cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

To the myfico community...THANK YOU!

I've been reading different threadso on the site. So much valuable information available. I decided to look and see if I had a credit increase available on Capital One. I received a $100 dollar increase. My credit limit is now $500. I'm on my way to bigger and better.

Message 181 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all of you,

I just joined this weekend and this is my first post. I learned about the site when I googled "my fico" after learning that my scores were probably not accurate. I'm excited to participate in the challenge and watch everyone meet their goals.

Currently I am about $50,000 in debt. My yearly salary is just over $70,000. Capital One Credit Wise scored me a 547. Discover Fico Scorecard 553. I have a Capital One unsecured card for $400 and a Discover It secured card for $500. My capital one was originally a secured card, but after one year, they refunded my deposit and converted me to an unsecured card.

My goal is to simply reach 700. I know that still seems awfully low, but for me it would be a huge step in the right direction. I have recently learned about paying my cards off before the bill is posted as due. I'm going to further work on that and also create a plan to pay off what i can pay off as soon as possible.

Sorry it this post is so long. I think it is necessary in order for me to hold myself accountable. I look forward to everyones continued success.

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I added the 'Fitness Challenge' graphic to your siggy.  Smiley Wink 

--UB

Message 182 of 265
Goal777

Was having some financial issues and some of my accounts went into collections but I am currently working on getting them paid and removed.

Starting Score: EQ 481 TR 512 EX 524
Current Score: EQ 529 TR 536 EX 575
Goal Score: 777

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 183 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!
Even though I just recently joined I feel like I’ve been a member here for months.

I feel like my credit is prettt decent. I’ve been gardening since March and I feel like I’m ready to jump in and build with new cards. Besides credit karma I don’t really use any other credit monitoring site.
My current scores there are 706-TU and 654-EQ

My goal by my birthday (October) is to be at a solid 720 all around the board. My credit profile is somewhat thin but pretty good. I’ve no derogatory marks at all. And I have one 30 day late payment which is about 1yr old. I want to apply for an AMEX and discover card soon but I think I’m going to garden until the end of August.
Message 184 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, X.

You might want to invest a $1 and get your three FICO 08 scores before applying for CC. You'll have a much better idea of your odds of success then. Check this out.

Message 185 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll second what James_A said... 

Credit Karma may not be as concise as we'd want.  I've learned the hard way.  Invest that $1 in MyFico to get those "actual" scores.

OP i'm also in your shoes... been lurking on the sidelines of these forums for months, but feel like i've been a member for years.  This resource is AWESOME!!!!

Message 186 of 265
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

So glad I found these forums - they are the best! 

I have been working hard, overall since 2010 - to bring my credit score up. I have two financial "earthquakes", one in 2011 and another in 2015. In 2015, I finally got the courage to look at my credit score - it was 537. I, in earnest, began the work of credit repair. Now, 211 points later - it was so worth it. But it requires VIGILENCE! I'm up for the challenge!

Message 187 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for adding that for me.

Message 188 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m in! I just joined the forums today.
Message 189 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m in! I just joined the forums today.

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I added the 'Fitness Challenge' graphic to your siggy for you. Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 190 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.