Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2016 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: November 2016 Check-In Thread

@Windfall wrote:

I'm so excited.  My scores haven't been this high since God knows when.  I paid off a $5k cc, and that brought all my scores up by 25+ points.  To keep it going up, I use some cc's for small purchases, let it hit the credit reports, then I pay off the balance.  I'm finally close to my fiance's scores (he's closer to 800), and after the wedding we'll be ready to house hunt.

That's great!  Keep in going Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 17
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

I'm a NEWB to this and I am going to freeze my CR's prior to heading to Switzerland with my wife, for work, to prevent fraud. We will be carefully monitoring our credit there and will hopefully learn, even though they don't use credit the same over there. We will be fine though and I look forward to growing my limits while abroad.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It feels like time is running out and there's still a long way to go.

I've been app'ing for CCs. My EQ score dropped 18 pts because of it, but then it gained 24 pts when a card reported a balance, leaving a net of 6 pts. I expect the other CRAs will follow.

Also, when the CCs I app'd for report, I'm not sure what that will do to my scoresI I'm hoping the share installment loan I have in play will offset the damage.

With one and a half months remaining in this year, I *hope* somehow I eek out enough points to reach my end year goal. Not feeling very confident that at the moment.

I guess it's wait and see.
Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I'm down to the home stretch, 1 more year till I'm clean! (at least on every bureau I care about, 30 day late on TU /yawn)

My FICO 8's have gone up a little bit, sitting at EQ 717, TU 732, EX 740 which actually is a darned good set of scores for my file and I have some random balances on my cards which I'll try to clean up before the end of the year.

Planning my 1/1 New Year's FICO 3B pull still though there's no prayer of my getting back above 700 EQ 04 (which is my benchmark score, go figure I picked my worst one all those years ago to track), and will be sitting on my hands throughout next year while I get my financial house back in order after my school foray.

The question ... did you learn anything from your "school foray"? Assuming you do/did it will be more than worth the effort. As you clean up your house know it took me from 2001 BK7 to 2009 to clean my house (no major would give me a card during the entire time - note lenders views on BK were tougher in the old days).

YEah I got some things out of it but wasn't worth the opportunity cost.

End of the day if you have to learn it all yourself anyway why pay all that money and leave the money on the table by not working?  The piece of paper should be gotten when the market isn't running, though if I find a gig down near there I may push along the night classes they offer in the Econ department part time.  My financial house isn't that awkward, just some additional reported debt at 3.25% APR that can get airstruck at any time.

        
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU and EX scores increased enough to enable me to meet the yearly goals for them.  Hope the scores hold through December. Smiley Surprised

No movement on EQ.  Smiley Sad

Overall I feel good about the progress made so far. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for November!!!  Fresh off an app spree via SCT

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2016

Great goals!! Those are my goals as well!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.