Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

Hello all!

I want to join the 2015 Fitness Challenge. For the past 2 years, I have been diligently working on reducing my debt and improving my FICO scores. At the end of the month, I will have 1 credit card with a balance which throughout the year I will pay down until my utilization is below 15%. I am also taking the year to reduce my student loan balance by 50%. Both of these goals will be accomplished by making weekly payments.

What does accomplishing my goals mean to me? It means that, if and when, I decide to invest in a home I will be able to obtain an excellent interest rate and it puts me one step closer to obtaining my ultimate goal of financial freedom.

I look forward to collaborating with everyone throughout the year. Thanks for having me.

2015 Goals:

• Increase ALL FICO scores to 800.
  • Increase CLs across all credit cards.
  • Reduce my credit card balance and utilization below 15%.
  • Reduce my student loan debt by 50%.
  • Reduce interest rates on ALL credits cards.
  • Continue to use my credit responsibly.

Previous scores: Low 600s

Previous Goal: 750 ALL

Current scores: 12/31/14  EQ 748 II TU 764 II EX 750

Goal scores: 800 ALL

Overall Utilization: 14%

Message 41 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 goals:

• 3 agency FICOs >750 (12/2014: 694 TU and ~696 EX)
  • Credit card debt reduced by half (a little over $10k as of 12/2014 statement)
  • Overall util below 30%

These are all connected, obviously. The goal is really just to get out of CC debt without wrecking my credit.

Message 42 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings All!

This is the year to start making a come back and I'm excited for the journey ahead!

Goal for 2015 is to get everything situated to start repairing and rebuilding my credit.

Currently I have 1 credit card in good standing and many student loans in default, another credit card in collections (currently paying) and other small things I will be taking care of. A few days ago the wife and I spoke with a lender to look into buying a house. They pulled my credit at the time and it was 627, which was surprising. He said I needed 3 lines of credit open and would let me know what I may or may not need to do with my students loans. Also, regarding the student loans, they're not just in default but I had previously gone through rehab only to let them fall back into default status. My wife's credit is in the 720s, however, her current job of 5 months is a commissioned based job so we were told she'd need to be working there for 2 years before we could move ahead, or she'd have to get another job that's not commission based. I'd also be using the VA Loan to finance.

After finding out I'd need more open lines of credit in good standing I started doing some research (how I found myFICO). I applied for more cards and was denied for 3 but actually got another with a 1k credit limit. The card I already had was a Cap One card that has been growing since I got it and is now at 3k as of recent and I just received a congratulations email for my 2nd card through them that is starting me off with a 1k limit. As can be seen by my signature, my scores have dropped most likely due to my spree. I purchased the FICO scores through myFICO so I'll be keeping an eye on everything from here on out.

Looking forward to learning and building with everyone! Good Luck!!!

Message 43 of 406
prinsesa

Hello!

I am rebuilding my credit and decided to join the fitness challenge.Currently, I have 1 secured credit card but is thinking of getting another secured card since I doubt I will get approve for a nonsecured one.

Wells Fargo Secured Card - $500 CL

Starting Score: 429 EQ (06/27/2014)
Current Score: 528 EQ (01/18/2015)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never cancel a card. It will hurt your score. Just simply leave it alone.
Message 45 of 406
Mr_T
Established Member

I'm in...been a member for well over a year now but never really posted anything. Been reading tips and advice more than anything.

Paying down CC debt and getting utilization below 15% is goal #1. Currently have a hand full of cards that is a mixed bag of utilization.

Capital One with $1500 limit with $53 available
Capital One with $1500 limit with $850 available.
Merrick Bank with $500 limit with $69 available.

Express CC with $250 limit with 100% available.

J.Crew CC with $250 limit with 100% available.

Starting Score: 603
Current Score: 603
Goal Score: 700

Message 46 of 406
Pway
Valued Contributor

I'm excited about the fico fitness challenge.  I am a 30 year old male, banckruptcy discharged September 2014.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 47 of 406
ZsRebuilding1
Established Member

Hello all!

Completely excited to take the myFico Fitness Challenge!

This year, we're cleaning up our credit scores and trying to get into the 680 score range across the board. We started in October 2014, and we've currently moved up 55 pts pretty much across the board! We started at high 400s-low 500s, and we're now clawing our way towards our goal!

We've recently gotten our first credit cards, and started making headway on old, outdated things on our credit report. I hope to be home shopping by October! I love learning the ins and outs of the credit system, which, quite frankly, is something I couldn't give two hoots about before now. That's why I'm in this mess to begin with, but at least we're working hard to clean it all up.

Starting Scores: TU: 499 EX: 521 EQ: 519
Current Scores: TU: 616 EX: 576 EQ: 585
Starting Goal: 680 across the board
Message 48 of 406
Newsome21

Gonna give this a shot. I have been lurking for the past couple of month. Now, it is time to get motivated.

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 750

Message 49 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, been a lurker of these forums since late 2014 and my resolution for the new year was to get my finances under control.  Whether that is reaching my goal score or just making sure that I'm on the right path.

Message 50 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.