Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Check in Thread

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

November Check in Thread

Fall is finally here!  With the holidays just around the corner, some of us have already laid out a budget so not to overspend. If you haven't thought about a budget, do you plan to?  Are you afraid to overspend?  What new ideas or plans do you have so that 0% promos don't sway you away from your goals?  Are you where you want to be with your debt or are you struggling to figure out away to get out of debt before you get into more debt?

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have we progressed as far as we hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2014?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Re: November Check in Thread

Hello everyone, considering that I just joined the thread in October, the garden is still somewhat new to me.  However, I was reading a few enticing threads regarding JCrew's luv button CLI's....uuuuggghhh, you can imagine where this is going, right!  I was greeted with the 7-10 day message immediately.  I am so frustrated with myself because I not only promised myself, but I made a committment to the whole credit community of my eagerness to do better concerning my credit.  Look at me now...Smiley Sad( when will I learn people, I mean really, I was itching to apply for something, anything and now look at what happened.Woman Sad  My credit score has dropped 22 points over the last 10 days!Smiley Embarassed  Ok, I get it, I'm not ready yet, my credit scores are not ready yet so back to the garden I go.  I hope the soil in the garden is fresh since I'm kinda picky where I plant myself these days!  Stay tuned and watch me grow!Smiley Wink

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to own a home by middle of next year. This month, all three of my scores went up 20 points after paying some CC down. I am now 648,646,638. (my scores took a 20 point hit a couple months ago do to paying off a car loan and refinancing my student loans). Looks like my middle score would be above the 640 requirement... I am going to keep gardening, and try to save as much money as I can for a down payment. Right now I have 1000 in savings. I am going to try and sell my quad, that should ad 2 grand... Then I want to save 500 a month. Next february should bring in at least 4000 for income tax return... That should put me close to 10000 as long as I dont touch it... I am looking for a house 160000 to 200000 range.... Now I just cant screw anything else up, and save everybit I can...

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical bills have challenged my paying down my card debt. Frustrating as it is holding down my scores. Also, I don't like debt. Smiley Sad Do have a budget that is very realistic and accurate. Prepared the 2015 Budget with my income increases and see that one item for a $100 a month has to go as I can't afford it, oh well.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning! 

just joined today and started fixing my credit in June. so far ive been approved for 3 cards (in my sig) 

hopefully ill see some more movement going up in Jan.

Nice to meet you all. 

next on my list are credit union cards for at least 1k each but w.e i can get now is good enough. 

let see some raise in scores! 

-A

Message 5 of 13
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Monthly check-in...All s well got util. down to 5% right now by end of mth looking at ~1%. Goals now are to work on credit score goals and keep learning how to improve them.
Couldn't have made it without the MyFico Family....

Message 6 of 13
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@creditlady43 wrote:

Hello everyone, considering that I just joined the thread in October, the garden is still somewhat new to me.  However, I was reading a few enticing threads regarding JCrew's luv button CLI's....uuuuggghhh, you can imagine where this is going, right!  I was greeted with the 7-10 day message immediately.  I am so frustrated with myself because I not only promised myself, but I made a committment to the whole credit community of my eagerness to do better concerning my credit.  Look at me now...Smiley Sad( when will I learn people, I mean really, I was itching to apply for something, anything and now look at what happened.Woman Sad  My credit score has dropped 22 points over the last 10 days!Smiley Embarassed  Ok, I get it, I'm not ready yet, my credit scores are not ready yet so back to the garden I go.  I hope the soil in the garden is fresh since I'm kinda picky where I plant myself these days!  Stay tuned and watch me grow!Smiley Wink

@Anonymous't beat yourself up we've all been there be4,look @ it this way....you'll get to hang out with really cool people in the garden.......and grow some nice scores too..Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My goal is to own a home by middle of next year. This month, all three of my scores went up 20 points after paying some CC down. I am now 648,646,638. (my scores took a 20 point hit a couple months ago do to paying off a car loan and refinancing my student loans). Looks like my middle score would be above the 640 requirement... I am going to keep gardening, and try to save as much money as I can for a down payment. Right now I have 1000 in savings. I am going to try and sell my quad, that should ad 2 grand... Then I want to save 500 a month. Next february should bring in at least 4000 for income tax return... That should put me close to 10000 as long as I dont touch it... I am looking for a house 160000 to 200000 range.... Now I just cant screw anything else up, and save everybit I can...

Sounds like a plan.... 

Message 8 of 13
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@donateariel

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your approvals... I would garden a while b4 apping to CU's that way scores will go up and time showing pay record= higher chance of approval and higher limits....Good Luck.... You are in the right place to meet your goals,,,the people on this forum are the best, you'll see........

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just came across this forum when looking around for how to get a car loan with good interest rate and minimum down payment.

I started to feel the pain of low credit scores last year when I was trying to buy my dream Motorcycle, and they just released limited edition and I wanted it bad.

I finally have to settle for high interest rate and high downpayment. 

After a couple months applied for Cap One card and they gave me one and gave me free score monitoring service.

I made all the payments on time and and TU score was increasing steadily until this month.

I lost my contracting job and I have to make only minimum payment on the card to save money if I have to move to new place.

Now I got a job in the American Tundra LOL.. now i need a reliable car and narrowed down to one. 

because of the minimum payment, my score took a hit... now down 24 points to 617.

My target for next three months is get score to 690 range, get a discover it card and get a car loan with minimum down and lowest rate.

if i pay off my credit card in this cycle.. TU score goes up to 691 and i heard its good score to get discover card.

If i get decent credit limit on that card, and get the car loan approved.. my score will jump up to 721.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.