Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: October 2018 Check-In Thread

Excop01,

Congratulations on the progress! For your discover card how long have you had the account open? I recently Recieved a $1450 increase from them and it felt good to finally receive some love and know that I’m on the right track. Applying for new cards may drop you some points initially due to inquires and age of accounts but it recovers with time.
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:
Emtwo,

Congratulations on the cli’s!

@Anonymous wrote:
Emtwo,

Congratulations on the cli’s!

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I wanted to join this group to continue to reach my goals. Is it ok if I ask for help on how to increase my scores?
Message 14 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I wanted to join this group to continue to reach my goals. Is it ok if I ask for help on how to increase my scores?

Sure!

Your best bets would be to post negatives over in Rebuilding, and general questions typically in Understanding FICO Scoring when it comes to how to improve scores.

        
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 16 of 25
134Sparks
Valued Member

Rev,

Well the day has finally come, the Chapt 7 BK is in the rearview mirror. Scores jumped up to 840 across the board. Now the next goal is to make sure Lexis Nexis has the information removed from my file. Thank you everyone for your help along the process, what an education....! They should save the BS courses in school and teach this as a manadory class before graduation. But then the 1% er's would not be happy!!!! I have to say out of all the creditors rebuilding NFCU was the best gig going. Chase the absoulte worst. Good luck everyone keep the faith. Thank you again to all that have guided me thru the proess, its appriciated.

Message 17 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@134Sparks wrote:

Rev,

Well the day has finally come, the Chapt 7 BK is in the rearview mirror. Scores jumped up to 840 across the board. Now the next goal is to make sure Lexis Nexis has the information removed from my file. Thank you everyone for your help along the process, what an education....! They should save the BS courses in school and teach this as a manadory class before graduation. But then the 1% er's would not be happy!!!! I have to say out of all the creditors rebuilding NFCU was the best gig going. Chase the absoulte worst. Good luck everyone keep the faith. Thank you again to all that have guided me thru the proess, its appriciated.

Whee, congrats!  Is a great feeling getting clean after so long in the derogatory scorecards.

        
Message 18 of 25
Caramelhunnyva
New Contributor

Still trying to stay the course by making on time payments and saving money. For a few months I was disappointed in how slow this process was in rebuilding. My score seems to increase by a point here or there or not at all. The forums help me a great deal, just by knowing there is hope and by educating me on the credit rebuilding process. Thank you guys!
Starting Score: 499
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 19 of 25
itsnew
Contributor

I’m 4 months in to gardening my score have gone up over 30 points no baddies on report and trying to focus on reducing debt.

Any other suggestions for improving scores?
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.