Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: November 2019 Check In Thread

Hello Fitness Challenge Family

The Richardson's Family decided to start the Fitness Challenge for several reasons. This is the first month and the goal is to pay off my credit cards so that I can lower my utilization. He is paying off past collections by doing PFD process and is now down to the last collection to pay off. I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy prior to getting married December 2018 and he never used credit he simply was a pay cash for everything man. We are looking to purchase our first home together as well has purchase an apartment building for additional income. As of right now we are on the right path but the challenge will always be to stay on the right path and to be consistent

Husband story Navy Federal Secured Credit Card $500, Opened May 2019, currently about to print out it's 5 statement November 25, 2019. He was also approved for a Navy Federal Car Loan September 2019, first payment October 2019. Second Card Loan Westlake Financial September 2019, first payment October 2019. Applied for Exxon Mobil gas card November 3, 2019 and it was approved unsure of the limit. He also applied for a Capital One a month ago it was approved with low $300 limit. Utilization is 1%.

Wife story I currently have Total Card $300, First Premier $300, and Credit One $500. AU on Target red card opened since 2003 never late. My Utilization is 83% goal to get it down once I return back to work currently on FMLA. Currently going through the chapter 13 process which started December 2018 with a 3 year completion time. 

Looking forward to reading the challenges and successes because I pretty sure something will pertain to us. 

Message 21 of 43
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

Those  gardening people xxxxxxxxxx with their 5,000 pages a month.

Welp, they have one forum......we seem to be split.  Monthly forum plus "the" Fitness Challenge forum.  Not that anything could touch the Garden, that's on and off action but we lag a smidge (not much) with posting in two different places is one tiny reason.  So chop, chop and get to posting  Lickity-split Lucifer and post on the main one too. 

Btw, congrats on the 800's.  Glad someone isn't backsliding (and it's YOUSmiley LOL )  I'm clawing and digging trying to hang on to my Experian daggling it's berries over the edge.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Embarassed

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 22 of 43
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I'm sure each forum suits the people that participate.  I feel like my original comment may have been construed as divisive but that was not my intent.  I apologize.  However, I feel this has been a valid discussion. 

Personally I don't have a challenge or need encouragement to garden.  But I know some people do.  I feel this thread may support a different group which is a good thing.  We're all different on different paths and have different goals and struggles in this credit world.  Many want to express how they have progressed or even regressed month to month.  Not particularly related to new accounts.  There are many different goals. 

That's the beauty of this site, find where you fit in, participate or just read and learn, help or be encouraged in the many varying goals and  struggles along your journey.  It works because we're all different and we all can use some support.  And ALL forums serve a purpose.

But I do appreciate this one and glad I found it. Smiley Happy  I'll check in next month Smiley Wink

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 23 of 43
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Good morning, everyone:

I continue to wait out the 7 year reporting period as my delinquencies age off. As far as I can tell, EQ is dropping them 3 months from when they appear on my report (regardless of whether they appear as 30 or 60 day delinquencies); EX 1 month; and TU 2 months. I'll have a better idea in a few months how they are treating strings.

My scores had maxed out at around 740-750 since the summer due to in large part to these delinquencies. In October, I applied for and received a new credit card, which had a minimal effect on my scores: my highest score came down a few, my lowest score went up a few. I also opened a new savings account, which incurred a hard pull. I have three fresh inquiries, one on each bureau. All three scores are in the 740s, and I am in the garden.

Message 24 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous 

Keep at it.  You'll get there.   Credit is hardest to get when you're trying to build or rebuild but it happens.

When I was rebuilding I went through a time period where all I did was forget about credit.   Cash only and that time period was followed by cash only with one little cap 1 card.   Then I hit a little card spree and I was off and running.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

There's a main forum besides our monthly?   Hmmmmmm......

@GApeachy wrote:

@Lucifer wrote:

Those  gardening people xxxxxxxxxx with their 5,000 pages a month.

Welp, they have one forum......we seem to be split.  Monthly forum plus "the" Fitness Challenge forum. 

Message 26 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Soooo close.    My lowest score is my F8 TU.   It should update soon.    If it makes it over 800 this month - I will have offically met my goal.

The results are just days awayyyyyyyyyy

Message 27 of 43
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

For the most part November has been uneventful until today.  I had not applied for any new credit and have been solely focused on getting a new car.  Since I purchased my house, I knew that was the next thing i wanted to do.  Have been trying to pay down my cc balances some.  However, today, on a whim, I called my CU just to ask questions about getting a loan.  The loan officer encouraged me to apply just to pre approve me. I completed the application and was approved!  Now for the next step, finding a car!!

Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 28 of 43
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Ok - it's official......

My other FICO 8 that was 795 last month just jumped up to 804

That puts me at     

F8(tu) 804

F8(ex) 802

I dont get my EQ score but the date there is lock step with the other two.

I have met my MYFICO Challenge GOALS.....

And I have returned from the depths of credit hell (aka the 300's).

I am soooooooo making a cake over this.

Message 29 of 43
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Congrats, Luc. Better be one helluva cake.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.