Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2022 Check-In Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September 2022 Check-In Thread

@VanderSnoot

Lots of viewpoints on the closing of accounts.

Keeping cards with minimum use may take away from maximizing one's rewards goals. Then again, one needs to be aware of affecting "average age of accounts". Speaking on this, I had a closed Cap1 drop that was very old and my Ficos took a noticeable hit and today, I am still not at max on Ficos due to AOA (loss of this really old account).

For me, got tired of trying to keep all cards active in today's world where financials don't want cards sitting in the sox drawers (who can blame them?). Now truth, in the last five years I have culled the herd of more than five cards and lost over $80K in CLs. Did however pick up new cards that fit my spend pattern today and it works! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

officially reached 670 "Good" credit for the first time in my life on my Fico 8 score with Transunion according to the Discover app. I have hit the Good range a few times with my Vantage scores, and still trying to reach that goal with my Experian Fico 8. I dont have faith in Equifax...

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

@sportsguy83 wrote:

As expected my EX dropped 12 points (745>733) now that my Altitude Go reported. TU isn't updated but I'm expecting a similar drop.  I'm sure I'm getting dinged for the inquiry (TU), new account and high individual utilization.  Still pleased (finances over FICO!), only thing that will help is time.  On the positive side was able to pay off my small Upstart loan, so should get a minor bump for that next month.

TU dropped 30 points (753>723), I know it was artificially high so it didn't really drop that much but ouch! 

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 13 of 14
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

@sportsguy83 wrote:

As expected my EX dropped 12 points (745>733) now that my Altitude Go reported. TU isn't updated but I'm expecting a similar drop.  I'm sure I'm getting dinged for the inquiry (TU), new account and high individual utilization.  Still pleased (finances over FICO!), only thing that will help is time.  On the positive side was able to pay off my small Upstart loan, so should get a minor bump for that next month.

I have come to learn that the only thing that will help my profile is time as well (and patience). I will be updating my reports on the 30th and know I will be in the 700 club. AZEO (not counting Amex NPSL) and plan to continue to do this for some time. Score of 750 across - finances over FICO but I need just want to see those green circles all across. Looking forward to reading your posts (and all those in the challenge).

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.