cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

tag
IwillWIN
Valued Member

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018!

My goal for the remainder of the year is to pay off 2 collections that remain. One of which will be paid on the 11th of this month. I am wanting to garden my recent tradeline for several months before I even consider additional credit. I do not have any current credit cards showing on my report. Therefore my UT is 0%. I have been working on my credit for about 2 months before joining myFICO, but I want to make sure I have a better understanding of how and when to use credit so that I will not fall short again.

Starting Score: 572
Current Score: 675
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Aug 2019
Sept 2019
October 2019
November2019
DECEMBER 2019
JANUARY 2020
FEB 2020
JULY 2020

Message 151 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay Had a little app spree in april but i think im back on the right track, Hopeefully this buisness venture that i am doing online goes well and i can pay off the start up cost of the buisness (threw the start up cost on credit  card). Hopefully my capital one post to my credit report this month, it didnt last month opened in march. Will post new scores on the 18th once everything is updated.

Message 152 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late to the challenge.

Began 15 months ago with 639 across the board (out of country 10 years).

Have rebuilt TU/EQ/EX to 753/753/730.

Got a car in September, 9 new CC and TCL of 22k.

Waiting for time to drop the HP this September, no new accounts to then.

Double paying car note to payoff 30 months from today.

Mortgage app after all of the auto and cc apps fall off in September.

Goal of less than 5% util when i start mortgage app process.

800 scores across board goal for when i house app.

No new cards until then, maybe a few SP CLI as time passes.

Not Chase or Santander as all cli are HP.

Plan on track, 8 months gardening.
Message 153 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018 info in your signature line?
Message 154 of 265
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you get the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2018 info in your signature line?

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

I fixed it for you.  Once your rank is a little higher you'll be able to add and edit HTML yourself.  Smiley Wink

The instructions for the 'Fitness Challenge' are here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Take-the-myFICO-Fitness/Official-myFICO-Fitness-Challenge-Signature/m-p/2699755#M3969

Message 155 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to reach 800
Work on paying down debt to <10%
Not app anymore cards
Reduce how many cards I have
Message 156 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late to the challenge, but this year things are already rolling along.

My goals coming into the year were less about improving my score, and more about improving my life.

Goals were to:

1) Replace my old truck with something more reliable and better serving to my needs

2) Stay on top of all of my payments

3) Start paying on student loans (previously in forebearance).

#1 already happened due to my old truck biting the big one rather unexpectedly....I was able to find a truck and get financed with a warranty that made the higher miles less nerve wracking.

#2 I've been doing good - not much getting ahead, but I was on a bit of a spending spree, too. Trimming that back as of this month.

#3 Payments start this summer. Means tightening up my budget even more, and may not get to quit the weekend retail gig like I really, really want to, but is what it is until I finish paying off some other (post divorce) lingering debt.

Message 157 of 265
MissParalegal

Meant to post at the beginning of the year but have been super busy working on credit goals, etc.! In credit news, my husband and I were finally able to purchase a home [brand new construction Smiley Happy]. This has been a big deal for us as we struggled with credit scores/approval in the past. Since the start of the year, we have also paid off numerous credit cards and have 3-4 more to go (which is the next goal)! For this, I will look into doing a balance transfer since this seems to be the best route to save money on interest and possibly pay down faster (and I will do my best to keep the balance at $0 on the cards transferred). In addition to the balance transfer, I hope to increase my credit score by having low/no balances on any credit cards (current balance on all cards $9700, which is $3200 above my 30% usage goal), no new inquiries /accounts (starting...now), and letting my current accounts age. We will see what happens!! Wish everyone success!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 770

TakethemyFICOFitnessChallenge
Message 158 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super excited to be taking on the myFICO Fitness Challenge this year.

My goal is to finish paying off all my debt (which I'm pretty close to doing as I just made my last car payment and paid off one of two credit cards). I want to increase my score by 100 points in 2018!

Being a newbie. I do have one question... what is gardening?

Thank you all and best wishes to everyone!
Message 159 of 265
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck, you seem to know that your work is cut out for you and all you need to do now is to perform.
Message 160 of 265
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.