Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Re: October 2019 Check In Thread

I have two accounts that are under a year old.  

This is has be holding me back a little.   (yes I am still miffed over my 796 staying a 796)

Anywho, it's Monday!

Have a great day, Challengers.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 61
devilnic
Contributor

Although my scores will drop soon from 2 new cards I am happy with my progress this year. I have paid half of my debt down, I have received 4 new cards that I wanted this year and with those new cards I'm going to be able to pay down the rest of my debt faster!! My next goal after gardening for several months will be next year's challenge and that will be to buy a new house. SO yes this has been a good year to focus and pay down my finances and go back to the garden. I hope everyone is achieving their goals this year.

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 32 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@devilnic wrote:

Although my scores will drop soon from 2 new cards I am happy with my progress this year.Congrats on the new cards! I have paid half of my debt down Very good! I have received 4 new cards that I wanted this year Again, congrats!and with those new cards I'm going to be able to pay down the rest of my debt faster!! Keep on Truckin' My next goal after gardening for several months will be next year's challenge and that will be to buy a new house. Best goal ever, will follow your progress...be sure to keep posting.SO yes this has been a good year to focus and pay down my finances and go back to the garden.We have a few hiding behind the Scarecrow, come join us....we'll keep each other entertained- somehowSmiley Tongue I hope everyone is achieving their goals this year.Woot!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 33 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

I have two accounts that are under a year old.  

This is has be holding me back a little.   (yes I am still miffed over my 796 staying a 796)

Anywho, it's Monday!  "Anywho!"  hahaha,  I just like that, idk why.Smiley Tongue

Have a great day, Challengers. You too, or great week!

Message 34 of 61
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Doing great, I am actually ahead of schedule on goal chart/plan I created. I receive notification 3 days ago that MyFico score jumped up 30 points. Sent some more letters out yesterday and made some fruitful calls. Still need to earn some more cash to pay off a few more tradelines. So will spend they day today posting items for sale on Letgo, Poshmark, and craigslist. Also will try to earn a few more dollars with my side gigs. Have about $1500 more to pay off then will solely focus on GW'ing the heck out of everyone.  

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a month so far! After that score dip from last month I recovered and managed to get right back to where I was before it happened. I now have four prequalified/preapproved offers from Chase - the slate, freedom, freedom unlimited, and sapphire preferred. CapitalOne also miraculously and randomly increased my credit limit from $300 to a whopping (for me) $1800! I can't believe it! I'm still in shock! I checked my email this morning and there it was Smiley Very Happy Once I clear off one more collection from my report and pay off my balance on one of my store cards I think I'm going to try for the Sapphire Preferred. I now only have zero inquiries for Equifax, two inquiries for Transunion, and three inquiries for Experian. Yay! I checked (as I always do) and no prequal yet from Amex but I'll get there. Now to just patiently wait for my Discover to graduate. I'm feeling good!

Message 36 of 61
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

My goal was to get rid of my Capital One Platinum VISA card with a $5 monthly fee and no rewards. I still have a Quicksilver card earning rewards and no fee so I will keep that card. My FICO scores are in the 830+ range so I applied for a travel card, NFCU Go Rewards AMEX card and was approved for $23,000. Cancelled my oldest Capital One Platinum card. I also want an airlines card that does not have a AF of more than $100. I am eyeing Hawaiian Airlines and Delta Airlines at the present time. 

I hit my goal of a total credit line of $105,000. Now my goal is to reduce my APR on my credit cards (except for gasoline cards). 

Message 37 of 61
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Edging and edging.....oh so close

My lowest F8 scores last month were 790.  They have crept up this month to 795.   My highest F8 was 796 which has not moved as you have maybe heard me lament about.

SO FREAKKKKIINNGGGG CLOSSEEEEEEEE.

My F9 and Vantage Fako's are already over 800.    I just need to push a little harder on these f8s....

Ahhh push it...PUSH IT reeeaal Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

Ahhh push it...PUSH IT reeeaal Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Thanks, now that's stuck in my head! hahahaha (better than Baby Shark I suppose)Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread is awesome!

So far, I'm semi holding true to my going as long as I can without applying.

Out of curiosity, I tried to see if I pre qualified with Marcus personal loans (they kept emailing me!!) and I considered using it to get a decent new car. It was a soft inquiry so no real hit, but they did get a hold of my Transunion score which showed 610!!!!

Currently, I haven't seen my updated score yet, so the score I have at Transunion is 582 (which is also my lowest score of all three), so if 610 is my new score... that's incredible!! Maybe all three of them are over 600 now?

I'll update on that one. Happy Tuesday!
Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.