Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

2018.png

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our 9TH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO Siggy signature on your Profile page (Go to My Settings=>Personal Profile=>Personal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature so it directs to the current challenge. You can also tell us about your results in MyFICO Fitness Wrap Up 2017!   

Message 1 of 265
264 REPLIES 264
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Think I missed the results post, move this if needed Smiley Happy.

Hahaha, I crushed it credit wise in 2017!  

As of this morning I beat my goal scores which I think is only the second time in my entire history on the forum I've made it... and this was something of a oujia board exercise anyway when I was guessing what it would be in 2018.

I absolutely do not know what I'm going to suggest as a target for next year is, it's probably going to go down somewhat as I expect I'm going to be leveraging my credit for something so I may just keep the same goal scores and try not to do anything too horrifically stupid with my credit next year.

Anyway year over year tale of the FICO score:

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.31.06 AM.png

Best of luck to everyone in the New Year both in credit and everything else!

        
Message 2 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Think I missed the results post, move this if needed Smiley Happy.

Hahaha, I crushed it credit wise in 2017!  

As of this morning I beat my goal scores which I think is only the second time in my entire history on the forum I've made it... and this was something of a oujia board exercise anyway when I was guessing what it would be in 2018.

I absolutely do not know what I'm going to suggest as a target for next year is, it's probably going to go down somewhat as I expect I'm going to be leveraging my credit for something so I may just keep the same goal scores and try not to do anything too horrifically stupid with my credit next year.

Anyway year over year tale of the FICO score:

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 11.31.06 AM.png

Best of luck to everyone in the New Year both in credit and everything else!

Well...somebody has started out the New Year  kicking butt and taking names! LOL!  Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 2018 MyFico Challengers!

2017 was all about Fico 8 and mortgage scores. 2018 is all about securing a mortgage - which means save, Save, SAVE!

2018 starting Fico 8 scores:
EQ: 850

TU: 791
EX: 850

2018 starting Mortgage scores:
EQ: 817
TU: 783
EX: 811

2018 goals:

Get Fico 8 850 across the board
This essentially means increasing my TU score and maintaining my current EQ/EX scores.

Save 5% down for mortgage
2% already saved.

Garden until June 2018
There is still a possibility a CC from last year may appear on CR in 2018. This will reset my garden clock, but no other new TL should appear.

Start Savings Garden - Emergency fund
Save atleast 3 months of expenses by EOY.

Life happens...Adjust accordingly.

Message 4 of 265
jlitnns
Established Contributor

First time here on the Fitness Challenge and I'm excited. I will update with some other goals but this is what I have for now:

Current FICO:

EQ 636

TU 665

EX 652

Goal is to be over 700 by July 1, 2018. Current util is about 30% and will be 20% by February and should be down below 10% by July. This is mainly from a 0% BT I did earlier this year from a 14% car loan. I'm in the garden until July 1, 2018.

Next goal is to keep util below 9% which will be easy after BT is paid by Q3.

EOY Goal:

730+ across the board. (is that too low, I'd really like to hit 750 but need some direction)

Thanks and I look forward to the future!

Message 5 of 265
pashun31

I am working on gardening and increasing my credit score by paying off/down quite of few of my credit card accounts. My goal is to raise my credit score over 620. My ultimate goal is to raise it over 720. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current scores are a decent ways from my starting scores a year ago. Scores and future scores are below in my signature. Other goals are as follows:

1) Garden until May

2) apply for Uber card, apply for Citi DC in Oct.

3) have enough posts to be able to put pictures in my signature! Rejects everything right now. Can’t put challenge picture    or gardening one. Stupid myfico lol

4) enjoy life because I’m awesome

Message 7 of 265
Monnie

I am joining this for the first time.  I have committed to be super conscientious about my credit because I tend to focus on new and exciting challenges and then get distracted.  So, I'm joining this challenge and helping others with their credit, which will force me to stay focused! 
EQ = 723 (1/5/18)
TU = 709 (1/5/18)
EX = 697 what the heck, right?! - (12/19/17)
0% Util, 10 yrs AAoA & 17 yrs 9 months AoOA, Age of new credit 1year, Credit mix- all noted, PH- see below, 0-collections, 0 PR:  So, basically I only have real estate and student loan debt.

My goal for this year is 780 all around.  I want to be the Oprah Winfrey of the 780s!  I think this is possible because:

I have two of four late tradelines dropping this year:  one will drop-off next month (if it is removed 6 months early from DOFD) and May for the second.  The other is over 3-year (30-day late - Capital One) with a GW letter to CEO and credit department b/c I still have it and was never late in 10 years other than the one time (in band camp LOL);
I have a rehabilitation of my student loans kicking in in June.  I have the money to pay off early and have paid half in 5 months, but don't want to mess-up the rehabilitation plan so I am being patient to make it to the nine to ten months.  Once in the program, I'll pay-off the loan;
I have other student loans reporting multiple delinquencies, during forbearance periods.  A letter to the CRAs are already sent to get them removed. 
With that said, I think the 780 goal is doable, but won't happen until the fall or winter when everything kicks in with the removals. 

Starting Score: 648
Current Score:813
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! This will be my first year in the challenge. I've been in steady rebuild for the past 6 months, and my husband and I are closing on a home on Thursday. My goal for the year is to pay down my car loan and student loan debt and keep seeing those scores rise. I started in the 580s 6 months ago. 

Fico 8s currently: EQ647, TU689, EX676

I thought for sure I'd be the reason DH and I wouldn't be able to buy a house. But we did it! Hard work pays off! So I'm going to keep working hard and holding myself accountable. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 265
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all! This will be my first year in the challenge. I've been in steady rebuild for the past 6 months, and my husband and I are closing on a home on Thursday. My goal for the year is to pay down my car loan and student loan debt and keep seeing those scores rise. I started in the 580s 6 months ago. 

Fico 8s currently: EQ647, TU689, EX676

I thought for sure I'd be the reason DH and I wouldn't be able to buy a house. But we did it! Hard work pays off! So I'm going to keep working hard and holding myself accountable. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your hard work and on the house!!

Message 10 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.