Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Check In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: October 2017 Check In Thread

Congrats on that 700! Just taunting you, ha!

That $305 QS credit limit is bizarre, what happened there?
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ABCD2199!
I know it's weird. It used to be my old CapOne Platinum that I've had forever. Probably my first CC--started at a 305, and has stayed there since. They recently upgraded it to a QS, but haven't increased the credit line, or at least made it less weird, even though I've made online requests. Strangely, the QS1is my newest, and they started me with 3K.
Whatever. Maybe one of these days it will change, but ima let it ride for now.
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, quickest check in thread ever! I love it!

Here are my updates for October:

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. without opening any new tradelines. I had left the Garden for the millionth time last month. Happy to report I'm still in the Garden and I'm all in! My reports are all still on ice. No plans to step out/apply for anything.

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Doing okay, could be better. Right at 25% so went up a little, but I'm not micro-managing either.

3). To watch my inquiries drop from EQ 6, TU 5, EX 8 down to EQ 3, TU4, EX 4 by June. Still at EQ 5, TU 8, EX 11, all within the last two years. All inquiries remaining are now post-BK. Nothing will fall off until May '18.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). On my last two four bi-monthly payments, I've applied $50 extra to that larger balance to make the extra $100 per month. That made quick work of it, so I am happy to report that my highest balance loan is below the original amount! Plan to keep going strong with this plan. More is more!

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month.Still saving 12.7% of my gross income each month!

Would still like to see one or more of my scores hit 700 by the end of the year at least. We'll see if pure gardening some gardening sometimes  serious, sustained gardening and paying down utilization and getting that loan above water will do the trick

Scores ticked up 1-3 points each this last month:

EQ 680, TU 653, EX 685

Stay strong everyone! Smiley Happy

Bella007, I'm drooling of that savings!  Wanna share some of it with someone who really REALLY needs it?  The fact that you're saving over 12% and making extra payments blows the mind. 

I'm interested in finding out if indeed you gain some Fico points for getting that loan above water.  I wonder if anything above that 90% (or whatever it is the breakpoint)  falls in the same bucket or if indeed Fico differentiate between 100% and 100.01%.

Either way... you're burning rubber! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My FICO goals are 720s across all 3 by spring, starting at 550s in Feb17. Utililization is $5 on one card.

I would like to see Discover unsecure in November ($2500) and Capital one unsecured in May ($3000) just to get that cash back to roll into my investment portfolio or buy another rental property if the housing market sees a correction soon.

I am gardening until Chase or Amex prequals me so I can get better than 2% rewards on some spending, but neither is necessary. No mortgages or other loans forecast ahead for the rest of my life since I have all I need and envision wanting thanks to savvy/lucky purchasing of property in my late teens.

My only purpose for credit is to maximize cash back, sign up bonuses, etc. I haven't charged something I can't PIF that day since 2014.

Two remaining baddies should delete this year but I can't guarantee it, still negotiating with the creditors for a PFD in writing. One is a state government, one is a really nice and amazing collection agent for a utility. If they send me the letters I've requested as I've requested them, they'll be paid that day.

I also want 720s so my insurance policies are cheaper. I already earned one repricing when I passed 660 a few months ago. Now I need those 720s to get prime insurance rates.

^^^certainly the thing to do these days!  Same here.  

Mind sharing how were you able to get repricing on your insurance based on your Fico score?  I'm thinking that's a trick I could use!  

I hope you hear good news on the PFDs! You scores should skyrocket if you can get that to happen!  Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi ABCD2199!
I know it's weird. It used to be my old CapOne Platinum that I've had forever. Probably my first CC--started at a 305, and has stayed there since. They recently upgraded it to a QS, but haven't increased the credit line, or at least made it less weird, even though I've made online requests. Strangely, the QS1is my newest, and they started me with 3K.
Whatever. Maybe one of these days it will change, but ima let it ride for now.

Have you gone over to the Capital One upgrade link to see if they'll offer another upgrade on it?  Maybe even from QS1 to QS1 might get you out of the rebuilder zone on that card!

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
12.7% savings rate is amazing, kudos! That emergency fund is going to reduce credit anxiety so much as the balance inches up. I hope you found a good high interest savings account for it!

Thanks! 

Yes, indeed, currently 1.20 APY. As soon as I build it up, though, I'd like to put the max amount in NFCU's EasyStart CD that is 3.00 APY for 12 months. I know I'm not gonna get rich off of that, but my belief is to get what I can get with money that is sitting there. Smiley Happy

Got my eye on that 3% APY too!  Won't be able to make use of it until after mortgage closing, but that's the way it goes.  Too bad they limit how much you can put in it. I guess that would be too good of a deal! Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't have a chance to check in for September, because I was on a two week trip and was in and out of data range during that time.  But, here goes what happened last month:

CC balances:

BofA-- 0/ 5800

Citi-- 0/ 09350

QS1-- 0/ 3000

QS-- 0/ 305

Milestone-- 0/ 300

Chase (closed) 6200/ 8500

AMEX platinum-- 0/NA

Installment loans--all paid on time

Car loan: 2800

Personal loan: 4800

Student loan: 200K 

My scores have risen accordingly

EQ: 700 (finally broke into the 700 range!!)

TU: 685

EX: 670

Waiting for INQs and the baddies to age off.  Gardening now.

Congratulations on joining the 700 club!  See ya over in the garden. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. without opening any new tradelines. I had left the Garden for the millionth time last month. Happy to report I'm still in the Garden and I'm all in! My reports are all still on ice. No plans to step out/apply for anything.

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Doing okay, could be better. Right at 25% so went up a little, but I'm not micro-managing either.

3). To watch my inquiries drop from EQ 6, TU 5, EX 8 down to EQ 3, TU4, EX 4 by June. Still at EQ 5, TU 8, EX 11, all within the last two years. All inquiries remaining are now post-BK. Nothing will fall off until May '18.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). On my last two four bi-monthly payments, I've applied $50 extra to that larger balance to make the extra $100 per month. That made quick work of it, so I am happy to report that my highest balance loan is below the original amount! Plan to keep going strong with this plan. More is more!

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month.Still saving 12.7% of my gross income each month!

Would still like to see one or more of my scores hit 700 by the end of the year at least. We'll see if pure gardening some gardening sometimes  serious, sustained gardening and paying down utilization and getting that loan above water will do the trick

EQ 680, TU 653, EX 685

Bella007, I'm drooling of that savings!  Wanna share some of it with someone who really REALLY needs it?  The fact that you're saving over 12% and making extra payments blows the mind. 

I'm interested in finding out if indeed you gain some Fico points for getting that loan above water.  I wonder if anything above that 90% (or whatever it is the breakpoint)  falls in the same bucket or if indeed Fico differentiate between 100% and 100.01%.

Thanks, LOTR! I wish I had enough to go around, seriously. Smiley Happy

I will definitely keep you posted on how that affects my scores. Right now it's at 99.26%. It will take 5 more payments with the extra $50 each time to get it below 95%, so that will put me at the middle of December when I make the payment that gets it there. A nice FICO bump would be a very nice Christmas present, but I would definitely take one sooner for it being below 100% for sure. We'll see what happens. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ 680, TU 653, EX 685

I will definitely keep you posted on how that affects my scores. Right now it's at 99.26%. It will take 5 more payments with the extra $50 each time to get it below 95%, so that will put me at the middle of December when I make the payment that gets it there. A nice FICO bump would be a very nice Christmas present, but I would definitely take one sooner for it being below 100% for sure. We'll see what happens. Smiley Happy

Hey LOTR, I seriously don't know why I fixated on the 95% mark when you referred to 90%. Airhead, I guess! I'll still keep you posted, and I'll track the percentage and any FICO score movements that are a direct result of this loan's balance being updated with the CRAs each month. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ 680, TU 653, EX 685

Hey LOTR, I seriously don't know why I fixated on the 95% mark when you referred to 90%. Airhead, I guess! I'll still keep you posted, and I'll track the percentage and any FICO score movements that are a direct result of this loan's balance being updated with the CRAs each month. Smiley Happy

LOL!  Hey, I caught that, but the break point could very well be 95% as I only guessed at 90%. Smiley Wink  I can see your tracking this being very useful to a lot of users on this forum.  Especially as it gets more and more paid down. You may be in the very unique position of finding breakpoints not popularly known yet. I see lot of data points being posted by you in your future.  Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.