Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: March 2020 Check-In Thread

Late Check in for Me!

Going to try to get all 3B FICO 8 scores to 800 by March 11th 2021. current range 750-780 depending on which bureau.

EQ = will be the hard one Smiley Indifferent

Wishing all great success on meeting their goalsSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Late Check in for Me!

Going to try to get all 3B FICO 8 scores to 800 by March 11th 2021. current range 750-780 depending on which bureau.

A most nobel goal! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Late Check in for Me!

A most nobel goal! Smiley Happy

Thank you @Anonymous , I have sure missed you!  .. Take careSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Welp! Something, something, best laid plans, something, something.

The kick-off post in these monthly threads asks if we have hit any speedbumps or potholes.  Those feel like woefully inadequate metaphors for the global crisis unfolding this month.  I do not share the optimism expressed by some posters here about coronavirus and its consequences.  I expect things to get much worse on many fronts -- including public health, geopolitics, and of course the economy -- in the near future, and to take longer than a few weeks or months to normalize.  

Faced with such a dramatically different set of facts than when I started this Fitness Challenge, I think it is wise to reassess what my goals should be.  FICO scores are pretty low on the list of things that matter to me right now.  My new goals for 2020 are to keep my family and myself healthy, do our part to limit the spread of coronavirus, and position my family to endure a major economic recession.  (With apologies for giving unsolicited advice in a thread that's not devoted to that purpose, I think these should be everyone's goals right now.)

As I see it, that last one entails building up cash reserves, and creating as many different options as possible for help in the event of a hit to my family's health or income.  I rent my home, and I have already opened a dialogue with my landlord about what might happen if things get rough for my family.  MF has taught me that CUs are much more reliable allies than conventional banks and card issuers when times get tough, so I will be joining more CUs.  I don't feel great about this, but I think I'm willing to let my CC balances drift up for the sake of holding onto cash.  Obviously I will try to do this on my lowest-APR cards, so as to minimize the interest I pay.  I know it is borderline blasphemy to post here that one's plan is to increase utilization, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I'm still wrestling with this, and one alternative I'm considering is to just hold my Util steady.

Good luck everyone.  Please stay healthy and safe and take seriously the idea that we are all in this together.

Message 14 of 18
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Welp! Something, something, best laid plans, something, something.

The kick-off post in these monthly threads asks if we have hit any speedbumps or potholes.  Those feel like woefully inadequate metaphors for the global crisis unfolding this month.  I do not share the optimism expressed by some posters here about coronavirus and its consequences.  I expect things to get much worse on many fronts -- including public health, geopolitics, and of course the economy -- in the near future, and to take longer than a few weeks or months to normalize.  

Faced with such a dramatically different set of facts than when I started this Fitness Challenge, I think it is wise to reassess what my goals should be.  FICO scores are pretty low on the list of things that matter to me right now.  My new goals for 2020 are to keep my family and myself healthy, do our part to limit the spread of coronavirus, and position my family to endure a major economic recession.  (With apologies for giving unsolicited advice in a thread that's not devoted to that purpose, I think these should be everyone's goals right now.)

As I see it, that last one entails building up cash reserves, and creating as many different options as possible for help in the event of a hit to my family's health or income.  I rent my home, and I have already opened a dialogue with my landlord about what might happen if things get rough for my family.  MF has taught me that CUs are much more reliable allies than conventional banks and card issuers when times get tough, so I will be joining more CUs.  I don't feel great about this, but I think I'm willing to let my CC balances drift up for the sake of holding onto cash.  Obviously I will try to do this on my lowest-APR cards, so as to minimize the interest I pay.  I know it is borderline blasphemy to post here that one's plan is to increase utilization, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I'm still wrestling with this, and one alternative I'm considering is to just hold my Util steady.

Good luck everyone.  Please stay healthy and safe and take seriously the idea that we are all in this together.

Understand your sentiment.  But I must say it was refreshing to revisit this thread after a few months of absence and see how encouraging the beginning of the month started.  I won't lie,  as I started reading I thought, better read all to see the possible change in plans as March has progressed.

I can't recall the day the current circumstances got real REAL to me, but seeing the post on 3/11 with the 1st hint of what we all know has escalated quickly toward the latter part of the month reminds me of how quickly things change. No other posts until 3/25.

Stay positive.  Yes, some earlier game plans may need to change.  I wish you all the best in every area.  It will get better.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

First day! Just set up my signature, long time lurker and MyFICO forum searcher! We have a long rough credit history, been cleaning it up for a year now. We have two new credit cards; NFCU secured: $1000 - not reporting yet, and Capital One Platinum: $300 starting reporting yesterday! Good luck y'all!

Message 16 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous 

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 17 of 18
Nikki66972
New Contributor

March 2020 is going very well. I just PIF  3 collections with PRA [Cap One, New York & Co, Victoria's Secret). PRA just posted as paid on my credit reports over the past 2 days. I have one more PRA ($2,530 ULTA) that I need to pay. I was given a settlement offer that expired.

And I have an IC Systems collection that I need to pay for $747 (ATT Direct).

EQ 589 / TU 599 / EX 573

Discover It secured $300

Mission Lane $750

First Progress secured $350

Total $300

J Crew $450

Buckle $100

BridgeCrest car loan $25,000

Goal 670 across the board

Starting Score: 589
Current Score: 589
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

March 2020
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.