Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

I've basically been in a FINANCIAL FOG for a looooong time.  Achieving a really good credit score was for other people to accomplish.  it always seemed like I was never going to be that person.  Then I came across the myFico forum and I really have hope.  So we'll see.

hubby and I are in foreclosure...since 2013.  Our mortgage has been sold at least 4 times and it is a mess.  All lenders are hell to deal with and we are currently battling over whether all of our payments are being reported.  The current lender, Selene Finance, is willing to modify mainly because we have been such a pain in the ass and filed a Temporary Restraining Order against them selling our house...so they know we are not rolling over!

In the meantime, my car broke down in early December...which may have been a blessing in disguise b/c that is what made me pull my credit report and see all the craziness....since my CU turned me down.  I got approved through Exeter via Carmax at 18.25%.  Not excited about the rate but I'm in no position to complain...so it looks like i'll take it...but will refi as soon as possible.

Also, started working on rehabbing my school loans (over $140,000.00 owed) thanks to all of the very informative posts on this site.

And applied for a secured credit card. 

All of this within the past five (5) days. 

Feels like a lot ...but I am SOOOOOOOOO overdue for a financial makeover.  Seriously.

I've just ignored it all because my husband and I make decent enough money that we've just paid cash for everything.  But as I am learning...sometimes that's not enough.

Goals:  Whip these school loans into shape, if at all possible., get a credit card (I do not have one), get a used car loan, raise my credit score to 600-650 this year.

Fingers crossed.

Message 11 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and the challenge.  I have been working to repair my credit using one of the free score sites for about 8 months now and finally gave in to get a more accurate picture of my credit.Historically I worked paycheck to paycheck, put myself through a bachelors degree as an adult learner, and just really started to get my finances in order over the last 6 months.

I have about 60k in student loans, no current car payment. I have 2 store cards and 2 CCs, keeping balance on 3 of them below 25% (one I am still paying off in chunks - >50% util). I have 6 collections records I am hoping to get cleared up - 2 disputed in 12/14, 2 wrote PFD in 1/14, and 2 I'm not really sure how to address.

Overall, my goal for 2015 is to reduce the number of collections on my file, work on rehabbing one of my student loans that went 60 days late due to a period of unemployment and stupidity, and try to raise my score to 700-720 across the board. Hopefully this is a realistic and attainable thing Smiley Happy I am also looking to purchase a new car between Apr-Jun so every little bit of head way I can make in the next few months is important.

Best of luck to everyone in getting financially healthy in the new year!

Message 12 of 406
crrredit
Established Contributor

I'm getting a bad HTML message when I try to copy and paste this code.

It deletes: img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">

Message 13 of 406
crrredit
Established Contributor

Got past the error message but the image is missing. System removed that part of the code

Message 14 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I was finally brave enough to take a look at my credit a few weeks ago after a few years of just ignoring collection calls and letters. I went through a couple bouts of unemployment and was basically just being young and stupid but now I am ready to dig myself out.

I'm very focused on getting my credit cleaned up. I have a budget that I have been sticking to for the last couple weeks. I feel more determined than I ever have before. Im glad I am tackling this now instead of letting it fester indefinitely because I have goals for my future (a new car, getting married, buying a house) and I want to become a financially responsible person.  I am very thankful for this site because I am learning things everyday and I know I can't go backwards with the new knowledge I have gained.

Good luck everybody! This is gonna be a good year!

Message 15 of 406
nonalrb
New Visitor

I would love to take part of the FICO Fitness Challenge 2015.   I plan on moving and would like to start fresh and on a good foot for the year.  All last year I struggled financially and it seem never ending but I feel really good about this year and my decisions.   Happy New Year!!!Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 670
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 16 of 406
crrredit
Established Contributor

tRe: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

Big Thanks to whoever helped me out with my signature image issues!

Message 17 of 406
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Well I started this challenge last year when my scores were high 400s, around 16 collections and a couple charge offs with a goal of reaching 600. I just hit 600 this week so it worked, although my Experian hasn't updated yet (got a recent charge off deleted) :-) :-) I am going to participate again this year. Currently my credit picture look a lot better. As far good with no lates/bads indicated:

Installments:
Student loans opened 2007, balance $1600.
Car loan Sep 2013, balance 17.5k
Car loan May 2014, balance 29k
Car loan March 2014-May 2014 $0

Revolvers:
Cap 1 secured September 2012, $50/$200
Cap 1 QS1 1/15, $0/$500
Overstock 1/15, $0/$250
Buckle 1/15, $0/$250
Cred 1 7/14, $200/$300
WalMart AU 10/14, $400/$600
VS AU 11/13, $400/$1000
Cred 1 AU 1/14, $290/$400

Bad:

Verizon CO 9/2013, $1164 EQ,TU,EX
Progressive CO 2014, $145 (can PFD) TU
Utility CO 2008, $89 EX (due to fall off 03/15)
Medical bill, $140 EX (might try HIPAA)

AAoA: Close to 2 years

Inquiries: TU 30ish and EQ 30ish EX 15ish
Around 15 are from rate shopping 09/13
Another 15 are from rate shopping 05/14

My plans are to refinance my cars next month with my CU since I'm paying 19% interest once credit cards are paid down and Verizon is paid. They offered me 3.75% once EQ reached 640, as low as 1.75% if I could get higher which I may pull off once I pay the Verizon account due to its under revolving debt and hurting my UTI% as well as paying all my CC off. Once I refinance I will garden all my cards and not apply for anymore credit until I work all or close to all of the inquiries off. I will keep trying to GW the Verizon account for a deletion. I hope to hit the 700 club this year as well :-D !
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 18 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year All!

I am a newbie and have no clue where to even start. I've had bad credit for 9 yrs, and I am looking to work on that really hard this year. I am looking to purchase a home soon hopefully this year and I vow to turn my credit inside out to how it should be. I have some Student Loans which are reporting rather negative and heavy inquiries that are affecting my credit. This year I will not run my credit at all, and will work on the revolving/installment account balances. Any tips at all that can be given to me in my journey to improve my credit please feel free to reply because I need all the help I can get, especially on how to maneuver and use the tools on this site. Good luck to all on your credit journey hope a year from now I can help others with what I went through succeed.

Message 19 of 406
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy New Year All!

I am a newbie and have no clue where to even start. I've had bad credit for 9 yrs, and I am looking to work on that really hard this year. I am looking to purchase a home soon hopefully this year and I vow to turn my credit inside out to how it should be. I have some Student Loans which are reporting rather negative and heavy inquiries that are affecting my credit. This year I will not run my credit at all, and will work on the revolving/installment account balances. Any tips at all that can be given to me in my journey to improve my credit please feel free to reply because I need all the help I can get, especially on how to maneuver and use the tools on this site. Good luck to all on your credit journey hope a year from now I can help others with what I went through succeed.

Hello and welcome to myFICO,

In my opinion you've found the perfect place to learn about proper debt and credit management. There is lots to absorb here so take your time and peruse all the boards to see what you think might interest/help you. Read, research, ask many questions, and get involved in the community.

Credit repair and rebuilding can be confusing and frustrating at times but if you're determined to succeed you will.

Two boards I will recommend you visit for sure are Student Loans and Rebuilding Your Credit. You'll get very good advice and suggestions about how to proceed.

Good luck in your journey!

Message 20 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.