Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2019 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June 2019 Check-In Thread

A little update: called SallieMae to make sure they received my letter. They confirmed that they received it on the 10th and that they will be in touch within the next 30 days. I was hoping to get this resolved before July but hey - beggars can't be choosers! Now to call CapitalOne after work and see if they received my letter...I might even do it before 5pm. Fingers crossed!

Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm stating in the garden for a bit. I'm in between jobs and just financed a car for a job I was suppose to start and haven't yet. Maxed out a 9k credit card for a lawyer in a nasty divorce/custody battle. My discover secured card gave me my deposit back (600) and raised my CL to 1500 af ge r just 7 months. My Avent also went from 750 to 1000 after 7 months. I have way too many hard inquires but once they fall off at the end of this year for some things I did in 2017 i think il lm be good. I need to stay in the garden for AT LEAST a year if not 2. Other than that, I need to just practice self control and not apply for things since I'm probably gonna just get denied. I already have 32 hard inquires (26 from 2017 Car shopping) 3 from last year and 3 from this year.
Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowly but steadily our scores are climbing. I had a few unexpected expenses and it dropped my score a little but I will get that paid back quick. I had inquiries drop off and paid off some personal loans. I have the plan...I'm following the plan and I'm seeing results! We got our construction loan and it actually raised our scores. If I could get another credit card it would increase more in a month or so but we still have to close on the house so I'm not doing anything but paying off bills!
Message 23 of 40
calyx
Super Contributor

This month is nothing special, I should be gardening for a good little while, next month should be more interesting.

Welp, I failed there.  I got the Chase Freedom, which was going to be my next app in the fall.
I guess I'm gardening for reals now, because I don't want Chase to get nervous about me.

I sent a goodwill request to two derogatory account holders after my terrible experience with EX.  I realized they likely wouldn't change anything, but hooray!  I ended up with one of them agreeing to delete the accounts they held.  No word on the other, but I'm fine with waiting.  I was just so mad I wanted to do something (that wouldn't harm anything).

New goal:  gardening for the rest of the year.   I feel like this is doable, at least Smiley Wink 

For the rest of the year:
July:   Nothing - waiting to see if/when/how the Chase and AMEX post
August:  Oldest accounts hit 1 year (I don't expect anything from this scoring wise, but I'm proud)
September:  Clean reports (in theory), requesting USBank secured to graduate, AOYA = 3M
October:  PC Disco Chrome to the 5% Cash Back
November:  INQs from my Aug-Oct spree will have fallen off:  EQ 2/12 (from 6/12); EX 3/12 (from 5/12); next INQ is Feb
December:  Pay extra towards my student loan if necessary (goal = 10k paydown in 2019), AOYA = 6M

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 24 of 40
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@calyx wrote:
This month is nothing special, I should be gardening for a good little while, next month should be more interesting.

Welp, I failed there.  I got the Chase Freedom, which was going to be my next app in the fall.
I guess I'm gardening for reals now, because I don't want Chase to get nervous about me.

Yeah, I'm gardening too....scared of the AA Boogie Man.  I'll be sitting right here behind the scare crow if ya wanna join meSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 40
calyx
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Yeah, I'm gardening too....scared of the AA Boogie Man.  I'll be sitting right here behind the scare crow if ya wanna join meSmiley Tongue

smiley-laughing021.gif
Belly crawling to get water, definitely not letting that charge post on a non-chase card.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late check-in here. The end of May into early June have been crazy. It has thrown off my Util % due to unforseen (additional) graduation and wedding gatherings/travel expenses. I am already in the garden (a month now, woohoo) and I will remain there, as i pay down cards and grow my scores. Slow and steady I go! Here's to a calmer next few months...I need some rest now. HA! 

On the credit side, I did manage to get a small $400 cli on my Kohl's card! Hey, I'll take it! Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 40
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

June has been absolutely magical for me.

Firstly, all of my 2018 inquiries are 1 year old thus unscorable. Due to my scores fluctuating so much, I couldn't quantify any point gains from that. I'm just glad they've aged. I plan to garden more than app, so I should never have more than one scorable inquiry on my report at any given time.

Secondly, I finally reached the 1 year mark on all levels (AOOA, AAOA, and AOYA) and saw a 9 point gain for breaking that age threshold. This puts me halfway through my 2 year gardening goal.

In saving the best for last, my 2012 foreclosure finally dropped off of my EX report this morning. Yesterday my EX 8 was 680, this morning it jumped up to 747. 

MyFICO-EX_Score_Increase.jpg

My next big month should be August when the same foreclosure drops off of EQ... if Equifax adheres to their 1 month EE policy. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 28 of 40
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Latest F8 Score rolled in at 781.   I'm creeping up to the goal.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 40
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Mini update. Combed through my CRs again and realized that all of my delinquencies should fall off no later than June 2020 (not October 2020), which means I should get beaucoup points by next June:

- Clean 7 year history (last delinquencies falling off in April, May and June).

- AoYA > 1 yr (in May).

- No scoreable inquiries (in May).

I'm anticipating at least 50 points by June, which would raise my scores close to 800, if not over. I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic, because it's still 12 months away and lots can happen between now and then.

Last, I put together a strategy for my next few cards, targeting another year of cash back before shifting to travel rewards in 2021. I'd like to PC two cards rather than apply de novo to preserve my age of accounts as much as possible while still applying for four cards in two years.

Time moves slowly when you've got a goal in mind. Garden on, friends.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.