Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2021 Check In Thread

tag
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: May 2021 Check In Thread

For the first time ever, all three of my FICO 8 scores are 740+. That was my original goal when I first started the Fitness Challenge. Smiley Happy (I have since moved the goal to 780.)

740+.png

Equifax updated today. I know it says based on data as of 05/05/2021, but I know I checked yesterday, 05/06, and it was still at 738. (So Equifax may have updated the score on 05/05, but MyFICO didn't get the memo until 05/07. And I did not get an email notification, which is weird, because I usually get notifications.)

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 19
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 31 of 42
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats and great scores!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 32 of 42
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

Happy May Everyone!!

Still working hard on credit goals which include paying bills on time and paying off CC's.  I've tried to monitor my spending and use cash/debit card more for purchases, if possible!  Trying to save money while doing this feels challenging and stressful.  However,  each month I've been committed to paying off or paying down something.  My credit score is still low which is confusing considering I have paid on time for at least 4+ years.  

I'm looking forward to having my CU as close to zero as possible and these check in's help me stay focused on that goal.  

Have a great Month!

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 33 of 42
Taki

Hi All,

I have two negative items that should be falling off soon because it has been 7 years.  One (old student loan that is paid) should come off this month and the other in July (old student loan that I co-signed not paid).  If I don't see the first one come off at my next credit report update what is my best course of action?  I also have a collection item from an old Home Depot credit card that I believe is eligible to come off in Dec of this year.....is there anyway to get it off sooner?

Thanks in advance for you feedback.

Starting Score: 581
Current Score: 606
Goal Score: 650

Message 34 of 42
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

May has been a super weird month for me. I'm making progress to tackle this student loan but at the same time I'm extremely discouraged. I think when the debt is so big and you can only make small progresses it bothers you. The lack of instant gratification sucks. I look forward to the September when I plan to do another lump sum payment and make a bigger impact.  But anyway I'm still plugging along. I did decide to take my loan out of the administrative forebearance. I'm making the payments anyway and I still can take advantage of the 0%. This way I don't have to manually pay each month. I was curious to see what my loans would look like back in active status. It appears they pushed my due date to 5/14/2022 due to the payments I have made during the Covid forebearance. I was initially disappointed to not see the length decrease instead. But, I will take that as a positive sign that if something terrible were to happen I have a bit of a safety net. 

I hope everyone is making positive strides this month on your goals, no matter how big or small. Just remember, even if you get off track, it will definitely pass and you can always push on! 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super late for my May check-in! No score changes but a lot has happened in the last month and a half...

- After living at home for 14 months during Covid (and paying a TON of debt off + saving), I finally got my own apartment again. Heart I will miss the extra money that was helping me super-speed my financial goals along but my mental health will benefit greatly from this. And my credit score was good enough to get approved for my apartment + utilities. Smiley LOL They interestingly looked at my FICO 2s.

- Last update, I had just gotten a CLI from Disco and had just done (was about to do?) my second balance transfer. That is almost paid off! And since then I have gotten yet another couple balance transfer offers from Disco and one from Citi.

- My Amex (my last card to battle down!) had significantly gone down recently and they even surprised me with a CLI up to $29,700! But then some health expenses + my move = card moving it's way back up to 64%. Last month I moved my due dates around so that I could take better advantage of BT's and time them around reporting dates... Very glad I did that this month. With all of my other cards paid off or significantly lowered (and paid for this cycle), I am putting the bulk of my paycheck tomorrow (that doesn't go into savings) immediately towards my Amex, then do both a BT to Discover and a BT to Citi after each report $0 this month, so my Amex should be able to report as 21%, and I'll work on paying down Disco & Citi out of my next couple paychecks.

- As my debt feels in a more manageable place and I have just committed to new monthly expenses, I have changed my auto deposit of my paycheck to send 40% straight into my savings and the other 60% into my checking. While I had to take some money out of savings for my apartment deposit, my intent is to build up a min. 6 months of expenses in my savings. I'm currently at about 2 months.

- Raised my Banana Republic VS limit to $10k

- Got a 0% promotional APR from Disco for 12 months

- Got a 1% reduction in APR from Amex for 12 months (new purchases)

- Getting hopeful for AZEO before the end of the year. Smiley Happy

This month is a test of the good financial habits I rebuilt and reinforced over the past year. Must maintain!

Message 36 of 42
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous Wishing you the best!!

Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@Anonymous Wishing you the best!!

Thanks! You too! Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I'm new and would love any pointers on raising my credit faster or with the most effectiveness. 

Message 39 of 42
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous Welcome to the forum . . . please provide any information regarding what your current credit file looks like (i.e. collections, any adverse trade lines, current credit score, etc.) and state what you'd like to accomplish; that way some of our forum experts can provide you the requested guidance.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.