Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2019 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

May 2019 Check-In Thread

large

I'm sure you are all hard at work with your credit goals. Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2019 Check-In Thread

Happy May!
April had its ups and downs. My scores held steady but work has been a source of stress. This is my last month before my layoff.

Here's what's happened last month:
All of a sudden, CreditOne and the other bottom feeders stopped sending me offers. Instead, I started getting offers in the mail from Amex and BBVA.
I accepted an invitation from BBVA and got my first card over $5,000 in a very long time. The card was approved for $5,400.
I'm pretty happy as it's a cashback card with categories that I get to choose.
I've also decided not to let a layoff derail me. I still plan on purchasing a home in the next 12-14 months. I just have to focus.

Happy May, everyone! 🙋🏽‍♀️🌸
Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

April started out well, applied for a new CC. Got my scores up, then the last week, it completely slowed down. Have been paying down my debt. I am paying off my Cap1 here in the next couple of days.

Message 3 of 45
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Climbed a bit more towards the goal and hope to be even close by EOM.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hope the month of May is fruitful for all.

Planning on May to be a boring month.  No app'ing, no nothing.  Gotta step back and let my tl's age....have gained back most of the pts. lost from the last two months sprees, which wasn't much but every pt. counts.

@XtraCredit  Good luck on finding that new job and new home!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 45
excop01
Regular Contributor

Hello commnity. Long time, no talk.... So its been a few months since my high post that no one understood im sure, but i did get a few kudos. 

It was late i was high and i just need to express myself, thank you for bearing with me. 

So since my last post, a few cool things have happen, let  me start with the scores werent all that sexy.  If i remember correctly i was at 

tu -613

ex-645

eq-609

I believe those were the numbers. So lets fastforward to about March. The scores were like tu 624, ex 680 eq 628 or something like that, im sorry i dont know exactly because i had suspended my acct with my fico for a few months, but i had my acct with exp uptodate so i was watching it carefully, for tu and eq i was just getting the creditkarma scores and trying to subtract about 40 points. Incorrect i know, but the main things was just making sure everything was paid on time and working hard with ( the company that shall not be named here) to get rid of the hospital collections off my report. 

Well i saw my experian report and saw 680 and thought well the others cant be that far off at least i hoped, so i had this care i bought 2 years ago with a bk and my scores in the dump big time, with a 28.5 apr. Dont say nothing i know. just crazy. But i felt if i kept this 488a month for 2 years paid on time without skipping a beat i could truly make it. 

So i decide to shop around for either a new car, or refinance the car i had. So i though more to myself and decide i dont want this car anymore lets just try and see i can just get a new one and have something eat up this neg equity. 

Well when when i finally decided to do it after researching and checking and looking over and research i found a car i really wanted and had my mind set on it. A new audi Q3. I swear i research and searched for this car so much i promise ya my keyboard pad was tired of me hitting the a .u. d. i . keys.

There was one at  the dealership i bought the old car from, i figured since i built a relationship with them, which was toyota they would be more willing get me into something through toyota. So i went in and told them who i were, and they looked me up and was please to see me come back to them, told them what i had been looking at and wanted they went right to work. Pulled my credit report, in which i had to unlock all three on the spot cause i forgot i locked them.  The saleswoman came back in  about 15 minutes and said no problem we can get u approved. I was like what??? she said mr. blah your scores are high, even one of them was in the 700  in the auto section. I was so excited and relieved i almost jumped out the chair, but i had to composed myself. I got approved through toyota for the 30k at 16.6 apr. I was ok with that it was a hella better than the 28 i was paying. But the twist to it was the finance guy took the paperwork to his office and decided hell naw thats too high with the scores i had. He called up a credit union in colorado no less, and a friend he knew there and presented him with my folder, he was able to get the car for the 30k and 9.24 apr. He didnt tell me that until i went into his office to sign the paperwork. People of the fico community when he told me that i couldnt compose myself at all i jumped up and almost kissed the man in his face. I didnt but i swear i wanted to. NO homo. Lol. 

So my scores from the inquires and the new acct dropped me down to crap. I was ok with that for now cause i got what i wanted and i felt after all this hard work i had been doing, all this studing and reading here on my fico had finally paid off.I was up many nights till 4 am reading you blogs and successes and putting a great deal of it to work on my own. And i want to think every single one of you all. I dont know if people really know that this site helps out, but i will swear by it, and i tell everyone know in my world about it. 

So fastward till today. May 2 2018 i restarted myfico and got my 3b report and my dash board. Oh my god, when the dashboard stop going around and around and the scores popped up This is what i saw. 

Tu 687 Eq 668 Exp 686

when i started this quest. lol 2 years ago my scores were

tu 553 ex560 eq509

10 collections. 

bk 2016

I feel the only reason im not in the 700 club because i have a 2 of my credit card accts above 30 percent. And believe me that will be taken care of Nxt Friday.

I feel like i have actually arrived because my goal was to get to 670 and american express card. Still havent got that just yet, but i feel im almost there, i can smell it in the air. Again my fico community THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the post and the incouragement. I actually dont think i would known what to do.

Now if i can just get a little more advice about what i should do next.  I also recently got an avant card with a 750 cl, and ollo card back in dec with a 900 limit. Miss dico hasnt given me any love yet in the cl increases yet, but cl is 2k right now. I still have 3 collections on my credit report, well 2 of them anyway. and my util is at 27 percent aaoa 3.5 and this bk 3 yrs old now.  my overall cl is 6300 dollars, dont think i have enough of that but im chick crap to apply for anything other than american express cause thats my really only goal. All the other cards im not really feeling. But i do need more credit. So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Ok i typed enough now. Thank you again community. 

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Egads! 🧐 My Equifax went down. No idea why but I lost about 10 points. 🤔
I was able to pull my scores for the month today and EX and TU went up slightly.
Not sure what happened with EQ but it got me spooked. No HPs or other shenanigans. Hopefully nothing else that I overlooked.
Other than that, it's nice not to feel dread every time I pull my scores.

Now if I can just manage not to app for anything for the next 7 or 8 months. 😁

Discover is still secured. Hopefully it graduates this month. I have a FedEx secured card as well that should've unsecured but they do an HP for that and I really have no desire so I'm just going to leave it be.
Message 7 of 45
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Hello all,

I don't have anything new to report in regards to my credit report. I expect some big changes towards the end of the month. I will post them later. 

What I'm really excited about is that for the first time in nearly 8 years I am receiving credit card offers in the mail. I must have crossed some threshold recently, because I received three in the past few days.... Amex Hilton Ascend( I want the Aspire), Chase UA Explorer, and BBVA Compass.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 8 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@excop01 wrote:

Hello commnity. Long time, no talk.... So its been a few months since my high post  I remember, two months actually, lol!  I commented...

The saleswoman came back in  about 15 minutes and said no problem we can get u approved. I was like what??? she said mr. blah your scores are high, even one of them was in the 700  in the auto section. Congrats!

But the twist to it was the finance guy took the paperwork to his office and decided hell naw thats too high with the scores i had. He called up a credit union in colorado no less, and a friend he knew there and presented him with my folder, he was able to get the car for the 30k and 9.24 apr. He didnt tell me that until i went into his office to sign the paperwork.  Much better, enjoy ur ride. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 45
DGOATS1
Regular Contributor

05-05-2019 07:04 PM
Re: My rebuild update 45 days success
So excited. My wife got the 2 additional cc apps for the magic 3. They hit the EQ and EX today and she is now in the 700 club

EQ/TU/EX (March 7)
649/647/602 Fico
Paid off 3 CO stud loans and 1 CO cc, removed 1 collection and got 2 new cc’s

Results (May 5)
714/670/703 (+65/+23/+101)

So much fun. Waiting on TU to hit and hopefully she gets all 3 past 700

I’ll post my updates once my AMEX card hits. Fingers crossed for the 700 for me
Starting Score: 652/644/654 (March 2019)
Current Score: 729/745/745
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.