Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

tag
jasiono
Established Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2015

Well, I just wrote 4 letters to credit card companies in hopes of getting a goodwill adjustment on missed payments. I described my situation, made clear that I am not disputing the validity of the missed payments and I know that they are not required to forgive me on them.

I will be sending them out tomorrow Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to rebuild my credit and pay off all my credit cards so I can save up for a trip to Italy to see my daughter and grandkids.

Message 82 of 406
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Another round of the myFICO Fitness Challenge

This is my second (or maybe 3rd) challenge, and I have to say it works wonders.  I began my first challenge in 2008 I believe, and may have started another in 2012.  And though my scores are a little low now, it is primarily due to high utilization.  As a result of what I've learned on these boards, I have recovered from a BK and repaired my credit enough to purchase a house in 2013.  I spent on my credit cards this past year and feel as though I lost some of the disciplined I learned following the advice on these boards.

My goal is to pay down (off) credit card debt.  My BK will fall off of my report early next year.  I want 2015 to be the year I regain my credit mojo.

All I can say is that everything I have learned about credit in my adult life, I learned from this forum.  

I'm excited to be back in the challenge!

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 83 of 406
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I would like to participate this year in the challenge. Last summer my scores were in the 750 range and we had a severe hailstorm. I lost 4 cars, several windows in the house, and had many holes in the roof and the walls. The insurance covered the house much better than the cars. All the cars were not carrying full coverage and I still don't have them all repaired due to the high prices being charged. I had to buy new car so now I have an installment loan with a high balance. Of course this caused a few other expenses, and then in the fall I suffered a minor accident which made it difficult to cook at home. I've made heavy use of some of my credit cards, I make good payments but i can't PIF. The good news is I'm not behind on anything, I've never been late on any payments. I want to get my scores back to where they were last summer.

Message 84 of 406
Soni
Established Member

I am new to this challenge and looking forward to the work involved!! I started at 540ish last feb and now at 670 average of all 3 scores. I have cleanned up alot of collections and became current on all accounts as well as opening up credit accounts to build up my revolving account history due to not having any. Ready to kick butt and hit 750 this year lol!

curent scores as of today Equifax 650, Transunion 674, and Experian 686

Message 85 of 406
kinangie299

I'm so excited for this new year! I am buying a new house this year. My goal is to be ready by May. I simply need to pay down my credit card debt and I should be able to pre.-qualify for a mortgage. Buying a house would bring the comfort and space my family so desperately needs.

@09Lexie wrote:

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!
Can you believe we’re entering our sixth  year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge? If you have financial goals for the New Year, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What’s the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note, and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins for 2015. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO Siggy signature on your Profile page (Go to My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature so it directs to the current challenge. You can also tell us about your results in MyFICO Fitness Wrap Up 2014!   

Current FICO: TU 664, EX 664, EQ 681
Goal: 700
CC: capital one 4K, discover 5K
Message 86 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal for this year is to avoid taking on any new credit or adding any inquiries.

Message 87 of 406
ndmdl3
Established Member

I am looking forward to this challenge. I recently purchased a foreclosed house with the help with my dad. He financed the purchase but not through a conventional mortgage loan. He did a shared coverage loan through a local credit union but may name isn't on the loan ( insert sad face) so its not helping me credit wise even though I am making the payment. So my long range goal is to increase my score so that I can possibly see about getting a conventional mortgage to help fix up my new house. There is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel...looking forward to this challenge and my progress!

Starting Score: 505
Current Score: 525
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 88 of 406
coffeegal
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone - IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT BOOTCAMP! 

New to the Fitness Challenge!    I am VERY excited to improve my score:  EXP: 656   EQU: 597  TRAN 645   My goal is:  720 - which is what it used to be!  I had some questionable negative issues on my report that I was not aware of....It really pays to pay attention to your report!  I just read your post - coffeegal and see that your situation and original scores are similar  to mine.  Time to clean up my act!  I am impressed that you increased your scoress from 18-40 points.  I am excited about doing that!  I wonder how long it took you?   

It took me about 2.5 months.  In hindsight, I could have done it in 1.5 months, had I not have naively waited a month for the courts to report the lien withdrawal.  I found a lot of great information on this forum.  
Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 657 TU 627 EX 650 12/2014
Current Score: EQ 747 TU 748 EX 738 3/2017
Message 89 of 406
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all! I am excited to join this challenge and get my credit back on track. I filed bankruptcy on 12/24/14. My 341 was on 1/21 and last day for dispute is 3/23. By the end of 2015, I hope to have my scores at 630 across the board and have one of my student loans paid off.

Message 90 of 406
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.