Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2021 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

May 2021 Check In Thread

Hello May Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

I'm sure you are all hard at work with your credit goals. Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: May 2021 Check In Thread

April showers bring ...

June flowers! <Insert The Price is Right's losing bid sound effect here> I have been looking forward to this month in anticipation of hitting the 24 month removal for HPs, but digging in to the esteemed RobertEG's threads, I learned I will need to wait another six weeks. The 24 month rule is open to interpretation, and one bureau interprets it to mean the first Saturday after the first full week of the month following the 24th month, aka June 12, 2021. It's a bit of a letdown, but what's another month at this point?

I hope each of you is well and kicking arsenal on your goals.

Message 2 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

First, wassup @Kenny 🤗🌼🌺🌷🌻

Second, 

@VanderSnoot wrote:

....what's another month at this point?

Yes!  You're right there...hang on👍

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 42
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Hello! Glad to see people here already! I didn't realize that buying an xbox one would make a HP (Purchased it with the ultimate subscription service for 2 years. It was all that was available at the time! lol) Anyway, I should have realized so any inadvertent gardening or stepping out of the garden wasn't even on my radar. Oh well!  Hope everyone is hanging in there and being as safe as is possible. Really wish the best for everyone.

Message 4 of 42
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Have made a bunch of progress in the past few months.   May is going to be a relatively quiet month for me, but I may be able to sneak a CLI or 2 in.  Otherwise May will be the first month of gardening until August.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 5 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Kenny Nooooo, that's a new one on me.  Was it financed or something to cause that hp? Sorry it went down like that but enjoy your new xbox👏. 

Message 6 of 42
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@rostrow416 wrote:

Have made a bunch of progress in the past few months.   May is going to be a relatively quiet month for me, but I may be able to sneak a CLI or 2 in.  Otherwise May will be the first month of gardening until August.

Yeah, Gardening is good for growing those cards...GL!  Congrats on your progress thus far.👍

Message 7 of 42
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Happy May Day everyone! My childhood best friend's birthday is on May 1st, and I don't think there's ever been a year that I didn't stop and mentally acknowledge her birthday. (We lost touch years ago.)

I'm continuing to just sit back and enjoy gardening. Nothing in the foreseeable future for me, other than non-HP CLI requests. I have a goal I'm working on (in the six figures) for total CL, and I'm inching closer each month! Smiley Happy

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in SoCal. I hope you're all having a wonderful day, too!
Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 8 of 42
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@GApeachy wrote:

@Kenny Nooooo, that's a new one on me.  Was it financed or something to cause that hp? Sorry it went down like that but enjoy your new xbox👏. 

Yes, it was Affirm. I should have realized, but it also was the only thing available to purchase an Xbox series x, so oh well! Not a big deal, just I always try to refrain from a HP over something so trivial.

Message 9 of 42
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

May is officially my last month in the agonizing garden! The 27th will be 1 year since my last app (Chase Freedom) June 1st will see apps for the AMEX BBC, followed by USB Cash+. Looking forward to more exciting credit moments ahead after spending the last year on the sideline, but the time in the garden is so worth it to be able to achieve your goal cards. Hope everyone has an awesome month of May! 

P.S. @Kenny  Hope you love your new Xbox. I lucked out and found one at target.com early on in January. I've been nothing but impressed with it so far! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.