Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2018 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: March 2018 Check In Thread

Additional March Update:  I did a thing...

I have a short, but otherwise excellent credit history, however I have been sitting on four accounts opened in the past 9 months, and knew I had only one shot at applying for a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, or I would have to wait well over a year to apply due to the 5/24 rule.

I was also concerned about losing points on my credit score due to a hard pull, and then not being approved.  

Today, I got brave and applied for the Sapphire card, and was instantly approved with a $5,000. limit.  A low limit, I know, but I'll take it.

Hooray!  I owe it to all the support and good information I've received in these forums.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the kind words, Bella!!!

Message 12 of 38
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

A month has past and I would say, “I’ve made SOME progress from February’s hard work...?”

I DV’d about 4 baddies and received one validation. One ‘return to sender’ 😞(which I’ve figured out their CORRECT address) One deletion(temporarily until validated) which I hope they can’t. One still waiting on.

I did PIF my ONLY credit card(which was a CO) where my UTL was 45% and is now 0%. Thought I would have received a slight increase but, no...they dropped across the board. That’s ok. I expected as much, due to, the other baddies weighing them down. I also have no new positive TL’s reporting.

I will have to app for the OpenSky(for now) to establish a positive TL to help with my scores and show responsible behavior. Maybe establish a Self-Lender? One way or another, I NEED some positive accounts reporting!! So, in April, I plan to do just that.

My scores in my siggy show just how bad things had gotten from a layoff and a shattered fibula bone and what eight months can do to your credit. I was in the mid 600’s, doing well but, tragedy struck and I’m having to rebuild.

Although, it hurts, I know I can climb out of it. MyFICO forum with the GREAT ADVICE and PEOPLE here, I keep coming back EVERYDAY with new hope and new encouragement from everyone’s accomplishments and stories they tell.

Thanks, EVERYONE!👍😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 8 EQ: 622
Fico 8 TU: 645
Fico 8 EX: 626

Short term goal: Fico 700+
Long term goal: Fico 800+

Got approved for:
Macy’s (300)
Discover (800)
Carecredit (5000)
Walmart (200)

Already have:
Cap One (4100)
Carson’s (700)

Denied for:
Cost Co Anywhere
PenFed
Citi
Chase
A few others!

Utilization at 10%
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what it is about the Discover Card but it seems that since I've added it to my credit portfolio there was a big boost in my score on average of 20pts. I'm excited in my progress and can't to see where this road will lead. I have some major goals. I've come a long way in actually just a few short months.
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just starting this Journey (Current scores in Sig).

I think the biggest hit to my current credit is when i had to close two cards with balances (during a divorce in 2011). I would suspend the card/report it lost/stolen, and the now ex-wife new my info and would call and get another card, cycle repeated for several months. I finally got aggravated and told them they could close them because they kept letting someone else restore charging priveledges. 

So i have 100% utilization.

Synchrony Lowes 3700/0

Ge Capital Sears 1480/0

Barclay 0/2650

My Goal is to pay the 2 cards of rather quickly 3-4 months so that when the other negatives fall off i should be ok and then start paying the local credit union down.

The only other tradelines i have open

Nationstar Mortagage. 147k @ 4% (approx 70k Equity)

Ally Financial 20k @ 5.99 Auto

Student Loans 84k

Credit Union 25k @ 8.74 Boat

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, sfgeoff! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018wrote:
A month has past and I would say, “I’ve made SOME progress from February’s hard work...?”

I DV’d about 4 baddies and received one validation. One ‘return to sender’ 😞(which I’ve figured out their CORRECT address) One deletion(temporarily until validated) which I hope they can’t. One still waiting on.

I did PIF my ONLY credit card(which was a CO) where my UTL was 45% and is now 0%. Thought I would have received a slight increase but, no...they dropped across the board. That’s ok. I expected as much, due to, the other baddies weighing them down. I also have no new positive TL’s reporting.

I will have to app for the OpenSky(for now) to establish a positive TL to help with my scores and show responsible behavior. Maybe establish a Self-Lender? One way or another, I NEED some positive accounts reporting!! So, in April, I plan to do just that.

My scores in my siggy show just how bad things had gotten from a layoff and a shattered fibula bone and what eight months can do to your credit. I was in the mid 600’s, doing well but, tragedy struck and I’m having to rebuild.

Although, it hurts, I know I can climb out of it. MyFICO forum with the GREAT ADVICE and PEOPLE here, I keep coming back EVERYDAY with new hope and new encouragement from everyone’s accomplishments and stories they tell.

Thanks, EVERYONE!👍😊

Hi Brooklyn, It sounds like you're making progress. I'm sorry about your layoff and shattered fibula. Hope you've recovered! I've read the CRAs don't like to see 0 balances on all your cards. I think having three is the rule for credit scoring and only letting a balance post on one out of three each month. And it's definitely important to have an installment loan. Glad to see you here! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Fico 8 EQ: 622
Fico 8 TU: 645
Fico 8 EX: 626

Short term goal: Fico 700+
Long term goal: Fico 800+

Got approved for:
Macy’s (300)
Discover (800)
Carecredit (5000)
Walmart (200)

Already have:
Cap One (4100)
Carson’s (700)

Denied for:
Cost Co Anywhere
PenFed
Citi
Chase
A few others!

Utilization at 10%

Hi DFC1, I just got denied for a PenFed card too. They're pretty tough, as are Citi and Chase. Costco is Citi too, right? I'm on a roll of being denied, which just means I need to keep building positive history and letting the cards I have age. Your utilization is pretty good, though, so that shouldn't be hurting you. Have you checked out the Garden Thread on here under Credit Cards? I haven't been on in a few days, so I don't know if you've posted over there. It's good for getting yourself in a better position to improve scores and eventually get those higher tier cards. That's what I'm working on. Good luck in the future! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I don't know what it is about the Discover Card but it seems that since I've added it to my credit portfolio there was a big boost in my score on average of 20pts. I'm excited in my progress and can't to see where this road will lead. I have some major goals. I've come a long way in actually just a few short months.

Wow, Zeph, that is a nice jump! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.