cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

Best wishes, obsessed is what you need to be, when you are not where you want to be.
Message 171 of 265
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Hello! I've been stalking this site for a little over a month and thought I would get started before June, so here goes!

I screwed up my credit big time in the past, mainly just poor financial management with a few emergencies thrown in for good measure. I bought my house in December 2007, right before the housing market crashed (I was one of the unlucky ones who listened to predatory lendors and bought when I really wasn't ready). I didn't even pay attention to my credit scores for years. But now I am a little older and a lot wiser, so I'm trying to clean up my mess. I started studying and investigating a year ago, and have brought my score up 130 points since then, but I'm still in bad shape.

My goal for 2018 is to clear off as many bad things as I can and get my score to 650. After that my goal is to continue to clear off any negative items I can (the last one will "fall off" in late 2020) and increase my available credit, and try to get to an eventual 800 score. My ultimate goal is to sell my current home and purchase a new on in the first half of 2021.

I haven't paid for a monthly MyFICO subscription yet, but that's the next thing to do on my list. I am currently using the Discover Scorecard TU FICO 8 numbers.

I've put in a good amount of work the last couple of weeks, so I am hoping I will see a jump in my score for the end of June. I'm glad to finally be a part of the community.

Message 172 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time taking the myFICO fitness challenge

Starting Score: 512

Current score: 540

Goal: 740

Goal Time: June 2019.

MIni Goals

Get all collections/derogs removed

Get Utilization below 30% on all revolving accounts.

Reach 660 - Go for a discover IT card - 

Reach 700 - Go For Chase Card

Garden and use AZEO 

I hope to do this method and reach 740, to get me and Auto Loan with no more 7% APR

Message 173 of 265
HariBeraht

Bonjour All!

New to (and excited about) the forums!!!

Currently in the middle of bankruptcy (meeting with the creditors 6/29/18). Energized at the thought of a fresh start with more knowledge and better financial habits! Working on saving and building creditworthiness! My goal is to stay current on all bills, reach 750 CS's by my birthday in 2020, and by a home (2019).

Bankruptcy filed on 5/29/18 with starting scores of:
EQ 569 • EX 565 • TU 593

Since filing hit my credit report, my accounts as well as my scores are changing:
EQ 580 • EX 565 • TU 601

Looking forward to a long, disciplined, but rewarding journey!

Godspeed to everyone to reach their goals!
Starting [5/31/18] EQ 569 • EX 565 • TU 593
Current [06/09/18] EQ 580 • EX 565 • TU 601
GOAL [11/2020] 750 w/ all 3 Bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 174 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new here and want to take part in the challege.  However........ I do not have access to the signature part of my profile.  Do you know how many posts I have to make before that is available?  TIA

Message 175 of 265
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new here and want to take part in the challege.  However........ I do not have access to the signature part of my profile.  Do you know how many posts I have to make before that is available?  TIA

I think it's just over 10 posts or thereabouts.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 176 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@beutiful5678 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's just over 10 posts or thereabouts.

It's more than just post count... even the mods don't know the formula, but there are several parts to it.  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous, I have added the graphic for you.  Smiley Happy

Message 177 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I found out how to access it on another post.  Now it's time to garden and grow Smiley Happy

Message 178 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to all of you,

I just joined this weekend and this is my first post. I learned about the site when I googled "my fico" after learning that my scores were probably not accurate. I'm excited to participate in the challenge and watch everyone meet their goals.

Currently I am about $50,000 in debt. My yearly salary is just over $70,000. Capital One Credit Wise scored me a 547. Discover Fico Scorecard 553. I have a Capital One unsecured card for $400 and a Discover It secured card for $500. My capital one was originally a secured card, but after one year, they refunded my deposit and converted me to an unsecured card.

My goal is to simply reach 700. I know that still seems awfully low, but for me it would be a huge step in the right direction. I have recently learned about paying my cards off before the bill is posted as due. I'm going to further work on that and also create a plan to pay off what i can pay off as soon as possible.

Sorry it this post is so long. I think it is necessary in order for me to hold myself accountable. I look forward to everyones continued success.

Message 179 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are already a winner, with an attitude of accountability like that. Welcome and best of luck for a smoother course to 700
Message 180 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.