Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Re: November 2019 Check In Thread

Just found this page/thread.  I like!  Suits me better than the Gardening thread.

GOAL: Other than getting back to 850 on TU and EQ my goal is to achieve this on EX and reduce debt...again.

PROGRESS: I was pleased my lone 30d at 6Y10M was deleted in October.  Now all bureaus clean.  Thought I'd see more of an increase as I received pretty large increases when it was removed from TU and EQ, but just glad it's clean. YAY!!!!

SMALL MILESTONE: Now after a needed expense in September I was able to bring my AGG UTL back to <8.9% and 1 individual card at 41% down to below 33%.

UNFORESEEN EXPENSE/POTHOLE & SPEED BUMP Smiley Mad: But Wait!!! Says the Demon called Debt, you now have a 4K auto repair.  WTH!  Grrrr.   

Oh well, back to the grind.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 11 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Luciferinteresting that your Fico Scores are lower than your other scores. In my case it is the other way.

For me the biggest reasons I can come up with is the weight the other Fico and Vantage Scores put on Mortgage and Auto Loans percent of paid down balances. Another words DTI for me.

Until recently my F8's were above my Fakos....then ted closing in on 800 and the Fako vantage kept rising and the F8's hit the brakes.    My F9 is sittting at 825 but I think that scale goes up to 900.     

Ooooohhhhh  lookey here....the Boa luv button has returned.....    I think we know what Lucifer is doing later today !

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

Just found this page/thread.  I like!  Suits me better than the Gardening thread.

Welcome to our humble thread where there is sanity and reason.   Those  gardening people are cray cray with their 5,000 pages a month.

Message 13 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Lucifer  you're wrong. I think it might be for the best if you avoid frequent dramatic mentions of thread you dont participate in. 

It only leads to more drama, but more importantly, those who would participate here may not feel inclined to do so after reading that

Thank you 

Message 14 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Lucifer  you're wrong. I think it might be for the best if you avoid frequent dramatic mentions of thread you dont participate in. 

It only leads to more drama, but more importantly, those who would participate here may not feel inclined to do so after reading that

Thank you 

Well, I mean, opinions aren't really wrong but what's right is different for different people.  And assuming I wouldn't gladly participate in either thread( I have in both) or with people from differing threads is well...assuming things.  But thinking I have that much influence over people - well, I've gotten that blame for eternity   :-)

Lucifer is a happy, welcoming devil.

:-P

Message 15 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Nowwwwww,  back to the issues at hand.

Lucifer just got his first F8 of the month.....

Drum roll please.......

802 Baby  !!!!!!    802 !!!!    Ohhhh yeaaa.  This has been a long road.        I still need to see if my other F8 made it to the hurdle but it will.

I know it says my starting point was in the 700's but we can go further back in time when Lucifer was the owner of a 3XX credit score and life was a freaking mess.

So to anyone reading this....   If Lucifer can make it to 800, so can you !!!!   

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm just sitting here soaking in the moment - a moment that at points in my life, I though would never come.  But.  Here it is.

I have exceptional credit.

Message 16 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You should participate in both threads 

Think of it like a credit mullet ...business in the front (here), party in the back (GT) 

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was doing so good. SO good. And then I just failed at the end of October.

I'm gonna take it on the chin though, because at least the purchases I made were for an investment and not just frivolous spending.

So, I ended up applying (and being denied) for two credit cards. One from Newegg and one from PNC. I was in the market for a new desktop setup for my freelancing gig. I had been planning this purchase for awhile now, but my laptop took a nosedive so I figured I should just go ahead and get it.

For the setup I got, I only spent about $900 in total. Which isn't bad for the type of computer I needed (think gaming computers, dual monitors, rgb lights and accessories lol yeah).

The bad news is that I squeezed those purchases on all three of my credit cards and they're all pretty much maxed out. (Commence the tomato throwing) I only have $1,600 in credit limit though...

So now, at least two of them are going to report maxed since my next payday is AFTER their statements closed. I'm noooot excited about the hit my scores are about to take but I'll be ok. Scores can still go up. And paying off a maxed credit card is still better than when I filed bankruptcy before.

Ugh, the whole thing just made me realize why I hated credit to begin with. I get WAY too card happy and I didn't want to end up in this position again. But at least it's minimal and I can pay it all down within the next two months, three at most.

It has helped me increase productivity in my workflow. So I feel like in time it'll pay for itself but MAN.

It feels TERRIBLE to be back in "debt" again. Even if it IS just a few hundred dollars.

Sorry about that. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous understand your pain and frustration! Most unfortunate and you did all that you could do. As you are more than aware, life happens! In the early days of credit building and/or rebuilding it is hard to obtain comfortable credit limits so we limp along!

Hang in there for awhile, it will improve but does take time. Credit is a slow build and not a speed race (speak with lot's of experience).

Had something similar happen and I had to use a Debit Card (money was in the bank but no credit cards with limits much different than yours). Took three try's to get the vendor to accept my payment method. No rewards or other card benefits but I did get the computer.
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement @Dinosaur! It's funny because now I'm kinda nervous about gaining more credit.

I'm gonna try to be a good sport and hold off on the credit applications and whatnot because like you said, it does take time.

On a brighter note though, today was payday and I paid one card down to zero!

WHOOP WHOOOOP! Lol how is everyone else?
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.