Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Check in Thread

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

October Check in Thread

Hello fellow myFICOers.  Hope this new month is treating you well.  This thread is for you to type your goals, progresses, and thoughts for the month.

Halloween is this month, hopefully no credit horror stories for our friends!  So come on in, type a few lines and let us know how you're doing.

Shogun

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: October Check in Thread

This month I've already started to pay off balances I accumulated on my vacation. To date, I've paid off 4 cc's and received sp cli's on 3 cc's. Yes, I've been busy!

I plan to pay off 3 more cc's by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone this month!
Message 2 of 51
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

September was a good month for me credit wise. I was able to have 4 collections removed from my reports and during the month of October I will continue working on getting more baddies removed. I will be in the garden for a while so I'm just working on clearing up my reports for now. Within the last month my Equifax Fico has went from 640 to 679 and hopefully all my scores will continue to increase. As usual congrats to those who have accomplished their goals and good luck to those who are in the process of doing so!

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 3 of 51
Maeven

Hi i am just getting started trying to repair my credit. Its pretty bad 589 . I have alot of collections for medical bills. My son was born sick. I paid over 10,000 in Medical bills but couldnt afford the other 5,000 dollars. I have 16 negative on my credit. I had 5 removed last week. So down to 11 now. And Im going to try and remove 4 more by the end of the month if the creditors work with me.
Starting Score EQ-589
Current Score EQUIF- 613 TRANS-675 EXPER- 626
Goal 700
Message 4 of 51
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Hi all, 

----You all have been a true motivation for me! Thanks...

Background--I am trying to purchase, build, and move into my first home (USDA) before December 2014.

I am trying to clean up my credit and get my FICO scores to 680+ so there are NO questions around lender approval.

October Progress

MD Tax Lien Paid/Released- Tax lien removed from all 3 CR!!!

Got PFD from First Financial FCU- Charge OFF; should be off my CR at the end of the month.  Smiley Happy---its still there. 

Sent TU dispute for all report innaccuracies- UPDATE: 11 of 18 were deleted!!!! 10/11 Sent 3 more disputes to TU and 10 to EX

my Fico Oct 10/25/13 TU 616 EQ 621 EX 620--average 20 point boost since 9/27/2013

Victoria's Secret- CLI from 100 to 300--sent GW letter to remove 2 30- lates for 2011--UPDATE 10/20: VS Responds no late removal...I need another contact.

Cap1 Platinum- CLI from 500 to 750

New Cap1 Journey Card- $1000 CL

New Barclays MC- $500

New Target- $200 (Why so low?)---UPDATE 10/20 Still not showing on CR

Berks Credit & Collection- GW letter to delete account from 2012 (paid 8/13)--UPDATE: Gone from TU

RA Rogers- GW letter to delete account from 2012 (paid 8/12)--UPDATE: Gone from TU

Credit Control Corp- GW letter to delete account from 2010 (paid 6/12)-10/20 They responded to the GW letter and deleted one of the two accounts listed. Deleted both on EQ not sure about the other 2...

Next Steps

2 collection accounts fall off this month--UPDATE: Both Midland accounts have new dates!!! OMG; 10/20 sent DV--Filed BBB complaint

1 collection account falls of next month--Only listed on TU

No more new credit--got 3 new ones this month; finance guy said I needed to get a few credit cards

$2700 Fairfax County Judgement-UPDATE: 10/18 Settled with CA for $3105---Sent GW Removal Request FCO is a tough cookie

$6800 Calvary Recovery- Set up payment arrangement before 12/30--UPDATE 10/18 Sent DV

Keep credit card utilization under 10% and start using the ones I haven't touched in a while

Review Experian report (update inaccuracies) 10/11- Online dispute for 10 paid collection accounts

Continue sending GW removal letters 10/11 and 10/25 sent GW letters to VS, Cap1, Suntrust, Portfolio, FCO, and everyone else; GW removal of late payments

Good luck all, I will check in again each week. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 5 of 51
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Maeven wrote:
Hi i am just getting started trying to repair my credit. Its pretty bad 589 . I have alot of collections for medical bills. My son was born sick. I paid over 10,000 in Medical bills but couldnt afford the other 5,000 dollars. I have 16 negative on my credit. I had 5 removed last week. So down to 11 now. And Im going to try and remove 4 more by the end of the month if the creditors work with me.

Congratulations on the birth of your son!  My son was 4 weeks early and he spent about 20 days in NICU...people don't understand how difficult it can be. I had over 50k in medical bills and I couldn't keep up....they started to look like duplicates after a while.  Call, e-mail, send letters, and they should be willing to work with you. 

Best of luck!  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 6 of 51
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

Well look at you trying to steal my monthly Thunder.

Hope everyone had a positive September, and subtracting the cost of candy and costumes, looking to save, pay and increase in October.

Message 7 of 51
James82
Regular Contributor

Sorry I'm a little late to the party.... I wanted to join the Fitness Challenge earlier but thought that October would be a good starting point. So here I am.

Late August we had a bit of a scare when our mortgage company double charged us for our mortgage and we didn't have enough in the bank to cover the second payment that posted. We basically lived for a week without spending anything and that was my eye opener. I don't want to feel helpless like that again and we just proved to ourselves that we don't need to spend as much as we have been spending.

We had high credit card debts so we had nothing to fall back on, one of our vehicles we pay on was in rough shape and needing repairs, I had worked out a payment plan with the mortgage which ended up putting the mortgage 30 days past due, our financial future looked horrible and I felt like I was failing as a provider for my wife and kids.

I needed a way to restart. I read and read and researched and came up with what I thought was our best option to start over. I ended up cashing in some of my retirement investments. Not something I'm proud of but the interest rate on our CCs far out weighed the money I was making on my investments, plus it'll free up some funds to invest more. So that's what I did. I took a dispersement to cover CC debt and just a little padding. I'll list what I did below.

September Goals:

• Pay off $11k in CC debt (Achieved)
  • Pay off %9.9 car loan with $5k balance (Achieved)
  • Start the process of negative removals from reports
  • Initiate mortgage refinance

September was an INSANE month for me. I paid off all our CC debt, paid off one of our car loans and believe I am having the only open collections on our reports removed. Won't know for sure until this month or next... I also locked in a %4.875 refinance on our home. Slightly higher than I had hoped but our LTV is over %125 (bought the house in 07... ugh). I plan to pay the same payment we pay now and we'll have it paid off in less than 20 years.

October Goals:

• Apply for 2-3 new credit cards after balances update (Walmart for TU score and some type of reward card I'm undecided on still)
  • GW 30 day late on JBR account (only blemish on the account and have had it for 5+ years)
  • Start an account with a Credit Union

Goals before 2014

• Purchase a new van
  • Bring all credit scores above 680
  • Open collection removed from reports (in process)

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 8 of 51
RainaB13
New Contributor

myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score:742
Next Goal Score:782
Increase goals to 850, with each goal apply for a CB card & continue applying for CLIs every 6 mos.
Study forums & ask the community for advice on when to apply, etc.
Message 9 of 51
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: myFICO Fitness Challenge

@RainaB13 wrote:
Current Score:742
Next Goal Score:782
Increase goals to 850, with each goal apply for a CB card & continue applying for CLIs every 6 mos.
Study forums & ask the community for advice on when to apply, etc.

Bear in mind that 850 is a theoretical maximum. In practice with FICO 04 scoring, nobody ever has (or ever will) achieve it. The practical maximum (again, FICO 04 scoring) is 818 for EQ, and I believe somewhere in the mid 830's for EX and TU.

AFAIK the highest FICO 04 scores ever recorded were 834.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.