cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

hello all 

Message 201 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

hello all 

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I've added the 'Fitness Challenge' graphic to your siggy (when your rank is a little higher you'll be able to add/edit HTML yourself).  Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 202 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @UncleB and how can I add my cc in my sig?

Message 203 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @UncleB and how can I add my cc in my sig?

Once you reach the rank of 'Member' head over to this thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

You don't have to read it all... just the first few posts, then skip to the end where I've helped several others recently.  Ignore the references to Photobucket... they now charge for hosting.  Many around here are using imgur.

It doesn't take long at all to up-rank... the more you participate, the faster you'll reach 'Member'.  Smiley Wink

Message 204 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 2018 MyFico Challengers!

2017…I was lost, kind of stuck in transition. I’m recently retired after 20 years in the Army, didn’t plan financially nearly as I should’ve. Oh well, now moving forward! Its time with the family, college degree and all those things I’ve never got to do with a Beautiful Girlfriend that I have. Did I mention I’m 39 years old?

2018 starting Fico 8 scores:
EQ: 685

TU: 683
EX: 691

2018 goals:

Get 750+ across the board
This essentially means increasing all my current scores.

Garden and paying down all CC’s for 2018. 

Start Savings Garden -Money for Trip 1 of 1000 with my Woman!

Spend time with my Beautiful Woman!

Message 205 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

This will be my first time Taking the fico fitness challenge, I am new to Credit (8 months) I own a businees to which i just got my first Net 30. I have one retail card (khols) and one missed payment from my second month, this was during a tougher time of the year for my Business so i let it slip my mind easier than i should have. I had a lack of understanding on the extent of effects that would have with new credit (or any credit really) as I have had very little credit scoring education prior to the past few months. This form has been a lifesaver for me and helped me more than I can explain. Since joining I have Sucessfully learned about obtaining Net 30s for my bussiness credit and aquired my first one, Also have a capital one secured personal card  arriving this week to start adding and managing more accounts. I feel i am on a much better track now than before I joined this community so thank you for all of the great information. 

Here is my current info and Goal. Do you think Im aiming to high/low for that time frame?

Any steps you think I should take to help this happen are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all, have a good day.

Scores Current ( 7-16-18)

Eq - 618

Tu - 630

EX - 615

Goal 715 (12/16/18)

Message 206 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, welcome! As far as your goals it may be a bit ambitious but anything is possible, given the circumstances.
Message 207 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started working on improving my credit a couple years ago. I had never really thought much about it until I applied for a loan only to discover my credit score was in the mid 400s. There was a lot of innaccurate and old junk on my credit report. I used Lexington law for about a year, and got my score up to the mid 600s in about 10 months. A few months later, a few more baddies fell off and I was around 720 so I applied and got approved for 3 regular credit cards and 2 store cards. After some foolish useage, my score dropped back down to the low 600's. Now, I've got some balances paid down and the only baddies on my report are a bunch of 120 days late on old student loans. The loans are long since paid, and everything is due to fall off in december and January of 2018-19.

My goal is to buy a new car in January 2019, and I will have most of it paid for cash. I want to be a new home owner in 2020.

Message 208 of 265
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

Hello everyone!

I've been reading posts on MyFico Forum for awhile and I finally decided to join.

As you can see on my scores, I have a long way to go but, I'm persistent and with all of your great tips and help I will reach my goal. Yesterday I started monitoring and cleaning up my credit profile as I am preparing to purchase a home in the near future.

Currently, I do not have revolving credit but based on the MyFico Simulator just opening a credit card with $2,500 CL will give me 80+ points! So, I'm patiently waiting until 3 accounts with bad payment history fall off my report, which will happen within the next 2 months, to apply for 2 secured credit cards. In the meantime, I'm disputing incorrect information and removing closed accounts in bad shape where I was added as authorized user. I'm eager to see what my credit scores will look like within the 3 months!

Thank you everyone for your great tips!

Message 209 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone!

I just stumbled on this forum searching for credit advice as I'm working on building my credit and was inspired to join - I appreciate the enthussiasm of everyone and I feel motivated just by reading all posts and your commitment to reach your credit goals. 

My goal is to have a good credit. I know it is going to take a lot of work but I'm committed to fulfilling it.

As of now my credit scores are as follows:

Transunion - 573

Fico - 592

Equifax - 561

Overall, I just want to have a good credit - a good credit to me means having the highest score possible.  I haven't put a time limit on when  I'd want to achieve my goal but I do know that I would like to make significant changes everymonth. 

I welcome any advice, tips, insight, etc...to help me meet my goal. 

Thanks and  good luck everyone!

Message 210 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.