Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2023 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

March 2023 Check In Thread

unnamed.jpg

Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgement zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: March 2023 Check In Thread

My goal is to garden all year and try to get in US bank and WF, then aim for 800s. And my credit journey would be accomplished. 9 months left to pull the trigger.

Message 2 of 13
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Another month on the calendar, another month of gardening…

I'll try for a BofA CLI (SP of course) later this month. Other than that it's steady as she goes.

Message 3 of 13
ozzman469
Valued Member

Just started today, so can't really say "progress" yet. I am, however, starting to plan out my annual bonus I'm getting next week. Plan is to maximize what can be paid off/down to give me more cash to pay down what is remaining. This will give me a huge headstart towards my end goal.

Starting Score: EQ667/TU681/EX654
Current Score: EQ667/TU686/EX654
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
mgood
Valued Contributor

My scores are down in my March 1 3B pull by an average of 4.45 points over all 40 scores.

This is not unexpected. Last month was artificially inflated by a BT I did right after that card's statement cut and before the statements of the cards I was transferring the balance from, so it looked like I owed less (3%) than I really did. This month my utilization is 7%. Still down from the 11% utilization a couple months back.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 22
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 13
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Im gonna take a small hit due to some recent HP's, still waiting on Tower Federal for the 0% APR Mastercard so i can balance transfer from my CFF. I'll be asking for CLI's on my Discover and Amex CS, maybe even Chase again.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 6 of 13
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

Still in the garden. Still working on my next credit card to pay down. My paid private school loan is finally being reported so my credit took a 8 point hit but that's ok with me if it means one less bill a month. 

So far so good! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 13
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Scores are pretty much the same as last month. Had a nice jump in scores in Feb. No changes.. maybe 1-2 points. 

I've been putting offers into houses, with no luck so far. Man this market is still wild. But, hopefully will find a house by the end of the month. 

Still gardening for the next unforeseeable future. My Amex is coming up on 6 months in a few days, and my CFU is too this month. Due to new finds - I'll call in to Chase and see if I can get SP increase. Amex I was denied at 91 days, but I am hopeful for this time to get Cli. 

Main goal this month is finding a new home!! Our lease is up in May. 😅

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of March 2024: EX 661, TU 624, EQ 655
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Message 8 of 13
chelleinLV

I just started today so not really much to say.  My plan right now is working a LOT of overtime and trying to pay down my credit cards as much as possible while also putting money in savings.  I never really know how to balance that out.  Also, taxes..ugh...had to pay for the first year which is painful.  

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 653
Goal Score: 700 (to start)

Message 9 of 13
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

My Upstart loan finally reported as paid and despite also reducing my USB Altitude Go utilization by a good bit my EX still dropped 23 points and dipped below 700. Expected somewhat (no more open installment loan) but ouch. Big picture it's all good though.  Finances over FICO..

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.