Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May-15 Check in Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May-15 Check in Thread

I'm a little late on this thread but it will be nice to stay in touch with everyone over the next year.

we filed BK 7. Last year  and it was discharged in December.

I never want to go through that again. It was due to some pretty costly medical bills from my daughter getting sick.

my husband and I have not had credit cards in  about 18 years our first credit card approvals were cap1  the same week our bk was discharged.

we were so excited and have been using these cards wisely. I received credit increases on both these cards this past weekend now my $300 limit cards have moved up to $800. Not as much as a lot of People but great for me. They only raised my husbands by $100 each but could not tell him why.

monday I received $500 finger hut credit and Jarred's credit in the amount of $1500.

Tuesday I received $700 credit from Walmart, $400 credit from lowes, $1400 from Amazon store, $300 from kohls, and today was approve for $900 from Firestone.

unfortanutly I was not able to get a Barclays yet due to 97% utilization reporting on my credit report for cap1. I explained to them the balance on both of the cap 1 cards were PIF but still a no go. They also told me to give it more time so I will wait until the end of the year when my bk is a year old.

any suggestions on helping my little seedlings grow?

Message 21 of 31
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Hey guys! I don't think i checked in for April and May, but hey, better be late than never right? So to report, "Life happens" and I had to spend way more.. Because of that, my credit tanked big time.. Good news, I've been in the garden for 3 months now! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 31
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CarbonCard wrote:

Hey guys! I don't think i checked in for April and May, but hey, better be late than never right? So to report, "Life happens" and I had to spend way more.. Because of that, my credit tanked big time.. Good news, I've been in the garden for 3 months now! Smiley Happy

You're absolutely right.

Last month was a tough one on me also.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attempted to get pre-qualified for a house this month, no go based on the scores. Mine average about 585 FICO at time of pull but theirs showed up as 570. I firmly believe its due to the UTIL%, i am at $10,840 balance/  $12,750 Limit across 5 cards = 85% average UTIL%. So my plan is to attack that in order to get the fastest bump. I plan to get a USDA Mortgage by the end of this year, that leaves me about 4 months to get my credit in shape (620-640+) I have 5 cards and the first paydown pymnt just posted this morning, i went from 97% UTIL to 46% UTIL. It bumped me up 20 points on EX! My next CC doesn't usually report until 25th-27th so hopefully ill get another bump as i also just paid that one 93% to 56% UTIL.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Attempted to get pre-qualified for a house this month, no go based on the scores. Mine average about 585 FICO at time of pull but theirs showed up as 570. I firmly believe its due to the UTIL%, i am at $10,840 balance/  $12,750 Limit across 5 cards = 85% average UTIL%. So my plan is to attack that in order to get the fastest bump. I plan to get a USDA Mortgage by the end of this year, that leaves me about 4 months to get my credit in shape (620-640+) I have 5 cards and the first paydown pymnt just posted this morning, i went from 97% UTIL to 46% UTIL. It bumped me up 20 points on EX! My next CC doesn't usually report until 25th-27th so hopefully ill get another bump as i also just paid that one 93% to 56% UTIL.

You are on your way.  The lower the utilization the better.  Try to keep each card at 20% UTIL and overall UTIL < 20% as well.  Hit your highest interest rate card first so you are maximizing as much as you can against the balance.  You didn't mention if you had any baddies (late payments, judgements) when your report was pulled.  Those can take a significant hit against your score as well.  If you do, see if you can remove those thru goodwill letters.  Doesn't hurt to try.  Good Luck!

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are on your way.  The lower the utilization the better.  Try to keep each card at 20% UTIL and overall UTIL < 20% as well.  Hit your highest interest rate card first so you are maximizing as much as you can against the balance.  You didn't mention if you had any baddies (late payments, judgements) when your report was pulled.  Those can take a significant hit against your score as well.  If you do, see if you can remove those thru goodwill letters.  Doesn't hurt to try.  Good Luck!

Thanks! Yes my report is basically shrapnel and tons of baddies, BK7(7 yrs old)/ BK13(4 yrs old)/ repo's, collections, etc. up until a few years ago, since then no missed payments. I just paid the 2nd and last 5 year old Judgement this week, both were from about 5 years ago. Do you really think a Goodwill Letter to the Creditor would work for removing a paid judgement? Also, i have about 6 older collections, do you think the impact of removing a 3 or 4 year old collection completely, PFD, would have much impact on a FICO score now since its aged so long already?

Message 26 of 31
bhartline2612
Established Member

Just checking in... haven't yet this year.  Two of MyFico scores are in yellow!  Yeah!!!  Ended up not staying in the garden, but I am much better at managing my credit than I was.  I have received two CLIs on Discover of $200 each.  I also received a CLI on my Cap 1 QS card of $2000 instead of $500.  I now have Walmart, Lowe's and Best Buy MC cards.  I will paying off most, if not all, of them by the end of the summer.  And the best news of all, I paid off and closed Credit One.  They offered a $200 CLI and 6 months with no fees.  I said no thank you.  I still think that I will be at 700 across the board by the end of the year.  Plan on requesting more SP CLIs.  The rest of the baddies fall off next spring and most of my INQs drop by the end of September.  Feeling pretty good about how things are going.Smiley Happy  

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: 682
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
skatenbyte
Established Member

I just made 800 in two scores!  Yah!

Starting Score: EXP 716, TU 716, EQ 715 (4/26/15)
June Score: EXP 818, TU 810, EQ 790 Current Score: EXP 803, TU 806, EQ 795
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow and congrats looking forward to posting something like that in the future. Just started my gardening and learning all the in and outs of credit. Takes a week just to start learning all the AbbreviationsSmiley Happy Started using my Cap1 and qs and a Home depot card. Was turned down for a Dis it student and Amex. Should have read more before I even tried. Going to stick with what I have and grow it.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in. I'm a new member. I've made huge improvements to my credit in May. At the beginning of the month my score was in the mid 500's a debt consolidation loan and paying off all my cards, and only charging what I can pay before statements hit has brought my score up to the 650's.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.