Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September Check-In Thread 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: September Check-In Thread 2017

HI everyone!

Ive been able to dispute some errors in my report and 2 were removed.  I now have 3 things on there, 1 of which will be removed next year in May (7 years) and 2 of which I will be writing letters to pay for delete by the end of this month.

I wrote to all of the companies (good will letters) which reported a late payment but all said no.  I will just leave them and keep paying on time.  I have not made one late payment in a year and a half now.  My goal is to reach 750 by March of 2018 as I want to purchase my first home. 

I have credit card balances in which I am focusing on paying down to 30% by December and then completely paid off by February of 2018. I am currently at $2659.98 in credit card debt.  I will not be using my credit cards until they are paid off.  A trick Ive used is just leaving my credit cards at home rather than in my wallet. 

I cannot wait to get to at least 700 then I know I am almost there.

Good luck to everyone!!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't checked in for a while.  I requested several CLI and was approved on all of them.  Total credit limit is around $115K.  I have more than I really need now so just sitting back on those.  I got a different car in late July so several new inquiries and loan was added to my CR.  Scores didn't drop as much as I thought they would so that is good.  The car loan is for 7 years (ouch).  I had to get a new A/C in June and took advantage of a no interest financing for 12 months.  Been hitting it fairly hard and so should have it paid off by March.  Once the A/C loan is paid off, I'll take what I was paying on that and add it to my car loan.  I expect I should have the car paid off in 3 years.  I have been paying PMI on my house and it just went below 80%.  I requested the bank to remove it which they did.  I'll keep paying the same amount so the additional will be used to pay down the principle.  Probably going to sell it within 2-3 years to downsize into something smaller.  That's it for a while. 

Long story short, I had almost $22K in credit card debt with scores in low 600's.  I really took matters into my own hands to improve my credit.  After paying off credit cards and staying focus on what was really necessary in what I needed, my scores are in the 800's.  When I applied for my car loan, the loan manager said my score was the highest he's seen for quite a while.  So stay focused on what you need and I'm sure you will find it worthwhile in the long run.    

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Just mistakenly applied the extra $50 to one of my lower interest loans. Instead of giving up on the extra $50 going toward my higher interest  unsub loan, I went ahead and made an extra payment. Now my Dept of Ed loan is about $18 away from being right side up! Thank you, Anusara, for encouraging me! I hope by the time i post that I am officially ahead on this loan, you will be back on here live to hear about it!  You're the best! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Seriously late in this thread, life = busy.

All three bureaus whacked my tax lien about a month ago!  Started at a Corner Bakery wondering how to build credit efficiently since I realized paying cash for a house wasn't an option for me in S. Cali, registered for this forum 1 day later, and nearly 6 years down the road I'm virtually clean... or at least gold-plated on every score I care about.

Scores in siggy, plan is still to continue sitting on my hands not applying for anything so that when I do move (and seems like EVERYTHING is lining up against my staying in California) I will be as clean as possible.  Still have some inquiries laying around my files and having opened a pair of accounts in January that's a ding too, and a 30D late on TU I can't do anything about but it's not hurting me badly enough to worry about.

Either way my yellow brick credit road has been stupendously good and ain't no trouble this month either... happy happy joy joy!

        
Message 14 of 17
DollyLama
Established Contributor

June was my last check in, I was scared of scores due to utilization climbing in our kitchen flood. We were in a hotel for 9 wks, the only nice thing was meeting some cool people and becoming friends. Otherwise, dealing with contractors, delays, insurance, hotel housing, having to buy things not covered, new appliances, electricial upgrades to code, things that needed updating with new kitchen, pendant light, recessed lighting, ceiling fans, yada yada just made me cry when I saw my scores dropping. I still have things to buy, new blinds, window treatments. Overall I'm pleased with kitchen, just closed out claim this week. When we moved back in after 3 delays, we didn't have the appliances hooked up, they were missing cords, the electrical wasn't completely done, and had so call backs, no backsplash tile was even begun. I'm so relieved it's over. 

Then I worry now, with property taxes due next month, and Christmas ahead. I'm just so anxious to get really good scores, mostly mortgage scores. 

This month's report is good, but some things are not reporting correctly, a collection is either missing, or will pop back next month-it made a big impact being gone. Hoping and praying it's gone forever. 

Synopsis -

Last check in was June 23/2017

FICO 8, EQ 741, TU 751, EX 756, Mortgage scores were 671/739/675 3 INQ EQ, 2 TU, 1 EX- 1 collection $34 medical, no lates on regular credit, cards, loan

July 23/2017 FICO 8 EQ 738, TU 750, EX 747, Mortgage scores 666/743/675 inquires same as June (collection never reported to TU and reason for higher score)

Aug 23/2017 FICO 8 EQ 736, TU 743, EX 740 Mortgage scores 666/727 ouch/675 inquires same, same collection

Current scores as of today's report

Sep 23/2017 FICO 8 743. TU 741, EX 740 Mortgage scores 738/ 733/ 753 

Things that changed this month, 2 inquires aged off FICO 8, so current inquiries are 2 EQ, 1 TU, 1 EX, have not app'd since Apr 2017 so 5 mos in garden. 

I closed  a subprime card with AF fees credit card, it was one of my oldest, but same month that I opened an Amazon, so should not have that much impact.

Things that are screwy, one loan was bought from another company, they haven't reported last 2 months, nor has the new name been changed or added, and it would have put my updated balance under 49%. I was extended a line of credit increase on my Amazon soft pull no hard inquiry, still shows old line of credit. Guess will update October's reports. The card I did close is reflected. My collection, $34 I had waited, the OC had no record of me being treated there then, I contacted the agency, I gave my name, address, the amount, things I did not disclose but told them I would confirm if given (reason being I have a sis in law with the same last 4 letters of my First Name, not to mention last name and same address associated. They wanted my full social security#, um no, well how about your last 4 digits, no, you tell me, I'll confirm if correct, okay what is your date of birth, um no, you tell me and I'll confirm. I honestly think they didn't have any info other than my address and name. Told them I'm unaware of this account as is the OC too, send me what you have. 

Well, it was NOT the correct OC being reported for the last 10 months, it's some doctor in another state I've never heard of, evidently was not submitted to my insurance company, billed as DR. ____________ DBA _____________(Name of Hospital). I'm not even sure if that is even allowed to be "doing business as" a for profit hospital entity is permitted. So I'm not sure if it will reappear in a month with the real OC a Doctor. But with it poofing out this report my mortgage scores drastically changed, all over a $34 bill !  

The damage from the expenses has me with 2 cards of 5 reporting a balance, one at 49%, other at 29%. Yikes, but at least overall aggregate total is right at 19%. Must throw all I can manage on the 49% card. Would love to just be able to be AZEO <8.9 now to see my best optimal with the collection *knock* wood not reporting. Alas will be a few months with property taxes, car taxes in November, and Christmas will be slimmer this year. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tricie17 wrote:

I am doing okay overall.  The Bureaus are so back and forth on scoring that it is keeping me back from that upper level.  Credit is very stressful, I guess that is why I never had a credit card and paid cash.  I am trying to figure out how to advance those other scores along with my FICO 8.  My 8 is sitting pretty good in the fair range.  Oh, I finally was able to close First Premier and Matrix which I am so so so so happy about.  I will be back in some months with update.

It certainly can be...All we can do is what we can, the rest is out of our hands.

Hang tough! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HI everyone!

Ive been able to dispute some errors in my report and 2 were removed.  I now have 3 things on there, 1 of which will be removed next year in May (7 years) and 2 of which I will be writing letters to pay for delete by the end of this month.

I wrote to all of the companies (good will letters) which reported a late payment but all said no.  I will just leave them and keep paying on time.  I have not made one late payment in a year and a half now.  My goal is to reach 750 by March of 2018 as I want to purchase my first home. 

I have credit card balances in which I am focusing on paying down to 30% by December and then completely paid off by February of 2018. I am currently at $2659.98 in credit card debt.  I will not be using my credit cards until they are paid off.  A trick Ive used is just leaving my credit cards at home rather than in my wallet. 

I cannot wait to get to at least 700 then I know I am almost there.

Good luck to everyone!!

At the rate you're going, hopefully you'll be there soon than later.  Smiley Happy  I saw some nice points when I got my util below the 9% range.  Good luck!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.