Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2019 Check In Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: September 2019 Check In Thread

@Anonymous wrote:
So that's high for a first business card?

It is for me.  My Spark is 2k.  Couldn't get the Lowe's amex, got the Pro's at 2.5k.  Those are my first.  But yeah, I think you're doing great!  Others have higher but we gotta start somewhere and you're leading the pack in my eye.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 57
calyx
Super Contributor

My bad accounts aged off of EQ last month, but I didn't check scores (I'm trying to get in the habit of doing that less).  I planned on checking this month on the 5th (tomorrow) since it will be exactly one year since I first signed up for FICO scores to see the difference.

My USBank graduated last month (my request, and a HP,  dangit) Also!  Citi informed me I'll be graduating, and I'll be curious to see when I get that card.
And my student loans are down 30% in less than a year, when it reports this month.

Last year, when I joined the MyFico community, my goal was to hit 680 within a year.  In January I decided I'd revise it to see 740.   So I've hit my number goals pretty handily.   Now I'm just gardening til December to get some of those INQs aged and I'd like to try for the SDFCU 2% card in 2020.   Should be interesting to see how I end the year since everything is going so well now!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 57
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

7 Freaking Ninety stupid 6

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH    Just got my first f8 of the month that is pretty well up to date except being 1 account and a 10 dollar balance away from being a AZEO report and I am at 7 9 6.

Ugh.  Soooooooo close......

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 57
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Hello everyone!

My last check-in was in July, I posted a 12 point increase 508 to 520. I have been slammed with work so haven't been monitoring my credit or score since July. But I have kept up with my monthly goals. I just checked my reports and received alerts that 4 charge offs that I disputed was deleted. I wrote to Credit One bank 4 times and for a PFD and they said no all 4 times :/ so I am going to pay and try a GW letter after. I also received multiple score increase alerts Smiley Happy I will post a pic of one of the alerts below. August was a busy month, I paid off one loan and my largest credit card, but the loan does not report to my reports.  But I wanted to pay it off anyway, it's one less payment that I can use to pay off something else and also one less headache when I finally buy my first home. For September I have just made my 3rd payment on my education loan so looking forward to that agreement to have it updated/removed from my reports. My goal for this month is to pay off my 3 smaller credit cards, 2 cap ones and a SDFCU secured card. To help with this I have put up some stuff I own for sale, a van, brand new furniture, some original paintings, etc. Fingers cross some or all of it sells and I can pay off the cards comfortably. So excited about this increase 520 to 554!!! :0 just makes me even more motivated!

520 to 554 :o yay!520 to 554 Smiley Surprised yay!  

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 57
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Got my updated scores, and they're ... holding steady. My scores are held down by major delinquencies that are starting to age off (yay!) but I won't be rid of them until next spring. I've read here that there's an 80-100 point loss until the last delinquency falls off, which means I've just about hit the ceiling. Kind of a bummer, but nonetheless, it's nice to see those delinquencies disappearing even if the scores don't reflect the changes. Maybe I'll rethink requesting EE.

Message 15 of 57
brandonm
Valued Member

@brandonm wrote:
I’m very excited about my progress this month. Last month, I mentioned a windfall that DW and I received. We used a lot of it to pay down our revolving debt, which was over 100% util. (We’re 21, and didn’t quite grasp the importance of credit until about a year ago, then it took us a few months to do something about it.)

My reports are showing a score change of +40EX, +34EQ, +20TU. (All Fico8). My utilization changed from roughly 105%, to 52%. Mind you, this is what’s showing on the reports.

In actuality, since I’m waiting for statements to cut and report, I’m at roughly 3% util overall, and 37.5% on my Bofa card. Why I left such a high balance on such a low limit, I have no idea. It’ll be a squashed balance soon enough, I’m not worried about it.

I’m glad I was able to see decent progress so soon, it’s motivating to me.

Just found out this AM that Experian went up another 25 points to 667. Util is now reporting under 50%. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy

I'm new to the forums here (trying to figure out some of the code words and acronyms...lol "gardening"??) and have been working on my credit for the last year or so here and there. Taking it much more seriously the past couple of months. Although I went on a binge applying for credit/loans in a very unwise way of trying to figure out how to consolidate some debt and refi my house (which we never did so I just have those inquiries sitting on my report now...ugh!). 

I am happy to have gotten both the Chase Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire Preferred this month. I applied for them back to back (not sure how smart that was lol!) but I was approved first for the Sapphire $9700 CL and denied immediately for the Unlimited. I called a few days later after I got my denial letter (for too many requests for credit) and explained to them that I want to use both cards for their different beneifts on some big purchases coming up. They did a manual credit report review and approved me...for only $3400 CL but it's a start. Unfortunately, a week later my husband and I thought it would be a good idea to apply for a business card for our auto sales business we're starting but was denied by both Chase (Ink Business card which I knew they would deny me since I just opened two cards with them. IDK why I even tried them) and also for the Capital One Spark. So... I know I need to sit still for at least 6 months before trying to move onto business credit cards.

I have 15 hard inquiries on my report from in the last 2 years...most of them in the last 6-9 months between the mortgage app, personal loan app and new credit cards. At the end of this year 3 of my current credit cards (Chase Freedom, PNC Bank Cash Rewards, and Amazon Prime Store Card) will pass the 2 year mark so looking forward to those inquiries dropping off and my average credit history length to improve. My total util is only around 8% right now so that's good. However, I have a $13,500 personal loan I used in Aug to consolidate some debt and take some extra cash that is not yet showing on my report. I'm curious to see how that affects things.

Sorry for the long intro but I'm excited about seeing my credit improve lol! Goals: 800 score and at least one business card w/minimum 10k limit. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@izzesparks wrote:

Hello everyone!

My last check-in was in July, I posted a 12 point increase 508 to 520. I have been slammed with work so haven't been monitoring my credit or score since July. But I have kept up with my monthly goals. I just checked my reports and received alerts that 4 charge offs that I disputed was deleted. I wrote to Credit One bank 4 times and for a PFD and they said no all 4 times :/ so I am going to pay and try a GW letter after. I also received multiple score increase alerts Smiley Happy I will post a pic of one of the alerts below. August was a busy month, I paid off one loan and my largest credit card, but the loan does not report to my reports.  But I wanted to pay it off anyway, it's one less payment that I can use to pay off something else and also one less headache when I finally buy my first home. For September I have just made my 3rd payment on my education loan so looking forward to that agreement to have it updated/removed from my reports. My goal for this month is to pay off my 3 smaller credit cards, 2 cap ones and a SDFCU secured card. To help with this I have put up some stuff I own for sale, a van, brand new furniture, some original paintings, etc. Fingers cross some or all of it sells and I can pay off the cards comfortably. So excited about this increase 520 to 554!!! :0 just makes me even more motivated!

520 to 554 :o yay!520 to 554 Smiley Surprised yay!  

Yay! I love seeing my score go up even if by a few points. Good luck on the sales! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 57
MediumTedium

Hello!

New to the forums, I improved my score by 30 points since last month to 712!

Last month I decided to get serious about improving my score. After I learned that you can just, ask, for a CLI I ended up increasing my available credit by $4800. Motivated, I went for the CSP and was approved! That's when I got the letter that told me I had a score of 678.

Now, the not so good news. I read up on Chase Ultimate Rewards and applied for the CFU...and was denied. Called recon twice but both times "too many accounts with balances". I was at 22% util overall but two cards were at 60-70% (early cards with low limits). So, I found the Amex Everyday 25k bonus offer, applied and was approved! So now I'm transferring these balances for 0% for 15 months and bring this card to 34% (interest-free). After this move, I'll only be carrying an interest fee balance with an 8% util overall.

Overall it's been a good month, this forum has been an invaluable resource as a lurker so I can't wait to see what comes out of being a participating member!

tl;dr: Increased limits, opened CSP, denied CFU, approved for ED, transferred two 60%+ balances to bring ED to 34%. Overall util is now 8% with the highest being the ED at 34% and only carrying a balance on a 0% apr card.

My next move is to aggressively pay down ED and look into the Amex Gold or continue with Chase trifecta.

Message 19 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great plan! I just got approved for the CSP and the CFU this week! I was very excited to say the least lol! Ive had the Freedom card for almost two years so it was def a welcome upgrade for me. 😊
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.