cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

tag
jeishen

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2014!

The credit world was never really explained to me early on in my life. I was irresponsible and treated every credit card or credit offer I recieved as "free money." I got my first credit line at 18 and defualted on it in 2 months. I've spent years trying to ignore my terrible credit and insisted I didnt need credit. Now im in my 30s and looking to buy a house in the future. I spent a year unemployed with a family to support and decided I couldnt keep doing this to myself. Ive spent the last couple months going over my credit reports and trying to get things in order. I opened a secured credit card a couple months ago and continue to make progress towards setting things right. 

I thought it might help me stay motivated to join the challange. Im looking forward to getting past these "dark days!"

EQ 498

TU 578

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 498
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 91 of 488
elsenyor
Valued Member

I. AM. READY.

Those three words weren't possible for me to type a few months ago, when I was ashamed and in denial about my credit picture.  It was bad.  It still is.  But, belonging to this site these past 5 months has helped me feel better, do better, and start to get back on track.  Am I happy with my credit score? Heck, no.  But is is better than it was? Heck, yes!  I am, for the first time ever, truly optimistic that I will be able to buy a house this year, and that, finally, I will have tackled and once and for all fixed my credit monsters.

My goals for 2014, in no particular order...

1) Crack 620 on all three scores.

2) Keep educating myself by reading these blogs.

3) Graduate my two secured cards to unsecured cards.

4) No new apps until absolutely necessary!

5) Get a real credit limit, not the toy ones I have now.

6) Confidently walk into a bank, any bank and all, and get preapproved for a home.

I started this journey 5 months ago, in August 2013 at a measly 475 midscore.  By October, it was up to 501.  Now, it is 578.  I am diligent about checking my scores, scouring my reports for inaccuracy every two weeks, and disputing what I can, when I can.  I have learned that this truly is a continual process, and not a given.

Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to reading about your successes.

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 92 of 488
five20too

With the help of the MF forum and all of it's members, I am finally starting to understand how credit is calculated. Now my goal is to get all of my finances in order so I can reach my goal.

Starting Score: 632
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 760

Message 93 of 488
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the challenge to all!  Please check in regularly an dkeep us posted on your progress.

Good luck in 2014 and beyond.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 94 of 488
Howardudoing

Hello all.  I'm new to myFICO and happy to take the challenge.  I started in 12/28 with 629 middle FICO score (EQ).  After spending about month deleting four collections accounts and an IRS tax lien filed in 2012 as well as reducing UT to less than 10% and using a card that was dormant my middle FICO score is 739.   My FICO goal is now 800.   

Starting Score: 629
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 800

Message 95 of 488
sterl1002
Valued Member

Hi Folks,

I'm in my 20's and have been lurking around the forums the last month or so and have already learned so much! Thank You all Smiley Happy! The plan is to bring my scores up to get a auto loan at a favorable rate in 2015 and to payoff my CC debt so I can build up a proper savings account. Thanks again, and I look forward to learning more from you all in the coming months! 

Message 96 of 488
jonestyler22

Hey everybody,

I am new to the credit game.  I carried bad debt (car repo) around with me for years and just paid it off in fall 2012, and have been slowly building my credit back ever since.  I'd like to get my score up so that I can get a rewards credit card, buy a better vehicle, and own a home in 2015.  Think it's possible?  

Guns up, lets do this.

-T

Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 563

Message 97 of 488
Jaishelle

Hello,

My first financial goal is to raise my credit score to 600, for starters. This is the first time I've taken an interest in my credit. When I was 21 I filed for bankruptcy because  I had so much debt and didn't know what to do. I'm here to financially take charge of my life.

Starting Score: 554
Current Score: 552
Goal Score: 600

Message 98 of 488
Jddjr28

Hello. I'm new to this but I'm at the point in my life where I have had enough. Enough of people telling me no that I can't have that or I can't get that because my credit is not good enough. I am a 32 yr old man with a good job making 23 dollars an hour. I have a wife a seven year old son and a baby girl due in May and I want to get us into a house that we are buying and will be ours one day I don't want to have to rent for the rest of my life because I screwed up as a teenager/early adult. 

Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 577

Message 99 of 488
Libra85
Regular Contributor

I currently in the garden. My goal for this year is to make it to the 700 club and refinance my car currently pay 8% I started off December 2013 with a total of 11-14 baddies.  Since then all negative items on TU have been deleted.  I have 4 left on experian that will come off in Feb and I have 6 left on Exqifax. Since December 2013 I have added 12 new revolving accounts some SP some HP. I now have 20 revolving accounts. 4 of them I'm a AU. I have a total of 14-16 inquiries.  Only 2 will age off this year. 5 inquiries are from a car loan that I have with Chase. I also have a student loan that has been in good standing for 10 years. 

October 2021
Message 100 of 488
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.