not have the score needed to purchase.

Message 26 of 34
Oorah
New Contributor

I have been forever stuck (3 months) at 701.

Utilization is down to 24%

No late payments at all

One new card

Credit limits raised on three cards without me asking the lender to do it

Apparently, credit bureau's do not like that I owe $7500 on my car, they say the balance is still too high, even though I am two payments ahead

They also dont like that I don't have a mortgage, although I own my house.

My best guess is that I will not get a higher score until my utilization is down to 20% or below.

I won't take out a mortgage to bump my score, thats for sure.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stepped out for a bit.  I'm back.  Please put guards on me in here!  I always sneak out!  I guess even though it's a sp, it's still getting another card?  Smiley Sad  I have to stay here.  No more reading approval posts!  

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oorah wrote:

I have been forever stuck (3 months) at 701.

Utilization is down to 24%

No late payments at all

One new card

Credit limits raised on three cards without me asking the lender to do it

Apparently, credit bureau's do not like that I owe $7500 on my car, they say the balance is still too high, even though I am two payments ahead

They also dont like that I don't have a mortgage, although I own my house.

My best guess is that I will not get a higher score until my utilization is down to 20% or below.

I won't take out a mortgage to bump my score, thats for sure.

Get your UT at 9% or below and you will see an improvement.  Smiley Very Happy  Even between 9 & 1, there's about 7 points to be had.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasiono wrote:

I could just kick myself in the rear end. 

I've been doing a lot of reading and my BIGGEST mistake was closing a lot of my cards, including Discover IT, which requires great credit. 

Now I'm in sort of a small bind in which my credit utilization is fairly high, but if it wasn't for the fact that I closed all these accounts down I would have the optimal utilization.

Now, a question:

Do I attempt to open some of the cards back up or just leave it be since I plan on purchasing a home next year?

I have a feeling the plan to get credit line increases will hurt me enough to not have the score needed to purchase.

I would wait for your score to go up a bit more, then app for some cc's.  Always be very careful when closing accounts.  Especially the older ones that keep your AAOA higher.  The higher your score, the less your interest rate will be when purchasing your new home.  More doors will open.  

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.