Did you mean: 

November 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: November 2020 Check-In Thread

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Glad to see that @Anonymous is awake and probably shoveling snowSmiley Very Happy

.....hope he remembered to close his new windows too.Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley LOL

Happy November to you @M_Smart007 

Happy November @GApeachy Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wanting to start this challenge for the new year. In the last year my credit has become my own personal challenge/goal. I'm very new to this but feel like I've gained a ton on knowledge from everyone I might as well join this challenge and hold myself accountable. I want to do the full year so though maybe it would be better to start in January since we only have a month of 2020 left. Is there a place to join for the new year or do I have to start from now and then again in Jan? I feel like I shouldn't be as excited as I am over this😁. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Glad to see that @Anonymous is awake and probably shoveling snowSmiley Very Happy

.....hope he remembered to close his new windows too.Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley LOL

Happy November to you @M_Smart007 

Happy November @GApeachy Smiley Happy

That's priceless and for everything else there is Master Card Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wanting to start this challenge for the new year. In the last year my credit has become my own personal challenge/goal. I'm very new to this but feel like I've gained a ton on knowledge from everyone I might as well join this challenge and hold myself accountable. I want to do the full year so though maybe it would be better to start in January since we only have a month of 2020 left. Is there a place to join for the new year or do I have to start from now and then again in Jan? I feel like I shouldn't be as excited as I am over this😁. 

It is exciting to step up to the plate.  You can join now, have these last couple of months of 2020 to plan out your challenge and when the new year rolls around, you're ready.  Good Luck and glad you're here. 

2020----->2021= Awesomeness! Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 18
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

test;  I'm not certain I did this correctly.  Do you use the lowest score (since it doesn't seem to have a breakdown, ie. EX, EQ, TU)?   EX is my middle score (784), EQ is the lowest (776), TU is the highest (793).  Thanks!

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 15 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

test;  I'm not certain I did this correctly.  Do you use the lowest score (since it doesn't seem to have a breakdown, ie. EX, EQ, TU)?   EX is my middle score (784), EQ is the lowest (776), TU is the highest (793).  Thanks!

You could add all 3 scores.  Like this (Ex 784/ Eq 776/ Tu 793)

My little update:

I got a Bronze spade.

How's everybody else doing?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 18
DiosMioFico

All is well.  I'll be gardening until next Summer.  After the new card spree mid to late 2019... account age is my weak point. 🤷‍♂️ 

@Kenny wrote:

november-newsletter

This year is flying by! There have been so many people who have been brought to the poverty line or below due to this pandemic. Remember to be patient with yourself, realize your limitations, and hang in there. You are stronger than you know and you can weather these situations with the right counsel, decisions, and fortitude. If anyone has any questions regarding their credit situation, please utilize the forum -- we are here for you and want the best. Now on to our standard monthly messaging:

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 17 of 18
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

November was a decent month for me on the FICO/credit front. I met the goals I set here. Citi gave me a CLI a few months earlier than I had expected, so that was nice. I added a card, but it was only a debit card (Target. Got it for the discounts.) so it was garden-friendly. My lone baddie turned three years old and FICO rewarded me with 3-5 points. I'm expecting another score bump any day now, when my highest-util card reports under 30% for the first time.

The biggest thing in my credit world this month is that I had a change of heart about how I'm going to approach CLIs. When I first joined MF in February, I went a little wild with CLI requests (among other things). I had another big wave of them six months later. It was fun hunting and bagging high limits, but now that my Util is below 10% and falling, there's no significant objective benefit to getting higher limits. I have come to realize that I'm really just chasing the rush of the approval and that feeling of validation/security/pride that high limits can provide. BofA staged a small intervention when they sent me a CLI denial letter that said I was requesting too often. But the last straw was when I read a whitepaper someone here shared about the behavior known as "bust out." I realized my quickly rising total credit limit might cause lenders to wonder if I was preparing to take their money and run. I decided I should slow down.

I'm going to limit myself to one CLI per month. That works nicely because I have seven cards whose lenders take requests for SP CLIs, and of course these are usually limited to one per six months. It even leaves me with a backup for those times when a lender says no. In November is was my Citi Costco card. In December, I will try with Capital One. If they say no or if they offer too little, I will try Citi Double Cash.

Goals for the month ahead: stay healthy; stay employed; stay in the garden; keep aggregate Util below 10%; keep all cards' individual Util below 30%; and request CLI on Capital One card.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.