Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2020 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

September 2020 Check In Thread

download.jpg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins are optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2020 Check In Thread

Here we are half way through the day of September 1st and no one has joined me with their truths for September.

For openers, my credit life has been static. No credit seeking, no credit line increases but I tried "denied" and  in our more conservative financial world lenders may actually be looking at  DTI, available open credit lines, income and loyalty (oops that one slipped out), and profitability.

No plans to do more than pay down on my BT I used for windows in the house and make some charitable donations. Also, to increase my tax with holding as I sure don't want the governments to be short of funds.

Lastly, thanks to other posters and Doctor of Credit I do plan to pursue a JP Morgan Chase Freedom Flex Mastercard as it has great benefits! Take a look and consider it?

Let's hear from some of you ... your credit path may be of interest too! Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Hope everyone is doing well!  .. Hard to believe Sept. is already upon us.

How time fly's when you are on lock down having funSmiley Happy

Wishing everyone a great September.

PS: Look's like @Anonymous is trying to tempt me into a new Chase cardSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my 1st ever check in. After 10+ years of using all cash, Last year I finally got my 1st auto loan at the age of 39.  This year I have worked hard to add another vechile on. At this time I am working on closing on my 1st mortgage. 

I didn't think I needed credit. I might not but it has made my life easier. Now its trying to keep my credit score up and climbing.

I would like to see a 760-780 in the next 6-12 months.

Message 4 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous welcome emoticon.gif To The Forum!

Message 5 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Dang, it's hotter than hell and half of GeorgiaSmiley Mad hope you're all cool and covid free.  Only credit news I can use is that I was able to gain back 8 of 10 pts. lost from 3 new tl's reporting recently.  Funny how inquiries quit counting after a "certain" amt.....almost inspires me to app freely, lol!  I won't!!!!  

Good Luck to All that read this and stay safe, healthy, and happyHeart

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Hi Everyone!  Dang, it's hotter than hell and half of GeorgiaSmiley Mad hope you're all cool and covid free.  Only credit news I can use is that I was able to gain back 8 of 10 pts. lost from 3 new tl's reporting recently.  Funny how inquiries quit counting after a "certain" amt.....almost inspires me to app freely, lol!  I won't!!!!  

Good Luck to All that read this and stay safe, healthy, and happyHeart

"inquiries quit counting after a "certain" amt.....almost inspires me to app freely,"

@GApeachy, Ha! .. I did that for about 15 months, the problem is most lenders are pretty tight right now.

(It is nice when you don;t take scoring penalties anymoreSmiley Happy)

I have a bunch of inquiries becoming un-scoreable from now until the end of the year.

Can actually see light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Message 7 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I have a bunch of inquiries becoming un-scoreable from now until the end of the year.

Can actually see light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

That's great Smartie, be interesting to see the score change!  I lose 7 next month.  17 total in the next 6 months. Yay!!!!!  LOL......but I have plenty more where THAT came from! hahahaha!

Message 8 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here we are half way through the day of September 1st and no one has joined me 

Lol!  It's the heat Dinosaur......if I had remembered I'd joined you sooner, promise.Smiley Wink

So are those new windows saving you some cold-hard ca$h with cooling?

Message 9 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here we are half way through the day of September 1st and no one has joined me 

Lol!  It's the heat Dinosaur......if I had remembered I'd joined you sooner, promise.Smiley Wink

So are those new windows saving you some cold-hard ca$h with cooling?

@GApeachy, I bet they are in Winter timesmiley-laughing021.gif

(I think He lives in the Arctic region)

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.