Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2018 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2018 Check-In Thread

September is shaping up just the way it needed to for me to get into the house.  Started in August of last year with a middle score of 640.  It's currently sitting at 682 and not all of my cards are showing as reported.  My FICO 8's went from about 660 middle to 723 middle.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

I’ve been waiting on this check in and this is my first. I had great success over the past month. I was able to get my one and only collection removed and saw an increase of 70pts on TU and EX (EQ collection was never reported). I was elated when I saw my score jumped. To get the collection removed I called email and sent letters. I only went through one round and succeeded.

My utilization was 90% in August it is now at 58%. I’ve been keeping to my goal of paying $100 a day. I also increased a couple credit card limits to a total of $8950: Macy’s increased 3k, Bloomingdales 4K, Nordstrom 500, Discover 1450. Still working on increasing Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, Amazon, Capital One. I also Recieved a $1200 increase on PayPal credit, but it does not report to credit bureaus.

I applied for LOC on Tally App. It was a very simple process and was a soft pull. I Recieved $4k for 14% apr. Lower than credit cards and will use it to pay off higher interest cards. I don’t plan to have the balance for more than 2-3 months.

I still am trying to increase scores to 750’s before apping for my dream cards Platinum Amex, Hilton Aspire, Chase Reserve. Interestingly, I have a green check mark ✅ for your offers in my Chase credit card “your offers” area for chase preferred and chase reserve. I’ve read many posts stating that’s a good sign to get approved. I’m nervous I really don’t want to get denied. I’m trying to up all my limits to get to 10k. My highest limit is 6k but probably doesn’t count because it’s a store card.

I lowered my discover apr to 19.99 I believe it was 21.75. I was going to close my FirstPremier credit card and credit One but they offered no credit fees for a couple months. I plan to close once my other limits are higher.

On another note, my mom thinks I’m obsessed with credit. I’m not I’m just learning a lot and improving my score which gives me joy. I think she is secretly jealous as her credit is not good right now due to Bk and collections. I’m sure if her score was higher or she saw improvement she would understand or be more happy for me.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: August 2018 Check-In Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

yay! I just pulled the trigger and applied for a venture one and I got approved for $1000! I was nervous and wasn't sure but I did it anyways - I did this after I applied for my private student loan which I really needed to apply for. I applied to two companies and was feeling bumped that it will impact my credit I have been working so hard to build and I thought why not just go for it and boom! I got approved excited.

I also pulled the trigger for a discover it card and got approved for $500 CL which I'm excited about. I am thinking about closing my high-interest rate cards: Credit One and Blaze Master Card - I will wait for a few months and just close them after my credit has pumped up to meet my goal. I have done a lot of pull, I will now stop and work with what I have.

Call credit one and ask to close they may offer you no fees and higher limit. That’s what they did for me. If you hold balances on the other cards and closing this card would put you over 30% utilization or if you are over 30% utilization already I wouldn’t close but that’s only if the fees are waived. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first-ever check in! I'm excited to get started!

My baseline for 2018 starting out was 645 (as you can see in my signature), and my score has risen only about 32 points so far. One major reason was because I went on a cruise in May and had large amounts left over on my card when I got back. I've paid that $1k down, though, and currently only have $50 on that card! One big development was that my Credit One card that I got earlier this year raised its limit for 6 months of on-time payments from $2k to $5k! I also applied for my first AMEX card in August and got approved for $5k out the gate! I currently now have 4 credit cards and won't be looking to add any any time soon, I'm very happy with the amount of credit I've got so far, about $13k total. I'm honestly surprised I have that much given my age. 

My hope is to keep everything on track and break 700 this year, which has been elusive for me for a while. Last month was the first time I broke into the 'good' category of credit ratings, so I'm excited! 

Thanks for sharing this! Smiley Happy

I am shocked to read that Credit One gave you a CLI to $5K -- I thought the max. CL for that card is $3K. 

Congrats on the AMEX approval! Smiley Wink

I’m shocked as well for the credit limit credit one gave you. Was the increase for free? I always have offers for an increase but at a $25 charge.... never! Anyways that’s good for you. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emtwo,

Im glad you stuck to closing credit one. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

So my Transunion score just plummeted 68 points - credit factor? I have to check my payment history - I have not been late paying anything recently. The late payment that shows on my credit report is from 2015 and 2016 - two to three years ago. I have not been late since. And...it shows on my credit report that the accounts are current. 

The one thing I do know is that I have applied for a lot of credit in this month - about 6 but I don't think it would be brought down so low???

Has this happened to anyone before? I've been working so hard...ugh! 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.