Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2021 CheckIn Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

October 2021 CheckIn Thread

october.jpeg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: October 2021 CheckIn Thread

October the month of beautiful leaves, warm days and cool nights! Pumpkins in the patch and goodies for your efforts on "All Hallows Day" ...

Oh, don't forget to tune your credit and keep earning those credit bureau points Smiley Happy

Enjoy the fall of the year! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I'm new to the FFC, but thought that I'd begin and give my October 2021 update. My starting score is my all-time low since I started tracking. I plummeted to EQ 469 on August 18, 2011, after achieving a high of EQ 790 in 2008. Until mid-2015, it was a bumpy ride, as I was recovering from a failed business.

I have never been a big credit seeker, although I would love to have my credit limits doubled or more. I'm looking to get to 800 across the board. My AAoA is 8.5 years, so anything much higher than 800 is a long way off.

I plan to keep my nose clean and garden for a few months more.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejerfeel free to read around the Forum and ask questions. Many people have knowledge you may find of use. As for myself it took some time to get my scores up to your goal score.

Others were able to learn and work on their credit with a decent turn around on score improvement that was much shorter than mine. Ask away for idea on the thread that fits your needs and let the MyFico Forum provide insight.

Sure wish I had known about this Forum years ago!

Message 4 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous, I have spent quite a bit of time on these forums, just not a lot lately. I expect that I will hit 800 on at least one CRA (EX likely) by year's end. EQ won't be far behind.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
@Anonymous, I have spent quite a bit of time on these forums, just not a lot lately. I expect that I will hit 800 on at least one CRA (EX likely) by year's end. EQ won't be far behind.

Grats on your work getting to 800 soon ...

Also, ByrdMan I see you have been around since 2007 and were a Moderator once upon a time! Not aware until now ...

Message 6 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

.Also, ByrdMan I see you have been around since 2007 and were a Moderator once upon a time! Not aware until now ...

Oh wow!  Hello Big Dawgs!  Smiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Okay..well...I'm checking in.  Same song and dance as before but this time I think if I were to add one more card I'd vomit all over the place. tmi? Smiley LOL

I am happy to see more inquiries disappearing.  In 6 months I'll have so many gone, more than half, that that's my new goal now.  I don't even care about scores anymore. Well, I'm good where I'm at and don't see a need for anymore credit of any kind any time soon.  Just maintain and improve my looks. Inquiries and avg. age that is. Smiley Tongue  Some things do improve with age...others..blah!  Have a happy day everyone.

Post your baby steps and all so I have something to read!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

Grats on your work getting to 800 soon ...

Also, ByrdMan I see you have been around since 2007 and were a Moderator once upon a time! Not aware until now ...

Yes sir. Spent a lot of time on these forums, both learning and passing on my knowledge. Was really active from end of 2007-2009/10 or so. Really enjoyed the great people here. Life happened after that and been picking up the pieces and rebuilding...everything. 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Okay..well...I'm checking in.  Same song and dance as before but this time I think if I were to add one more card I'd vomit all over the place. tmi? Smiley LOL

I am happy to see more inquiries disappearing.  In 6 months I'll have so many gone, more than half, that that's my new goal now.  I don't even care about scores anymore. Well, I'm good where I'm at and don't see a need for anymore credit of any kind any time soon.  Just maintain and improve my looks. Inquiries and avg. age that is. Smiley Tongue  Some things do improve with age...others..blah!  Have a happy day everyone.

Post your baby steps and all so I have something to read!

As you know we need to serve our time and Garden along the way. Over time you have accomplished a lot and it took a steady hand at the helm. End results are your reward! Loosing all those inquiries likely will further your scores! Keep up the good work and helping others as a "role" model Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.