Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2021 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

September 2021 Check In Thread

Debunking-Some-Bunk-Is-September-Really-That-Bad-a-Mont-440x250

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins are optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2021 Check In Thread

Oh my ... it is time to think about fall. Leaves falling from the trees warm days with cool nights. Cleaning out our gardens, preparing for that first early snow?

Good time to take a complete review of your finances to determine where you want to be by the end of the year.

Accounts to pay off, any new financial products of interest?

Least but not last ... your credit and what adjustments are in order?

For myself, no new credit products in sight but the door is open if the better mouse trap comes along? Will not be closing any accounts although I would really like to loose a couple as they are not rewards rich and mostly are in the sock drawer (except a purchase now and then to keep them from being closed). Sure with one lender (military) would up their game!
Message 2 of 9
OldLadyStartingOver
Established Member

HELLO SEPTEMBER🤗

I'm new to this challenge.  I started last month (last person to post on August check in).

Discharged from BKy 8/31 and as of today it shows only on Equifax.  Waiting for it to notate on the other 2.  I will check my scores and update my signature.  Also will check for errors.  First thing I'm hoping will be a better score then I will go for my first new CC (NFCU)...Happy Updates Everyone😉

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 000
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OldLadyStartingOver Welcome to a Forum that offers people with backgrounds in most every facet of credit, banking/financial institutions. As you work the recovery process feel free to source the many threads with your questions. Generally someone has been there and done it Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
RA26
New Contributor

August just kind of went along. I received another CLI, which is pretty awesome. One of my cards increased from $750 to $1800 which is great. Still haven't reported the increase yet, although all the other increases have finally posted. I'm stagnate at around 63% but that's okay. Paid off another small cc last month. The next card to be paid off by October.

September's goal is not to put anymore money on credit cards. I have been using a card and paying it off right after I use it for points, but I'm finding myself going over budget and having to pull the extra from other things that I am saving for. 

Hope everyone has a pleasant month and achieve your goals. 

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 9
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Woo hoo!! Thanks to all the great advice and sharing on this board here I am today 🥰🥰🥰E27CB294-6EE7-4D8F-B68D-80CD56A62B45.jpeg

Message 6 of 9
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

Hello y'all!

After a successful jump-start to rebuilding my credit file back in October 2020, and learning the basic strategies and routines, I paused the MyFICO subscription for 6 months.

The MyFICO subscription restarted on September 2021, so I can finally compare numbers 12 months apart.

(Spoiler alert: Two of my FICO 8 scores are in the 800 Club!!!, alongside (((13))) other scores!!!!)

My gardening goal is on track, but applying for a house refinance, and a new car will come before the year ends.

I wish y'all a great rest of the month, and for your baddies to fall off like autum leaves! 

Big hug and many thanks to those who have helped me get to where I am standing now!

AU:

Message 7 of 9
dublingreen

Difficult month!  I really can't sleep knowing my status but I am determined with great help of the community to establish baselines and work up from there.  As of 9/22/21 - FICO 8
Equifax - 581

TransU. - 602

Experian- 620

DTI - coming

65% Revolving

Need to

immediately pay down $2,001. I can't find a place to live as I have an eviction on my credit report I am challenging.  Currently Hotel hoping.  Oh the guilt and shame!  So many lessons learned.  Member of Navy Credit union and PenFed.  2 Secured Cards with Navy.  Goal is to have unsecured lines of credit to leverage and correct my situation.  Open to suggestions.  And I need help posting cards and my Data Poonts properly.  Grateful to everyone!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 9
CreditBones
Regular Contributor

@dublingreen wrote:

And I need help posting cards and my Data Poonts properly.  Grateful to everyone!

Here's the thread that covers how to add credit card images to your signature:

As a side note, being on this forum is already a win for your credit file! Things will get better! Just know that everything should be adapted to your personal case.

Best wishes!

AU:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.