cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and the challenge. My current scores are as follows:

Equifax-693

Transunion-699

Experian-672

My Experian score just took a 21 pt hit because my auto loan was paid off last month (which I'm not happy about). I also recently changed a secured credit card account with my bank to an unsecured card, which closed the old account and opened a new card account. The new account has a higher limit, but I'm hoping that it won't hurt me that the previous card was closed. And finally I opened a new Amex gold card account a few weeks ago. Neither one of these card changes are currently reflected in my scores at the moment, so I'm curious to see how these changes affect my scores. Do you think it will hurt that my older unsecured card was closed and 2 new cards were opened in such a short time frame?

Message 11 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys!

This is my first Fitness Challenge and I'm very excited to get to it this year and see how much I can improve over the year.

Starting Scores: EQ(654)TU(637)EX(648). Uti - 7% just paid this down from 60% in the form of a unsecured personal loan, so scores didn't jump much as it just moved categories. Hoping once this has some age on it that will start pulling up the score when the balance is lower. 

Goals: 1-1-19 700 across the board. I think this goal is a bit of a stretch as I still have a Portfolio collection and some baddies until early 2020. I also will be taking out an auto loan in the next few weeks, so that will drop my scores a bit, hopefully by the end of the year the loan will have enough age on it that it won't be dragging my score down. This year I'm focusing on gardening on until September at least and keeping AZERO all year.

Anything else I should work on?

Message 12 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRST TIME HERE!!! Hello ALL!

TU: 592

EQ: 600

EX: 634

2018 Goal: TU: 700 EQ: 720 EX: 740

*Buy a house

*Maintain Great Credit

Not much, but hey. I want to accomplish these two goals by the summer.

Message 13 of 265
ebruno6869
Valued Member

Hello! First time taking the challenge!

In my first year of a build/rebuild of my credit trek. 

EQ-677

TU-689

EX-679

I would really like to hit 750 and my goal card if you will is NFCU Flagship. 

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.  I'm very new to MyFico, and to this challenge, so I hope I'm doing this right.  

I always thought I had a pretty good credit score, I asumed as much because I never used credit.  I'd been using a debit card, and didn't buy things on credit.  Then when I decided to buy a new car, and had a credit report run.  I discovered my score wasn't as good as I'd assumed.  My FICO score (as provided by my credit union) was only 701.  In discussing credit scores with family members, and friends I learned that I'm doing better than many, but not as well as my mother (800), my boyfriend (850), or my co-worker (840),  Now I've become obsessed with learning as much as possible about the ins and outs of credit scores, and raising my score to 800+.  

Message 15 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, I'm a newbie so I am not quite sure some of the terms everyone is using but I do know that I love the positivity, determination and energy of this group. I'm hoping to get swept up in it!

My 2018 Financial Goals are:

*To use my new wage raise wisely.

*Pay off my credit cards.

*Stop running my credit card balances back up everytime I pay them down.

*Get higher credit balances on my credit cards for using them like I have some sense in my head.

*Double my savings account balance.

*Buy a home.

*Refinance my car.

*Pay off two of my open accounts.

*Spend less money on material goods and more on expieriences.

Message 16 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first time to take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge!  It's going to be an awesome 2018!!

It's been a long 7 years.  There is a lot going on with my credit future, and financial future, this year.

You can see rebuild progress in my signature.

And here we go folks, it's time for today's TOP TEN!!  (drumroll please)

1)  Close on home March 2018;

2)  Stop paying child support in June (He's grown.  It was a difficult road.  It was not always pretty.  We raised an awesome young man);

3)  Auto refinance;

4)  Take CC utilization down to 2% (currently at 15%, down from 90% in October);

5)  Create at least a 3-month emergency fund;

6)  $5000.00 in savings account;

7)  Increase disposable income to $1500/month;

8)  Pay for wife's trade school;

9)  Add 3 prime CC by end of the year; and

10)  Get scores to 700 across the board.

It's been a long 7 years.  I've enjoyed watching my credit scores SLOWLY climb since 2016.  This is my year!!

Best of luck everyone!!

Message 17 of 265
Monnie

@Monnie wrote:
I am joining this for the first time.  I have committed to be super conscientious about my credit because I tend to focus on new and exciting challenges and then get distracted.  So, I'm joining this challenge and helping others with their credit, which will force me to stay focused! 
EQ = 723 (1/5/18)
TU = 709 (1/5/18)
EX = 697 what the heck, right?! - (12/19/17)
0% Util, 10 yrs AAoA & 17 yrs 9 months AoOA, Age of new credit 1year, Credit mix- all noted, PH- see below, 0-collections, 0 PR:  So, basically I only have real estate and student loan debt.

My goal for this year is 780 all around.  I want to be the Oprah Winfrey of the 780s!  I think this is possible because:

I have two of four late tradelines dropping this year:  one will drop-off next month (if it is removed 6 months early from DOFD) and May for the second.  The other is over 3-year (30-day late - Capital One) with a GW letter to CEO and credit department b/c I still have it and was never late in 10 years other than the one time (in band camp LOL);
I have a rehabilitation of my student loans kicking in in June.  I have the money to pay off early and have paid half in 5 months, but don't want to mess-up the rehabilitation plan so I am being patient to make it to the nine to ten months.  Once in the program, I'll pay-off the loan;
I have other student loans reporting multiple delinquencies, during forbearance periods.  A letter to the CRAs are already sent to get them removed. 
With that said, I think the 780 goal is doable, but won't happen until the fall or winter when everything kicks in with the removals. 

I had a GW email out to the CEO of Capital One.  I spoke with a very encouraging guy from the "executive office."  After providing him with a very sob-story, he told me he would see what he could do and give me a call back.  I was asking for an update to a ND for a 30-day late in 2013.  He called me today with the decision, which was a no-can-do!  They were unwilling to remove the delinquency from my report.  I will try again with a letter to the CEO next week.  On a positive note, my TU increased to 711.  It was due to the additional payments I have made to my student loan in pre-rehabilitation stage.  I am being careful not to over-pay, as not to jeopardize the removal of the items that come with being in rehabilitation.  EX increased 2 pts to 699.  It is slow moving. I am fighting to continue to garden, but it is trying my last nerve.  I am trying to garden until the inquiries and my 7-year negatives drop-off this summer.  Once I get to zero inquiries, I will probably refinance my mortgage to get a lower interest rate.  I also will be in rehabiliation and want to see what drops-off from that program.  I have read various results aligned to the student loan rehabilitation program.  

Starting Score: 648
Current Score:813
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting to be able to edit my Siggy so I can start the myFICO Fitness Challenge.... Is this time or post based before I can add it to my Siggy?

Message 19 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to take the myFico Fitness Challenge 2018, how can I do so?
Message 20 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.