Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2019 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: March 2019 Check-In Thread

Small to some, but got my first card with over a 30k limit.  I was pleasantly surprised .  Goals are proceeding slowly but surely. 😊

Message 11 of 28
fancycreditdreams
Established Member

made some extra payments and my scores jumped 25-30 points!!!! Pleasant surprised. Going to keep staying the course and hopefully see it rise again,,,

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

February was a decent month. Raised morgage scores by about 30pts. Raised FICO 8 scores by about 20pts. 

March:

1) Continue to pay off CCs to get Total Uti to >8.99% and all cards reporting 0 except 1. My report date for two cards that are not going to be paid to $0 is the 20th of March. I want to have those both at 30% uti. I paid $900 in CC balances down this week and will be paying down another $900 next week. The final $900 is between the last two cards. I expect to be able to pay $600 of that off before statement close date. This means for April reporting everything should look much much nicer. 

2) See a new LO in April. 

3) After credit card balances report I will see where I am with our 1 join collection. After we meet with a LO I will see if that has to be paid or if we can skeet by without paying it. I don't agree with the balance and the CA is just awful. 

4) Get a new collection that reported on me removed with GW letters. (Got it removed from EX and my mortgage score went up 82 pts from it- believe this is the biggest reason my mortgage scores are so low- reason 2- high UTI) Between paying down UTI and the collection coming off my EX report my EX score went up a total of 114pts in February. This gave me all the motivation I needed to get this collection gone from EQ and TU as well.  I got a creditkarma notification today that this collection was removed from TU and EQ. Which is awesome since it was "updated and verified" when i disputed it 2 weeks ago. For some reason it got removed. No idea why. Not sure what to do about it but I am happy. 

5) I am trying to get closed $0 balance charge offs/collections removed from EQ and TU that are not reporting on EX. I have 5 on EQ- 4 on TU- 2 on EX.  I got a notification from creditkarma today as well that two of my $0 balance accounts were removed. One from EQ and a different one from TU. 

I am waiting for MyFICO to update with these so I can see the actual impact on my credit score. Creditkarma usually is wrong with the score impact. Getting 2 collections on each (TU and EQ) removed should have a bigger impact than 1-3 pts. When I look at the report from creditkarma it still shows the derogatory account still listed that was supposed to have been removed according to my alert. Will have to wait and see for verification. 

MyFICO updated. Confirmed two collections were removed. One I disputed on EQ for incorrect balance. They claimed they mistakingly closed my account and that I actually owed $1400 when I called them about it. I didn't agree. Never called them back about payments. It come off two days ago. Not sure the reason. Hoping it doesnt show back up. Maybe they realized their transaction history told a different story than they were saying. The second collection was a new one from AT&T. I disputed it with the CRAs that it was not recognized it since I had no idea it had been sent to collections. I had been in contact with AT&T and they never told me it was. I got a letter from DCI with a copy of a bill a couple days ago but again this came off all reports without warning. Thinking I'll pay AT&T and hope it doesnt show back up. 

All I have left now is a rental collection I dont agree with the balance so not sure what to do about that one. Still thinking on it, and two medical collections for less than $150 that were paid last year. I have GW letters to 10 different addresses and 4 different executives ready to send out. I also have a closed charge off from World Finance from 2012 that CRAs wont EE. It doesnt fall off until 1/2020. I have a couple GW letters set to go out as well for them. I have a closed charge off from Instaloan that i honestly dont remember defaulting on. It says it was defaulted and paid in the same year. It doesnt have a default date or paid date. It just says the loan was from 6/2015-7/2015 and listed as a paid charge off. 

UTI is going from 54% to 24% based on current payments this week. Still considering what I am going to pay on two that have closing statements on the 11th and 14th. Payments this week put 6 accounts to 0% and 4 accounts at 40%. I expect to see a nice gain from that. 

Mortgage TU and EQ went up 22 and 36 pts respectively. Experian already had a CA come off so in the last 30 days with 2 CAs coming off my score went up 118 pts. TU and EQ went up 23 and 72 pts respectively. (New FICO 8 and middle mortgage scores in siggy)

Very pleased so far. KFX for continued progress. We shall see how the GW letters go and the impact of lowered UTI. 

Message 13 of 28
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

I totally forgot about the Check--in threads here, and posted this status over in the Garden thread.

This is the month where I start reaching anniversaries. Between now and June, accounts/inquiries will begin reaching the 1 year mark. 

My AOOA has already hit 12 months, and two Experian inquiries will become unscorable later this month. I'm waiting to see what points I gain from that. 

These are my gains since last month. Not much but I'll take it. 

EQ: 698 --> 701

EX: 681 --> 693

TU: 735 --> 737

My Experian score is still lagging behind the others, so I'm just an honorary member of the 700 Club for another month or two. That derogatory of mine is holding me back until June.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 14 of 28
excop01
Regular Contributor

Well let me start by saying Happy New year to everyone. I havent posted in few months. i have been just sitting back and seeing how this thing works with all the advice i have taken here on my fico. so let start with.

December my scores dropped pretty low. These freaking people with the medical collection updated on my transunion and equfx. But i continued doing what i was taught here, which is continue paying your notes on time every month without fail. 

So january. my scores recovered pretty nicely, but still not totally where i wanted then.  eqfx was 635 trans, 627 and exp 645. I continued to pay things on time, but i felt like i needed to add some more credit to my accts. So i applied and got approved for ollo card after months of getting preapproved offers. I took a little hit for that a few points, but after 3 months it matured and got me back up to where i was. But the exp started ticking up even more that tr and efx.  exp had jumped to 655. I must tell ya i was overjoyed just to see at least one my score getting close to the sweet spot. 

I have a car, that i call my bad credit car, which had a apr of 28 %. I knew it was crazy when i signed for it. but i needed a car really bad at the time and i think my score was like in the low low 500s when i got the car. So i was getting close to paying on it for years str8 with0ut missing a payment. It was crazy and it was a lot of money every month, i made it work. 

so anyway i was thinking about getting a new car, cause my scores where starting to show some light. so i started researching the type of car i wanted. yet still a little afraid of applying for a car, hell i was scared to even apply for a new cc. but i got up the nerve and applied for the avant card of course because i was gettin preapproved offers, and i was approved. So i was truly feeling myself after that. That when i just decide to appy with cap 1 navigator and was pre approved. Man i was so excited. I started looking for cars right away. 

so i researched about a month, well until the  offer went away. lolol im not sure what happen but something happen to one of my credit reports that made them tell me i wasnt preapprved anymore.

But anyway i decided not to let that stop me  now i was on a roll. so i went to my dealership i bought my last car from, they pulled my cr 

and man i cant blieve it was like 671. I was like what???!!!!.. I mean i knew it had improved, but not by that much. Oh they were eager to help me get into a car on the spot.

so i told the salesman what car i was looking at and interested in. I told them my other car was about 4 k upside down. but i wasnt putting down more than 1500 dollars period,and i dont want to pay more than 500 dollars a month. So they got all the paperwork together and went and started trying to get approvals. Ohhhh i told them i didnt want more than 4 inquiries pulled. I was suprised they agreed to that. Anyway, they got an approval right off. but the interest was 16.6 apr. Which i thought was high. but hell it wasnt higher than that 28 i was already paying. so i agreed to take that deal. 

so i go to the finance office to do the final paperwork. I was totally surprised when we got to the loan, the fi officer had called to one of his friends and got my car financed through a credit union instead of toyota. and i was totally upside down about 5 k instead.

so they put that on the back end no doubt. of course i knew they would. But the deal was the interest rate was 9.24 percent as oppose to the 16.6. Now i know that im paying more for the car, but i was just glad to get out of that interest rate and the car for that matter. I know that i could have refinanced the car and got a hell good deal with that score. but i wanted a new car anyway. 

So i guess the important part of this was  when i checked my exp fico 8 score it was 680, and tran was  638 and efx was 640 I was like **bleep** finally its starting to some some positive all the way around. 

I have no ideal how this is going to read. cause i know i didnt follow any grammar rules in this story. I aint gone lie. its late, im high, and im just rattling on. But i hope u get the jist of all this. I know all those numbers going to drop once the new card hits and the new car too. lolo wow. but know that by june i should be lookin really good again, Im  hoping one is in the 700 range i hope

I have a few baddies... medical bills. But the late payment fell off and a crap load of inquiries. 

I still have the company who shall not be named working on my report still. They have done a really great job with handling my acct.  Ok im starting to get sleepy now. so i better close out before i really start screwing up the grammar here. lolololol. thanks of you understanding.  

and MY FICO COMMUNITY THANK YOU FOR ALLLLLLLL YOU ADVICE. i read every night. some think can get a little complex but if u follow it it usually works for me. ok enough before i fall face first on this desk.  

Good night all and i hope you lolol understand this. Im sure tomorrow when i read this again its going to be crazy as hell.  gonight

Message 15 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@excop01 wrote:

Good night all and i hope you lolol understand this. Im sure tomorrow when i read this again its going to be crazy as hell.  gonight

Lol, sweet!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whew! I made it! 😁

My scores are slowly moving up. I added more cards last month and am now up to 5. I don't intend on obtaining anymore.
I currently have:
FedEx Credit Union Secured (hate it)

Discover It Secured (love it)

NFCU

Quicksilver One (meh)

DCU Platinum (meh)

I plan to get rid of FedEx in a year. I would eventually like an Amex but am okay for now.

I was just approved for the Discover it card but I haven't received it yet. I'm curious what you love about it?

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@excop01 wrote:

Anyway, they got an approval right off. but the interest was 16.6 apr. Which i thought was high. but hell it wasnt higher than that 28 i was already paying. so i agreed to take that deal. 

so i go to the finance office to do the final paperwork. I was totally surprised when we got to the loan, the fi officer had called to one of his friends and got my car financed through a credit union instead of toyota. and i was totally upside down about 5 k instead.

so they put that on the back end no doubt. of course i knew they would. But the deal was the interest rate was 9.24 percent as oppose to the 16.6. Now i know that im paying more for the car, but i was just glad to get out of that interest rate and the car for that matter. I know that i could have refinanced the car and got a hell good deal with that score. but i wanted a new car anyway. 

I'm working towards getting a new (used) car also. Saving up a decent down payment and waiting for my score to increase. HopefullyI can get it up to 740-760 by the time I'm ready to purchase. I'm glad to hear you got rid of that terrible loan. There is a great thread I just read on here about how to buy a new car. So much great info here!

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores haven't changed much recently. For awhile there, I was getting alerts almost daily but now I'm getting changes, maybe, every 10 days.

I'm up to 5 cards, 5 more than ever. I'm down to one baddie on each bureau (fighting them as they are not valid).
My student loan shows 100% on-time payment activity.

I've eve started a little savings cushion.
I think time is what I needed at this point.
My only regret is the card choices I've made. I should have thought more long-term because I know that I'll have to close a couple and app for ones that suit me better.
Message 19 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My only regret is the card choices I've made.

Yeah, I wish I had read these forums first.  Good luck with everything

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.