Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2019 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: March 2019 Check-In Thread

March check in. I'm focusing on establishing new lines of credit and good payment history and since I started just 4 weeks ago my score has been steadily improving. Staying the course!

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to this Forum, just set up my Challenge.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 2 medical collections removed. Should update in 30 to 60 days based on letter from OC. I used a HIPAA letter to the OC for a paid collection. There was 2 on EQ and 1 on TU. They weren't on EX. Should help with score improvement. That leaves 2 closed, paid charge offs to get removed. One is due to fall off 1/20 so I doubt it will go anywhere. I also have 1 unpaid collection to deal with. Making gains.
Message 23 of 28
calyx
Super Contributor

Welp, something reported unexpectedly on Equifax and tanked my scores by 30+ points.   I "fixed" the issue, but I won't get correct reporting until April with the account in question, so I just have to stare at the ugly score until then (I'm not going to ask for off cycle reporting).

My car died, so I bought a new one.  The good news is that I got a really good rate!  The bad news is that it was 0.10% higher than their promo rate.  They pulled that stupid Equifax report.  So my DTI was a little odd, but I could explain everything the LO & UW saw, so they were pretty content.  I'm loving the new car, and I'm REALLY glad I started cleaning up my credit last year.    The whole reason was so that I could purchase a new car in 2020.   So... I had to finance more than I was planning, but that's ok.  Because by the time I would have been prepared for a new car, I will have paid down the balances anyway.

The new accounts are going to wreck my AAoA, but nothing can be done about that now.

And I sent a letter to EX hoping for an early-early-exclusion, but they're taking their time, and it turns out I could have just waited until April to ask for one within their usual time anyway.  Oh well.  Still, April should be a big month!  I'm hoping *nothing* else happens in March!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is the discover IT secured card treating you? I just added $1k and opened a new account. Will they eventually graduate you to unsecured?

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This month has been a flatline. Almost no movement on my files.
I have one collection on each bureau. The collection on Equifax is being handled by an attorney because they've been impossible to deal with. Long story.

The other collection account is on both TU and EX. This is a frustrating account because it's from Verizon and the amount is off. It was sent to an agency called EOS CCA. They sent a settlement letter offering 38%. I disputed multiple times to no avail.
I finally called EOS today. I spoke to a manager. He offered 50% and PFD. I took the offer and paid today. I was told it could take up to 30 days. We'll see...

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am working on my husbands credit too. His mortgage Experian was a 621 at the beginning of this month. A charge off we paid reported settled and 0 balance. His score went to a 651! Yay now hes even with me.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection that I PIF'd must have posted overnight. My EX score has gone up 56 points and the tradeline is gone. I was told that the CA posted things on Friday but that it could take up to 30 days. Nope. It's been less than a week.
So, now I have some decent scores to move with. I just got laid off and will be moving, hopefully, in June. Higher scores mean lower security deposits in most places. Yay!
Only one derogatory, which is on EQ. I have an attorney handling it and he said it could be a while. Hopefully by Summer everything will be clean and sparkly.
Right now, the worst thing that I have, other than the baddie on EX, are 5 inquiries from the past 2 years and an AAoA that still has a new baby smell. I'm hoping to increase credit lines on all cards during the next 6 months, get rid of one or two slow growers and at worst, app for an Amex. Then I'm done.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.