Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2022 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

May 2022 Check In Thread

Hello May Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

I'm sure you are all hard at work with your credit goals. Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Indaeyez

Re: May 2022 Check In Thread

Sprinnging into May and hoping eveyone is doing well. I don't have much to say but my scores continue to go up as I'm woking on paying off the debt that I have. I'm thinking about doing some additional gigs or work on the side temporailry to put a dent on few accounts where the uti is still pretty high.

Only one of my score is update for May thus while the other two last update mid April.

I'm posting here to so that I those who might feel discouraged to no give up. If I can do it so can you, we are only human and yes we might fall down but we get up. Stay postive you guys.

STARTING SCORES TU 8: 668  EX 8: 686 EQ 8: 660 

MARCH SCORES 

TU 8: 712  EX 8: 719  EQ 8: 668 

APRIL 2022     

TU 8 : 716  EX 8 : 720  EQ8: 700

MAY 2022 

TU 8: 718    EX 8: 725  EQ 8: 712 

Starting Score: TU: 668 EX: 686 EQ: 660
Current Score: TU 8: 748 EX 8: 767 EQ 8: 751
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
mgood
Valued Contributor

Pulled my 3B report just now.

Overall utilization is down a tiny bit from last month, but some individual accounts are still high.

Age of newest account went from "Poor" to "Fair. (Says 4 months. Jan 16 was my newest acct opening.)

Scores creeping slowly back up.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 771, TU8 766, EX8 775 as of March 28
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

AZE5 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 2/6, 4/12, 6/24
Message 3 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I neglected to check in for April, so May will cover both months. There is not a lot to report. I left the garden in April to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred in early April. My scores are stabilized in the 800s for EX and EQ. TU flat refuses to move into the 800s, no matter what I do (AZEO, AZE5, etc.).

No plans to make any credit moves until the fall.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 16
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

Big month for me.  Consolidated my credit card debt into a personal loan.  I had planned on waiting for a better rate while my scores made small increases but it didn't seem worth it to continue paying an average of 23% interest for just a slightly better rate.  Hope to refinance in 6-12 months when my scores are in a better place.

With the loan I paid off all my credit cards except for my Citi Costco card (minimal difference in interest rate).  My utilization will go from 75% to 10%.  Some of these have reported already and some won't until the end of the month. Have seen some small increases in my EX and TU scores but EQ is lagging.  Interested to see where all my scores are by the end of the month.  Hopefully at least above 670 so I can get BT offers from my existing cards or apply for a 0% BT credit card to pay off the Citi Costco without interest.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 5 of 16
HeavyResist
Frequent Contributor

Not much has changed in my credit over the last month. My utilization is still at 4%, and I am staying in the garden until at least May 27th. I am bothered however by the rise in the rates todat after the Fed Meeting.

Originally, the goal was to remain in the garden until I applied for a refinance on my current mortgage (convert an FHA into a Conventional).  This would get me out of the PMI, and reduce my mortgage payment. I own a duplex and rent out the downstairs. My plan was to buy another multi-family and continue to rent my current property, refinance after the minimum required time: wash, rinse repeat. However, I calculated that the current rate will make my payment $9 higher, without hre PMI. I am considering waiting until septmeber when my BK reaches its 10 year mark and falls off to get the best rate.

Message 6 of 16
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Happy May!!! Consolidated my credit card debt with a fixed rate personal loan early April and paid off 8 cards 🎉🎉🎉.

As of January 15 FICO 8 scores 

TU. 743. 53% utilization 
EX  744. 47% utilization 

EQ  727  44% utilization 

The new loan posted and here's where my FICO 8 scores and utilization landed as of May 5

TU 785  24% utilization 

EX 791. 21% utilization 

EQ 802. 17% utilization 

Plan to stay in the garden until Sept '23

Message 7 of 16
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

First time posting on the monthly thread. Most of my info is on the original thread https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Take-the-myFICO-Fitness/Take-the-myFICO-Fitness-Challenge-2022/m-p/...  and I just found this place. Two good things are my Fico 8's are up to the 670's now that my 2 new trade lines are posting, and I'm building a nice little savings.I also paid off a $124 medical collection this week, so I'm excited to see how that affects my score since it was PFD. So, no more collections on my account and I'm gardening and racking up my cash back on both cards.

Good luck to you all Smiley Happy

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 8 of 16
Peterparkyr
New Contributor

Scores up a few points.  Slow and steady at 5 months into rebuild.  Updated scores in my signature.  Took a couple point dip due a few applications to increase available credit.  Util down to 50% with $42,750 available credit.  It'll be a year before i can chip away at that util and get it down below 10%, so slow and steady.  See you all next month! 

Currently Rebuilding Since 1/7/2022
Gardening Since 11/4/2022 (last inquiry 11/4/2022)

Starting Score: 611
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 750

Was in high 400s in 2020-2021

Current Scores:
Fico 8 EQ: 701
Fico 8 EX: 659
Fico 8 TR: 665
Message 9 of 16
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

I feel like that also scores slow to rise, quick to drop.. Go figure.. Also, Did you get approved for the chase card? 

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.